X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU season thread I - 2014-2015

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
    2) the fact that you think you need #OppositeGirl powers is ridiculous as was all the whining and complaining back in November as to how your season was in the toilet. I know, all BU fans know as well as everyone else including all of you that you will be there in the end. And that's not me sandbagging. My #OppositeGirl schtick never works against BC.
    I was going to post something like this minus the oppositegirl stuff. We heard all the whining/pessimism on the BC thread when BC started out slow and when some of us BU fans stated that BC would get it together and be a factor this season we were dismissed. Well here we are. BC is back. There is way too much talent on the BC team for them not to turn things around. The record isn't great but if BC continues this path they will make the NCAAs. Friday will be a war and I will not be surprised (but disappointed) if BU loses. Big test for the men this weekend with Lowell on Sunday too. They haven't played their best hockey going back to the end of the 1st half. Initial expectations were risen after the hot start. Time to rev the engine and get hot again for the 2nd half.

Comment

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
      Hey Wisko—

1. Is it standard practice for Wisconsin not to post video highlights of a televised game or was that because it aired on WPTV?
      2. Is it common for the WPTV broadcasters to sidetrack into stories about past players and refs, and forget about describing the action? After a while it got pretty amusing.

Hey Rogie-

1. The entire games are available indefinitely for replay on BTN2GO. What's that you say? The entire world does not subscribe to the Big Ten Network? Sorry, the B1G cannot hear you over the sound of all the football and bouncyball cash jingling in their pockets.

2. PB (Paul Braun) has been the TV voice of Wisco Hockey for 40 years. At this point he's essentially Badger Hockey's version of the Cub's Harry Carey, so it doesn't really matter what he does. Since he broadcasts on Wisconsin Public Television which, until the invention of the internet (something PB may not yet be aware of ) was pretty much only available in Wisconsin, and there are no other D1 hockey teams in Wisconsin, his Wisco stories haven't been a big issue. He's sort of an institution even though he calls Tim Davison and Adam Rockwood David-son and Lockwood. God knows who's name he murdered on your roster. Like all real Badgers I love PB, but I usually listen to the radio voice of the Badgers, Brian Posick on WIBA who's excellent and the real heir apparent to former Badger Hockey announcer, Hall of Famer and longtime voice of the LA Kings, Bob Miller. Not that that is helpful for you guys to know now.
      Last edited by Wisko McBadgerton; 01-11-2015, 06:54 PM.
      Originally posted by WiscTJK
      I'm with Wisko and Tim.
      Originally posted by Timothy A
      Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Good to see Ballairgeon double his season point total over the weekend. Hope it continues...

Scarlet - thanks for the response, but I was asking about Ryan in for Diffley, not Lacouvee for O'Connor.
        BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

USCHO Rankings Roundup headline says:

"No. 4 Minnesota State was the only top-10 team to escape the weekend without a loss."

Apparently a tie with Wisconsin this year is basically a loss.

Comment

Originally posted by BUPhD View Post

"No. 4 Minnesota State was the only top-10 team to escape the weekend without a loss."

LOL, it should be.

#5-10 in the last poll went 1-9-1 last week. Ouch.

Comment

Originally posted by Tater View Post
              I was going to post something like this minus the oppositegirl stuff. We heard all the whining/pessimism on the BC thread when BC started out slow and when some of us BU fans stated that BC would get it together and be a factor this season we were dismissed. Well here we are. BC is back. There is way too much talent on the BC team for them not to turn things around. The record isn't great but if BC continues this path they will make the NCAAs. Friday will be a war and I will not be surprised (but disappointed) if BU loses. .
              we took our whining queue from reading the BU thread the past couple of years and there is not "way too much talent" on this BC team. IF you call #20 in the PWR as being "back" ok, but yeah, they've started to claw out of a huge early season hole. Should be a war on Friday night, looking forward to it

Comment

• Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                we took our whining queue from reading the BU thread the past couple of years and there is not "way too much talent" on this BC team. IF you call #20 in the PWR as being "back" ok, but yeah, they've started to claw out of a huge early season hole. Should be a war on Friday night, looking forward to it
                Oh please. When we were whining we weren't ranked high in the pre-season nor did we have the talent level that you guys have. And, we had reason to whine. We won 10 games last season. 10. You don't and never had. Stop acting like you had a legit reason to be worried.

