X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BU season thread I - 2014-2015

Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
    Not that it's important, but did the STU coach and Quinn exchange words at center ice after the game? It appeared that the STU coach may have been steamed about the score, and let DQ know about it.
    Quinn should have told the STU coach to S T F U.
    Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
      Quinn should have told the STU coach to S T F U.
      How long were you waiting to use that???

Didn't they play Lowell yesterday? They gave up 7 to them. If they don't like it, stop scheduling NCAA teams or get better.

Heading out to UMass on Friday. I was unable to attend the exhibition on Saturday though between Twitter updates and text messages from about 5 different people I was kept apprised of the outcome. This will be my first look at this year's team. I hope I see some of the excitement everyone saw on Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
        How long were you waiting to use that???

Didn't they play Lowell yesterday? They gave up 7 to them. If they don't like it, stop scheduling NCAA teams or get better.

Heading out to UMass on Friday. I was unable to attend the exhibition on Saturday though between Twitter updates and text messages from about 5 different people I was kept apprised of the outcome. This will be my first look at this year's team. I hope I see some of the excitement everyone saw on Saturday.
        According to Mookie, you'll see a team that can't get the puck out its own end and will be lucky to score 2 against real competition.

BU Hockey: Glass is Half Full Until Someone Dumps It On My Head
        It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
          Not that it's important, but did the STU coach and Quinn exchange words at center ice after the game? It appeared that the STU coach may have been steamed about the score, and let DQ know about it.
          Could have been the Tommies' coach getting defensive when Quinn pressed him on the cheap shot that leveled Moran.

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
          I suppose we should get this out of the way, but BC Twitter Kid has been spewing rumors today about an apparent rule broken by Danny and Eichel for which Danny was "suspended two games" and Eichel supposedly got "25 hours of community service." That has since been refuted by an actual reporter quoting a source saying there's no truth to it whatsoever.
          First the Keller rumor and now this. Don't know who this future car salesman is, but if Emily Litella and Tommy Flanagan ever got together and produced an offspring...hey, you never know.
          The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
            First the Keller rumor and now this. Don't know who this future car salesman is, but if Emily Litella and Tommy Flanagan ever got together and produced an offspring...hey, you never know.
            He's the son of a former BC player.

Also, it appears J.D. Carrabino is back on the team.
            ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

I suppose we should get this out of the way, but BC Twitter Kid has been spewing rumors today about an apparent rule broken by Danny and Eichel for which Danny was "suspended two games" and Eichel supposedly got "25 hours of community service." That has since been refuted by an actual reporter quoting a source saying there's no truth to it whatsoever.
              Who is the source of this "actual" reporter?

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                They obviously don't say their sources but both Mike McMahon (IMO the gold standard for HE reporters) and Scott McLaughlin say they have two sources that confirm "the kid's" report is wrong. IIRC Scott was the first reporter to break the BU suspensions for NU weekend last year so I imagine he called the same source and he/she told him this was a fabricated story.

Comment

He's the son of a former BC player.
                  C'mon, Tommy Flanagan can't even skate.

Also, it appears J.D. Carrabino is back on the team.[/QUOTE]

Is this because Oksanen is done being a defenseman or so that BU can claim the the Hockey East record for most guys going by their initials in one season?
                  The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
                    Is this because Oksanen is done being a defenseman or so that BU can claim the the Hockey East record for most guys going by their initials in one season?
                    It would seem this is a combination of MacAfee leaving and Ahti really being better suited as a forward with Eichel.
                    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                      Who is the Kid's source? Dad?

Comment

What did he want Quinn to do, dump and change every time? They were allowing goals on half-windups and backhanders. I'm pretty sure the top line didn't take the ice once in the 3rd and Eichel was only out on the PK. If you're giving up goals to Kevin Duane, that's your fault.
                        I'm not saying Quinn should have done something different, just agreeing the handshake looked less than friendly. Obviously STU was out matched. They also failed to qualify for the playoffs in their conference last year... I don't know their history, but last year they were one of the weaker of the Canadian teams.

Comment

Also, it appears J.D. Carrabino is back on the team.
                          Where did you see that? As of right now at least he is not listed on the roster at goterriers.com

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                            Where did you see that? As of right now at least he is not listed on the roster at goterriers.com

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Originally posted by Friend_of_BU_Hockey View Post
                                I don't think they were *deliberately* running up the score. But what's BU supposed to do on a 5-minute PP when up 8-1?

STU didn't help their own cause w/ an undermanned roster, shoddy D, beleaguered goaltending, plus the dirty hit on Moran. They pretty much waved the white flag after it was 6-0. Chances are we probably won't see STU back at Agganis anytime soon.
                                I noticed in our game at BC against UNB they (Canadien teams) play a choppy style of play also and i NB player was ejected and some of the hitting was vicious. Straight was down for awhile on a hit and OK rest of the game. McCoshen was our enforcer in our game when the NB players took liberties on our players. Generally they're older and that's how they play. Maybe they should play warmup games against HE teams but don't know if that is a good solution. I guess you reap what you sow.
                                NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Working...
                                X