X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU season thread I - 2014-2015

Originally posted by steakbomb View Post
    Just checked my ticket. Nowhere does it say I came to watch Benedetto. Apparently he has other ideas. Good god is this guy putrid. One bogus call after another. Not benefitting either team, just awful.
    i sux
    i blo
    i'm benedetto

a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

BU sound guy playing Taylor Swift's "Blank Space" as Taylor goes to the box in the 2nd. Trolling to the max?

Bravo.
      On Jamie Oleksiak:

Originally posted by Hokydad
      If he comes next year he will be eaten alive. Zero chance of success in Hockey East next year

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
        i sux
        i blo
        i'm benedetto

And he's so freaking in control. The other guy has called like 1 penalty all night. I do remember those chants. Pre- blue shirt days. Loved em. Well-deserved
        Spaulding get your foot off the boat!

Comment

was hoky surprised to see bu stay with union tonight while skating w/o eichel?
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Haven't read or watched any post-game yet. I thought the team competed for about 10 minutes in the 3rd. Otherwise, a very lackluster, we ate too much turkey at Xmas, type performance. I have questions:

How come the 4th line gets so little ice time? This could bite them in the *** come March
            Why was that the loudest visiting fan base ever at Agganis? Isn't Union a school of like 8 students? Were they all at Agganis tonight? Did all these fans know what a hockey puck was before last year.
            Why didn't I get a little 10 anniversary memento?
            Is Ahti hurt? He looked off.
            When did they add the beer vending machines? And how does that work exactly? And does each beer cost $8.03 so you need three pennies for the machine?

BU Hockey: Tied the Old Farts #26YearOldFreshman (#12 was like 6'6", 250. A freakin' monstah!)
            It Happened!!!!

Comment

This is not last years Union
              That's about what I expected. Without Eichel 7-9 hockey east

Comment

Looks like Mookie can focus on hockey from here on out.
                It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                  Looks like Mookie can focus on hockey from here on out.
                  So sad seeing the steelers gag

Comment

And Jason Tapp takes the presser! Hee! (Looks like he hasn't said no to too many cheeseburgers of late.)
                    It Happened!!!!

Comment

Looks like it was crickets for the UML - 'Mack final in the Mariucci Classic out in the State of Hockey yesterday.
                      if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Maybe I'm late to notice this, but did I hear a goal horn in the highlights? When was that added?? I don't recall hearing it at the Michigan game I went to.

Comment

You did. I hate it. But apparently I'm the only one. Totally and completely drowned out the band last night.

Comment

Keep the goal horn. Awesome !
                            Spaulding get your foot off the boat!

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                              You did. I hate it. But apparently I'm the only one. Totally and completely drowned out the band last night.
                              I kind of like the horn, but I do agree with you in that I'm starting to get annoyed that they are not coordinating with the band. Blast the horn a couple of times for 3 seconds, then let the band kick in. It seems pretty simple to me.

Bigger complaint for me… has the ratio of piped in music : band songs increased? Not sure if it was because the students were away and the band had a skeleton crew last night, but I felt like we heard 6 times as much music over the speakers as we did the band. Also the volume is TOO LOUD! It is so loud that you can't even make out words when someone is speaking (example the brief Jack Parker video last night) because it is so loud it is becoming distorted. The announcer is not that loud, why do the music and advertisements have to be? Several groups near us were joking and laughing about how ridiculously loud it was.

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                                I kind of like the horn, but I do agree with you in that I'm starting to get annoyed that they are not coordinating with the band. Blast the horn a couple of times for 3 seconds, then let the band kick in. It seems pretty simple to me.

Bigger complaint for me… has the ratio of piped in music : band songs increased? Not sure if it was because the students were away and the band had a skeleton crew last night, but I felt like we heard 6 times as much music over the speakers as we did the band. Also the volume is TOO LOUD! It is so loud that you can't even make out words when someone is speaking (example the brief Jack Parker video last night) because it is so loud it is becoming distorted. The announcer is not that loud, why do the music and advertisements have to be? Several groups near us were joking and laughing about how ridiculously loud it was.
                                That's totally on the band director if he can't figure out by now to wait 10 seconds after a goal to begin playing. It's not a difficult concept.

And yes, the volume of videos and such REALLY needs to be turned down. It's becoming deafening, literally.
                                ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Working...
                                X