• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU season thread I - 2014-2015

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
    Loved when Coach Q chewed him out while he sat in the sin bin. #23Out
    He is one large being, isn't he?
    if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

I assume we are talking about Carrabino's vicious cross-check. We have seen that Quinn has a short leash for that kind of stuff. The irony in that BU was leading Merrihack and it was a BU player gooning it up! It looked like a quick reaction to some jawing from a Merrimack player, but that's not an excuse.

Good to see the offense get back on track, even if is was fueled by Eichel. That back handed pass for an assist was mind blowing.
      Last edited by Tater; 12-07-2014, 07:30 AM.

Comment

BTW, good showing for the 10th annual teddy bear toss. It is definitely a good cause and I am glad to see many BU students aggressive selling the bears during the game.

Comment

• Originally posted by steakbomb View Post
          Dominant. Best game of the year for BU so far. Eichel 4 (assists) Mac 1 after 2
          On the HE website they showed a goal in the 2nd for Rodriiques then they took it down showed the score as 4-0 at the time . Anyone recall the situation ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jofa View Post
            On the HE website they showed a goal in the 2nd for Rodriiques then they took it down showed the score as 4-0 at the time . Anyone recall the situation ?
            They reviewed a goal, called it "no goal" but did not announce an explanation. One of those where there was a big scrum in front of the net where the pick ended up going in.... So maybe they determined the goalie was interfered with or something.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jofa View Post
              I read something this morning that the puck never crossed the goal line which is disappointing given that the referee emphatically indicated a goal.

Comment

Let's be honest, that was men against boys last night, especially in the second period. There were long stretches where it looked like a BU powerplay. Eichel ratcheted it up (gorgeous pass on the 1st goal), and as Dennehy said, Terriers increased the compete level in the 2nd and MC didn't/couldn't match. You guys have a terrific team. I like Somerby (Hit from Behind notwithstanding); he's a big boy, and looks like he'll be a force on the blue-line for BU for the next few years.
                Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Originally posted by kbz View Post
                  I read something this morning that the puck never crossed the goal line which is disappointing given that the referee emphatically indicated a goal.
                  If the ref saw it go in and called it a goal on ice, why does he then have to see that it crossed the line on video? Unless he did indeed - without a doubt - see the pick NOT cross the line. I hope that's the case. 'cause if he couldn't see definitively that it DID cross the line, the goal should have stood based on the call on the ice. Whatever. Solid win.

We need Robbie and Olsson back. Need some goals from the second line.

Next league game is BC

BU Hockey: Top Heavy. Double D's
                  It Happened!!!!

Comment

I don't see the point of moving Oksanen around. I like a O'Regan-Eichel-Oksanen because those two guys can bury the puck after getting an Eichel pass. Rodrigues is having a nice year but he's got too much Milan Lucic in him, in that if he'd just learn to hit the open net more than half the time he'd double his goal output. He's 2nd line material but could use Ballergioneon%n. Don't care who gets the other slot. Move someone up if you'd like.

Hohmann definitely needs to step it up. As has been mentioned its not lack of effort but he's making way too many mistakes out there.
                    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                      I don't see the point of moving Oksanen around. I like a O'Regan-Eichel-Oksanen because those two guys can bury the puck after getting an Eichel pass. Rodrigues is having a nice year but he's got too much Milan Lucic in him, in that if he'd just learn to hit the open net more than half the time he'd double his goal output. He's 2nd line material but could use Ballergioneon%n. Don't care who gets the other slot. Move someone up if you'd like.

Hohmann definitely needs to step it up. As has been mentioned its not lack of effort but he's making way too many mistakes out there.
                      After Saturday, it would seem that breaking up the first line is currently off the table.... although I wonder if it even matters who skates with Eichel. Seems like he makes the line.

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                        After Saturday, it would seem that breaking up the first line is currently off the table.... although I wonder if it even matters who skates with Eichel. Seems like he makes the line.
                        I think O'Regan has found his confidence again, maybe because he doesn't have to be The Man anymore. I believe it was last weekend when he gathered up an Eichel shot that hit a defender in the back and calmly zipped it into the net despite some traffic in front of him. Last year he would have rushed the shot and sent it wide or hit the goalie in the chest. Oksanen's skill IMHO is burying the puck, which after watching the Vinny Saponaris of the world play here is something we shouldn't take for granted. Sometimes you want a guy on the wing who isn't going to try to get too cute with the puck.
                        Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                          I think O'Regan has found his confidence again, maybe because he doesn't have to be The Man anymore.
                          I think this is the key. Not so much from the perspective that he can't handle the pressure. But let's be honest - when you are playing on a line with Eichel versus playing on a line with Roberto, there is a big difference in how much of the other team's focus is on you.

O'Regan deserves whatever accolades he gets this year. Most good players in the NCAA get to play with other good players. O'Regan has that benefit again, and he is making the most of it.
                          BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

He was named HE Player of the Week.

Polls came out an hour earlier than usual - moved up to #2. Wasn't paying attention - did Mankato lose this weekend? They dropped.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rover View Post
                              Oksanen's skill IMHO is burying the puck.
                              Jason Lawrence reincarnate. Lawrence was better at getting in the right position in front of the net for a tap in, Oksanen better at actually shooting, but both are the perfect compliment to their top 10 draft pick linemate.

Comment

Wow I just realized the brutal schedule BU has after their break. Union, 2 @ Wisconsin (I know they're having a horrible season, but still I don't see those games being easy), BC (never an easy game), UML, @ UVM for 2, then after a game vs Umass they have Harvard and UML again before the Beanpot final. Even if they win 7 of those 11 games they should be in good shape. Anyone feeling this could be the first HU vs NU Beanpot final?

Comment

Working...
                                X