This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU season thread I - 2014-2015

Thought same after first meeting, that despite difference in record, BC is right there with BU. we're finally seeing a full strength BC team putting its best stretch together.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
      Thought same after first meeting, that despite difference in record, BC is right there with BU. we're finally seeing a full strength BC team putting its best stretch together.
      Yeah, I agree. BU scrapped out that win, but it really could have gone either way.
      BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Will someone PLEASE tell Tom Caron that it is BallairGEON, not Ballaigeron. The R is before the G, not after it. It was really starting to irk me. Even his partner in the booth was getting it right.
        BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

would never have thought that OC was #1 in save % in BU history, at least that's what they said on the broadcast last night. Would have guessed Johnny Curry

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
            would never have thought that OC was #1 in save % in BU history, at least that's what they said on the broadcast last night. Would have guessed Johnny Curry
            JC had guys in front of him who blocked shots.
            Originally posted by nmupiccdiva
            ...anyone that can start a meme like that is welcome and will fit in just fine around here.

Comment

I recall Jim Corsi as a mediocre-at-best major league pitcher. How is it that a hockey stat is attached to his name?
              if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Sure is quiet around here. Did everybody jump off a bridge last night?
                'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

By the way, what was up with the guy running onto the ice? I've seen that at baseball for sure, but can't say I've ever seen it at a hockey game. I did see (of course) that one of BU's finest was waiting for him when he left the ice.

Comment

Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
                    I recall Jim Corsi as a mediocre-at-best major league pitcher. How is it that a hockey stat is attached to his name?
                    Wrong Jim Corsi

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Corsi_(ice_hockey)
                    Boston University 2009 Champs
                    Notre Dame 2012-?

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                      By the way, what was up with the guy running onto the ice? I've seen that at baseball for sure, but can't say I've ever seen it at a hockey game. I did see (of course) that one of BU's finest was waiting for him when he left the ice.
                      A BU kid did it at the Beanpot and attacked Baldwin on the ice a few years back. Apparently it's a BU thing.
                      'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                        We were afraid that we would still see you guys bit-ching and groaning about how bad your team is. Nice sandbagging.

Comment

I think that was my first time hearing the new goal horn at Agganis. I have to say, I always liked that it was one of the few places that didn't have one.

Looks like BC and BU will be nip and tuck this year after all. I did think BU was going to run away from BC (and everyone but Lowell) early in the season... but here we are. Should be a fun final stretch.

FWIW, I had read someone on Twitter say it was a BC fan who jumped on to the ice... and saw someone else say that it was a BU fan who ran over to the BC bench and flipped them the bird... that was pretty funny and so unexpected that I almost thought it was a new Sasquatch-esque routine - security had no idea what to do.
                          BC Interruption: SB Nation's Boston College Eagles Community
                          -
                          Boston College Class of 2010

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                            Easy question to answer. How long are we going to watch a team that decides to play 10 minutes a game? I thought we had this discussion years ago (the "you need to play three periods" comments) I just don't get it. Someone (that's you, DQ) has to motivate this team. If you can't get your head on straight for your biggest rival, you're in serious trouble. Maybe he doesn't have enough experience at this level yet, but the warning signs were there last weekend when they slept through the first Bucky game. Talent or no, they had better wake up and start playing. What's the problem? Division I hockey, great school, free ride, all the perks and benefits. Tell you what...I'll trade places with any of them. No more talk about how "good" this team is. They have proven NOTHING yet. Wait until April before you start reading your press clippings. And as for Eichel, the world junior thing presents a problem, because after playing against that caliber of competition, it's like he can't get into this now. He was in a fog all night. And he had better get used to teams being all over him. He won't have the time and distance to stickhandle through all of South Boston and Brighton before doing something with the puck.

Given the events of the last 15 years vs BC, this was a very disappointing effort. And for those who say they were "too hyped up." Tough. That's part of the deal. Learn how to HANDLE IT. You don't think BC was hyped up? They played aggressive but UNDER CONTROL. Maybe someone (DQ) needs to teach them how to do that.

Comment

I just watched the first period on the old DVR. Here's my quick take: BU came out dumb and immature. They were looking for a fight, not a hockey game. Once they were put repeatedly on the penalty kill, any chance to gain confidence and flow was lost. O'Connor also had a shaky start. Not only should he have made the save on the first goal, but he bobbled and dropped a few other pucks to the net he should have corralled. BC's skilled and played a smart and confident first period. Other quick thoughts:

- Eichel was virtually invisible in the first.
                              - Rodrigues' stick penalty late in the first was dumb. Gotta know better. As was Greer's take-out of Demko. Dumb.
                              - BC should have come out of that nasty scrum infront of Demko with the power play. Cason deserved the extra 2.
                              - Nice dive by the BC kid on Roberto's cross check. Should have been 2 for the cross-check and 2 for embellishment.

They're a young team. Learn and move on. Hopefully by tomorrow afternoon at 2pm.

BU's overrated and BC's underrated. Hope they meet in the Beanpot.
                              It Happened!!!!

Comment

Said it all along, BU number 1 was laughable, 2nd only to Merrimack ranked there a couple years ago

Comment

Working...
                                X