X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU season thread I - 2014-2015

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
    So true...Maine has never been the same since he passed. Those were the good old days of coaches to hate...Walsh, Parker, Lenny and Umile. Now only Umile is left and he has softened!
    I don't recall that there was much hate for Lenny.
    if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
      Yep...you are right...Not like the 91-92 Maine squad was that bad going 31-4-2 but they used that illegible player!
      One of the most amazing games I've ever seen was the Maine - Michigan State Regional Final in Providence. As I recall, MSU had a one goal lead entering the 3rd period. It seemed like the entire period was played in the MSU end of the ice. You had the sense that if Maine scored once, they'd have scored 2 or 3 goals. They couldn't score at all and missed the FF.
      if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
        I don't recall that there was much hate for Lenny.
        Only the BC faithful hated Lenny. #Couldn'tWinTheBigOne
        It Happened!!!!

Comment

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new..._best,_but.php
          It Happened!!!!

Comment

No point in hating Umile. He's a horrible coach who's been burying that program for over a decade! I hope he stays there forever. After a recent retirement he now holds the award for "Hockey East Most Senile Coach"
            Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

• Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
              Noonan was better than any D this year by a very wide margin
              Absolutely!! When Goonan was able to stay on the ice he was much better than any of the 4 freshman now.
              However, the 4 freshman now are equally as better by a similarly wide margin than any of the other 4 they replaced off last yrs squad.

I think we all realized that we watch a top heavy team every night. We need to see more scoring from the 2nd and 3rd lines. We can use a return of balloonegeon quickly. Ollsen would help too.

We also have ~8 freshman playing every night. And half of them are young'uns.

Work in progress.
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                Yes, quite a bit. As has been mentioned, the D is far, far better than last year which surprised me given all the frosh back there. O'Regan has picked up his game a bit as well plus Rodrigues and Gretzky. Not sure what happened to Hohmann but otherwise this team is playing better hockey almost to a man. I think hoky has been showering with a few too many high schoolers lately looking for "scoops" and all that steam is clouding his judgement.
                I think we would be somewhat better than last year without JE, but how much really? Has O'Regan picked up his game that much or has he benefited playing with JE? We lost a couple guys to injury last year, so we are better there.

What is the teams record without J.E.?

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                  No point in hating Umile. He's a horrible coach who's been burying that program for over a decade! I hope he stays there forever. After a recent retirement he now holds the award for "Hockey East Most Senile Coach"
                  Ahem, someone right down the street is giving him a run for his money. I don't see Umile cutting a perfectly good NHL drafted defenseman so he can put a 5'8" forward on defense. Just sayin'.
                  Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                  The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                    Noonan was better than any D this year by a very wide margin
                    And now you've dove off the deep end.
                    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                      Ahem, someone right down the street is giving him a run for his money. I don't see Umile cutting a perfectly good NHL drafted defenseman so he can put a 5'8" forward on defense. Just sayin'.
                      If it wasn't so frustrating I would've laughed...

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                        I'm shocked to read a statement such as this. Does this remark mean that the "TRUST" poster has disappeared?

Comment

• Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                          And now you've dove off the deep end.

Ten to one he plays at a higher level pro than any of the current crop

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                            Ten to one he plays at a higher level pro than any of the current crop
                            That's a bold statement. They're very young, their careers have just started.

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                              I think we would be somewhat better than last year without JE, but how much really? Has O'Regan picked up his game that much or has he benefited playing with JE? We lost a couple guys to injury last year, so we are better there.

What is the teams record without J.E.?
                              Hoky's point about Eichel is not without merit. They wouldn't be nearly as good. However, consider that whoever replaced Eichel on the top line would hardly be John Sabo out there. An O'Regan-Ballllaggereaeon-Oksanen (a much better forward than D man with or without Eichel) line isn't too shabby. Also Rodrigues hasn't been on ice as much with Eichel and is still having a good year. Eichel is taking a lot of shifts because he's the best player in college hockey. There would be a drop off without him, but they'd make up some of the production with the talent they have. Even without Eichel they'd be a winning team, in the running for home ice in HE. With him they d@mn well better win the fvking tournament in the only year he'll be at BU.
                              Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                                colin sullivan? he's only dressed for 3 games for miami

Comment

Working...
                                X