X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BU season thread I - 2014-2015

Originally posted by DLG View Post
    Actually it was encouraging to see a large student turnout Saturday afternoon
    Have to keep them engaged throughout the season as it makes for a much better atmosphere
    I agree, the 4PM start didn't seem to hurt student attendance on Saturday.

I like the "Athi, Athi, Athi, / Oy Oy Oy" chant... new and creative.
    Last edited by ericredaxe; 10-06-2014, 12:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
      I like the "Athi, Athi, Athi, / Oy Oy Oy" chant... new and creative.
      But that's been going on for three years now...
      Boston University 2014
      It's all part of the plan.

Comment

Originally posted by Flatlander14 View Post
        So it sounds like there is yet another internet slapfight going on... I think we should let Hokydad break the tie. Hokes, what's the word?
        Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
        The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

I've been to almost every home game for the past 3 years and don't think I ever heard it.... Maybe it's the first time the students were loud enough for the middle sections to hear.

Comment

I suppose we should get this out of the way, but BC Twitter Kid has been spewing rumors today about an apparent rule broken by Danny and Eichel for which Danny was "suspended two games" and Eichel supposedly got "25 hours of community service." That has since been refuted by an actual reporter quoting a source saying there's no truth to it whatsoever.

Carry on. Oi oi oi ain't new, either.
            ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
              So it sounds like there is yet another internet slapfight going on...
              Nah that's only between you and lambert
              Boston University 2014
              It's all part of the plan.

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                I suppose we should get this out of the way, but BC Twitter Kid has been spewing rumors today about an apparent rule broken by Danny and Eichel for which Danny was "suspended two games" and Eichel supposedly got "25 hours of community service." That has since been refuted by an actual reporter quoting a source saying there's no truth to it whatsoever.

Carry on. Oi oi oi ain't new, either.
                When we see DoR skating Friday at UMass we'll know the truth
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Nah that's only between you and lambert
                  I think you have me confused with someone else. If this kid is wrong again, it will be bye bye credibility.
                  Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                  The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                    According to Scott McLaughlin he is questionable for Friday with a minor injury.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                      FWIW, McLaughlin's source also said Danny sat because he was "pretty banged up" so I suppose in theory that could lead to him not playing Friday if he was still injured.
                      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by Terrance View Post
                        Exactly what Agganis needs to feel more exciting. I've been to some other Hockey East arenas and did you know they're mostly students?!?! Who wants to go to a game where a bunch of drunken teenagers yell chants and cheer relentlessly? Give me an arena where I get to listen to parents explain the rules of the game to their 4-year-olds while the kid complains that the game on his/her ipad isn't working. The mites games during intermission are the crowds favorite part because half of them have friends or siblings on the ice and the other half are rooting for their kids. How long until they ban students completely and put a ball pit in 118? Give me some clowns roaming the arena making balloon hockey sticks during the game too. Wouldn't want the little ones to get bored.
                        Glad you're on board! Actually, now that I think about it, Sunday at 2pm would be perfection. (And I love the clown animal idea. #TotesAwesome)

BU Hockey: Family Time!
                        It Happened!!!!

Comment

Not that it's important, but did the STU coach and Quinn exchange words at center ice after the game? It appeared that the STU coach may have been steamed about the score, and let DQ know about it.
                          if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
                            Not that it's important, but did the STU coach and Quinn exchange words at center ice after the game? It appeared that the STU coach may have been steamed about the score, and let DQ know about it.
                            Hard to read body language, but I would say their handshake didn't look as warm and fuzzy as it could have been.

Comment

Hard to read body language, but I would say their handshake didn't look as warm and fuzzy as it could have been.
                              What did he want Quinn to do, dump and change every time? They were allowing goals on half-windups and backhanders. I'm pretty sure the top line didn't take the ice once in the 3rd and Eichel was only out on the PK. If you're giving up goals to Kevin Duane, that's your fault.
                              ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

I don't think they were *deliberately* running up the score. But what's BU supposed to do on a 5-minute PP when up 8-1?

STU didn't help their own cause w/ an undermanned roster, shoddy D, beleaguered goaltending, plus the dirty hit on Moran. They pretty much waved the white flag after it was 6-0. Chances are we probably won't see STU back at Agganis anytime soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X