This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BU season thread I - 2014-2015

Kid has been roundly debunked. He's less credible than a supermarket tabloid.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
      Kid has been roundly debunked. He's less credible than a supermarket tabloid.
      I think he is still pretty credible about things BC, but his BU info has been off recently. Not surprising given his over-the-top homerism and hate towards BU.

Note that nothing was mentioned regarding O'Regan in that tweet quoting Quinn, but BCHB's negative point about BU was that they were punished unevenly for the same offense.
      Last edited by Tater; 10-07-2014, 11:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
        Does this team even exist?

Not that anyone should ever doubt your knowledge of asians...
        Thank you
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Gentry View Post
          I think he is still pretty credible about things BC, but his BU info has been off recently. Not surprising given his over-the-top homerism and hate towards BU.
          I'd agree with that. If he hears something about the team he loves he clearly takes time to make sure it's true, I don't think any of his BC stories have been wrong besides that Miles Wood was going to BC this fall. If he hears a negative rumor (makes up a negative rumor?) about BU he rushes to quickly release it without verification and frequently, especially lately, ends up having to back track.

Originally posted by Brian Gentry View Post
          Note that nothing was mentioned regarding O'Regan in that tweet quoting Quinn
          I think that probably is mostly because The Hockey News only cares about Eichel, not O'Regan, so nothing minor Danny did or didn't do is worth the reporters time to check in on.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
            Who is the Kid's source? Dad?
            My understanding is his primary source is his godfather, who works on the business side of hockey and played at one of the Beanpot schools (but not BC). I believe the kid also goes to a school that has players on both BC and BU's rosters; however, I have no idea if he knows any of those players personally.

Comment

Originally posted by Friend_of_BU_Hockey View Post
              ... I believe the kid also goes to a school that has players on both BC and BU's rosters ...
              Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories. - Stephen Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Aerman View Post
                I think he means he attends a school represented by graduates on the rosters of BU and BC.
                if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Originally posted by Aerman View Post
                  Sorry for not being clearer. He's still in HS. That HS has produced players on the current rosters at BU and BC.

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post

Next question.

Comment

Where did DoR get "banged up"?

Practice or holdover from last season?

Is there still a freep? Reporters covering the hockey team?
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                        Where did DoR get "banged up"?

Practice or holdover from last season?

A friend who read the live blog told me it said they were injured in practice, but I did not read it myself to confirm.

I'm wondering if the Somerby injury may be serious and that is what prompted Carrabino being invited back, or if it just after the exhibition game they expect all of Ahti's minutes to come as forward so another D wouldn't be a bad thing to have.

Comment

A friend who read the live blog told me it said they were injured in practice, but I did not read it myself to confirm.

I'm wondering if the Somerby injury may be serious and that is what prompted Carrabino being invited back, or if it just after the exhibition game they expect all of Ahti's minutes to come as forward so another D wouldn't be a bad thing to have.
                          Oh yeah, I forgot about Somerby. He didn't totally suck. Hope he's okay.

BU Hockey: Erased the 2013-2014 Season From Our Brains
                          It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                            Redesigned site (w/ different URL) http://hockey.dailyfreepress.com

Comment

I think (and hope) it's the latter. Saw Somerby in the concourse during Saturday's game and he seemed fine (no limp; no visible brace nor cast).

Comment

Originally posted by Friend_of_BU_Hockey View Post
                                Sorry for not being clearer. He's still in HS. That HS has produced players on the current rosters at BU and BC.
                                Ahhhhhh, got it. Thanks.
                                Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories. - Stephen Wright

Comment

Working...
                                X