This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU season thread I - 2014-2015

Glad you brought it up. LaCouvee was really good in net. That was good to see.

Comment

Again, this team is going to be fun. Shame on BU fandom if we don't start filling Agganis Arena.

Comment

before we start licking each others popsicles, let us recall that the score entering the 3rd period was 2-1
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

How often do you see a team score 8 goals and have all of them be even strength?
          BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
            How often do you see a team score 8 goals and have all of them be even strength?
            why so often that it happened in the last game i listen too!!!!

Comment

First two games, 20-2! Make some room in the trophy case!

BU Hockey: Bull Market
              It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                First two games, 20-2! Make some room in the trophy case!

BU Hockey: Bull Market
                Last season, including the preseason game, BU didn't score their 20th goal until the 8th game they played in (11/1/13 vs. PC). Only 43 goals scored in 20 HE games last season; wouldn't be surprised if they score more than that in HE games in 1st half of season.

Comment

Sounds promising. Sounds like the team, and hopefully the pizza, are much improved. Section 103 awaits me
                  Spaulding get your foot off the boat!

Comment

Another interesting lineup tidbit...Out of the Sophomores, only Baillargeon, Roberto and Somerby were in. No Duane, Kelley, Lawrence, nor TJ Ryan.

Comment

Originally posted by Friend_of_BU_Hockey View Post
                      Another interesting lineup tidbit...Out of the Sophomores, only Baillargeon, Roberto and Somerby were in. No Duane, Kelley, Lawrence, nor TJ Ryan.
                      And frankly, those four don't really deserve to be in the lineup right now.

It's already redundant to say Eichel is on another level. He toyed with UMass defenders on many occasions.
                      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                        And frankly, those four don't really deserve to be in the lineup right now.
                        Yeah - that's what I was thinking about when I saw the Quinn put all the freshmen in. And frankly, I'm not sure Moran would be in the lineup either if he were healthy. Despite landing some good players in the past few years, the overall talent level of this program had definitely reached a new low last year. It was said many times on these boards that we just didn't have enough Division 1 level talent on the team. Somebody like Duane is a great example. He certainly improved last year as the year went on, but he would still struggle to make a good BU team. The fact that Roberto, who was sometimes on our second line played on the 4th also drives home the point. BTW - I agree with Quinn's comment after the game, that 4th line may have been 4th on the chart, but those three guys aren't typical 4th liners.

Comment

After seeing Eichel play in person last week for the first time, I had to try hard not to get too excited, telling myself that playing against a weak Canadian college is not a good barometer, and I should wait until he plays a real game to make any crazy comments. Well now that he has done it against a HE team, even though it is a weak one, I think it is reasonable to at least consider that he could 1) be only the third player in HE history to win POTY as a freshman (Leetch & Kariya) and 2) be a solid Hobey candidate. At a minimum, he is clearly one of the best forwards in the league.

Comment

• Originally posted by defkit View Post
                            After seeing Eichel play in person last week for the first time, I had to try hard not to get too excited, telling myself that playing against a weak Canadian college is not a good barometer, and I should wait until he plays a real game to make any crazy comments. Well now that he has done it against a HE team, even though it is a weak one, I think it is reasonable to at least consider that he could 1) be only the third player in HE history to win POTY as a freshman (Leetch & Kariya) and 2) be a solid Hobey candidate. At a minimum, he is clearly one of the best forwards in the league.
                            The target will be the three game stretch in a couple weeks (pc pc bc)

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                              The target will be the three game stretch in a couple weeks (pc pc bc)
                              You mean the two teams that lost last night? #Overrated.
                              It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                                You mean the two teams that lost last night? #Overrated.
                                yup.

nobody goes undefeated
                                (except YOUR 2014-15 boston university terriers men's ice hockey team!!!! )

Comment

Working...
                                X