Comment

. BC is back. There is way too much talent on the BC team for them not to turn things around. The record isn't great but if BC continues this path they will make the NCAAs.
                  Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                  BC started the season 7-7. BC is now 5-0-2 in their last 7 games. There is no reason to believe they will go back to the 7-7 team. BC is back as far as their winning ways. If that continues, everything worth winning in the end is still up for grabs.

"Way too much talent." BC had 4 players (Santini would have made it except for injury) on the USA WJT. We heard prior to the season that this may be the best defense BC has ever had. On the forward side, maybe I've been reading "The Kid" too much, but BC's sophomore forward class was quite heralded coming in, especially Cangelosi. I would have been expecting a couple top-20 scorers this year. That is what I mean about way too much talent. Never mind Demko in goal.
                  Last edited by Tater; 01-12-2015, 09:25 AM.

Comment

Oh please. When we were whining we weren't ranked high in the pre-season nor did we have the talent level that you guys have. And, we had reason to whine. We won 10 games last season. 10. You don't and never had. Stop acting like you had a legit reason to be worried.
                    a Scarlet beat down of Sterlippo1!!! OUCH!!

none of BC's struggles this year are much of a surprise for those of us that see just about every game. When you basically whiff at two straight recruiting classes, this is what you get. you guys are used to , at times, seeing BC struggle early and then get it going and while we hope that's the case here there's plenty of reason to doubt it............. again, for those that watch the all the games.

Comment

B
                      "Way too much talent." BC had 4 players (Santini would have made it except for injury) on the USA WJT. We heard prior to the season that this may be the best defense BC has ever had. On the forward side, maybe I've been reading "The Kid" too much, but BC's sophomore forward class was quite heralded coming in, especially Cangelosi. I would have been expecting a couple top-20 scorers this year. That is what I mean about way too much talent. Never mind Demko in goal.
                      yes, but all the heralded kids from last year's frosh class are still struggling to find themselves this year. Tuch and Sanford look like the real deal and Hanifan, i dont need to comment on

Comment

They are blowing smoke up u'r arse sterlippo. BC is 8-2-2 in their last 12 games.

Wins against: Mich. St., UMass, Maine, UNH, Michigan, Brown, Dartmouth and NU... power houses right there.
                        Losses: Minnesota and Providence... quality teams.
                        Ties: UNH and NU... more power houses.

The Eagles have beaten few teams that matter. Let's see what they do with 2 this weekend, and then with the following 3 games leading up to the Beanpot. Also need to win the Beanpot IMO to think we are anywhere near a NCAA contender.
                        'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by BUPhD View Post

And they won the shoot-out Friday night!!
                          It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                            They are blowing smoke up u'r arse sterlippo.
                            It's not just us!

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/c...ady_to_face_bu

“Oh, without question,’’ said BC coach Jerry York, when asked if his club had turned the proverbial corner. “The low point was the Harvard game (6-3 home loss on Nov. 11). We were really struggling at that time. Since then, we’ve improved as a team in all facets. Our goaltending has improved, and just our overall team play is better and it’s reflected in our won-loss record.’’

Comment

Is Friday's game on TV? Our Friday home games are usually at 7:30, but the schedule says 7:00pm. And now that we know the Patriots' schedule, they don't have to move Sunday's game. Which is good, because I must avoid that game and it would be impossible if it was played during the BU game.

Comment

Is Friday's game on TV? Our Friday home games are usually at 7:30, but the schedule says 7:00pm. And now that we know the Patriots' schedule, they don't have to move Sunday's game. Which is good, because I must avoid that game and it would be impossible if it was played during the BU game.
                                It's on NESN.

Comment

Working...
                                X