Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BU season thread I - 2014-2015

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: BU season thread I - 2014-2015

    Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
    Didn't The Kid stick to his guns about Coyle leaving when the Freepsters were claiming he was staying because Coyle said so? That's pretty quality stuff... Just saying...
    He did, though before he even tweeted anything, Hoky had already started in with his cryptic messages.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    Comment


    • Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
      A lot of the BC Superfanboys turned some of us saying things along the lines of: "Right now I think losing Trivino hurts us more than losing Coyle" into "Coyle sucks and we didn't want him here anyway".
      that's a lie

      Comment


      • Re: BU season thread I - 2014-2015

        about Coyle, he committed to BU when he was 15. Things around the program did change drastically from time of committing until he put on his uniform, including, as mentioned the style of play.

        Two things that are/were being overlooked, his academic status and, the fact that his rights were traded from SJ to Minn. right before the season he left. NHL teams have different developmental philosophies and I believe that change played a role as well.

        Regardless, he's a good kid. Committed to hockey as you can get. However, no he didn't handle his departure well. I think the decision to leave was made in a matter of days, not weeks or months.
        Spaulding get your foot off the boat!

        Comment


        • Re: BU season thread I - 2014-2015

          So what are the scouting reports for Michigan and Michigan State this weekend?

          Comment


          • Re: BU season thread I - 2014-2015

            Originally posted by steakbomb View Post
            about Coyle, he committed to BU when he was 15. Things around the program did change drastically from time of committing until he put on his uniform, including, as mentioned the style of play.

            Two things that are/were being overlooked, his academic status and, the fact that his rights were traded from SJ to Minn. right before the season he left. NHL teams have different developmental philosophies and I believe that change played a role as well.

            Regardless, he's a good kid. Committed to hockey as you can get. However, no he didn't handle his departure well. I think the decision to leave was made in a matter of days, not weeks or months.
            Well said. I also wonder what people expect him to have done when asked by the Freep (or whoever) if he was leaving. I don't remember all the circumstances or timing, but do we know if he had already told the coach at that point? Because it would be pretty lame to tell a reporter before you have told your coach, and we see a million instances of people stating one stance right up until the immediately reverse course - and again, it is often because there really isn't much choice.
            BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

            Comment


            • Re: BU season thread I - 2014-2015

              Is O'Connor available this weekend?
              BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

              Comment


              • Re: BU season thread I - 2014-2015

                Originally posted by defkit View Post
                Is O'Connor available this weekend?
                Freep is saying he will play one game this weekend.

                http://dailyfreepress.com/2014/10/24...tate-michigan/

                Comment


                • Re: BU season thread I - 2014-2015

                  Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                  So what are the scouting reports for Michigan and Michigan State this weekend?
                  well Umass was able to split with MSU out there ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

                  Comment


                  • Re: BU season thread I - 2014-2015

                    Originally posted by defkit View Post
                    Well said. I also wonder what people expect him to have done when asked by the Freep (or whoever) if he was leaving. I don't remember all the circumstances or timing, but do we know if he had already told the coach at that point? Because it would be pretty lame to tell a reporter before you have told your coach, and we see a million instances of people stating one stance right up until the immediately reverse course - and again, it is often because there really isn't much choice.
                    Well, maybe "no comment"? Or even better... how about just not quitting on your team mid-season so you don't even have to answer the question in the first place? Steakbomb mentioned academic status, no idea about that situation and I doubt we ever will. Maybe he was about to be ineligible, who knows.

                    With that said, he is clearly a talent and it would have been great if he had stuck around for 3 years ala Chiasson.

                    Comment


                    • Re: BU season thread I - 2014-2015

                      Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                      turned some of us saying things along the lines of: "Right now I think losing Trivino hurts us more than losing Coyle" into "Coyle sucks and we didn't want him here anyway".
                      Interpret my link below as you will, but I'm going to disagree and say this is false. The first statement wasn't really that arguable at the time from anyone (and I don't see anyone disagreeing with that when it is said). The second statement was certainly said by some and they are the ones that have been reminded of it.

                      I only recall seeing Jofa really stand by his statements that Coyle sucks and who cares and he is the one who has been continually hammered here since Coyle left BU and prospered. Which doesn't really matter since Jofa has all but disappeared now that his Fire Parker dream has come true. But looking back on the thread, rover was pretty close to Jofa on the issue. They were on another planet from everyone else.

                      http://board.uscho.com/archive/index...7811-p-47.html
                      Jofa: "When Calvin Coolidge died someone asked "how can you tell?". When Coyle is gone you can ask the same question. He not only was a dog, he had fleas."
                      Coyle is misisng something that MacArthur, Zanc, Pete Marshall, Drury, Grier (to name a few ) had and thats "heart" ,that goes a long way.
                      Apparently he thought Brad Zancannaro was better than Coyle. Ahahahahaha.

                      Hokydad did have the answer to the $64,000 question before the question was even asked (if you aren't asking yourself right now how BC or BU let this kid slip out of our hands you are not paying attention).

                      If BU wants to get back in the game, they should be all over Michael Vechionne and bring him in for next year. Just walked away from UNH and is a keeper who would be an immediate impact and help fill the void left from the 2 departures.
                      Perhaps the best part of the read is the doubt cast on the BC blogger, Coyle lying to the Freep, and then the fanboy shock that their world was turned upside down and that Coyle did indeed lie and the BC kid knew more than the Freepers (shock I tells ya)
                      Last edited by Nick Papagiorgio; 10-24-2014, 09:37 AM.
                      Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                      The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

                      Comment


                      • Re: BU season thread I - 2014-2015

                        Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                        Well, maybe "no comment"? Or even better... how about just not quitting on your team mid-season so you don't even have to answer the question in the first place? Steakbomb mentioned academic status, no idea about that situation and I doubt we ever will. Maybe he was about to be ineligible, who knows.

                        With that said, he is clearly a talent and it would have been great if he had stuck around for 3 years ala Chiasson.
                        "Charlie, are you struggling academically and about to leave the team mid season?" "....No comment."

                        I can't imagine that ever occuring. After he decided to leave he was basically forced to lie for the next 2-3 weeks (IIRC he made his mind up about that long before the decision became public.)

                        Comment


                        • Re: BU season thread I - 2014-2015

                          Funny how with the current BU's team's start to the season, all we have left to discuss is something that happened 3 years ago. I believe much of the "touche" reactions regarding Coyle isn't just how and when he left, but a lingering disappointment based on the perception he didn't fulfill his potential at BU. His performance in his 1st game (albeit an exhibition) plus the hype surrounding him (local kid, 1st round pick, BU family ties) raised expectations to near Eichel-esque proportions. The fact that his productivity in MJs was unlike anything we saw from him at BU was the proverbial salt in the open wound.

                          Comment


                          • Re: BU season thread I - 2014-2015

                            Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                            So what are the scouting reports for Michigan and Michigan State this weekend?
                            State gonna be a tough out, M not so much. That's my report and I'm sticking to it.
                            'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

                            Comment


                            • Re: BU season thread I - 2014-2015

                              Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                              State gonna be a tough out, M not so much. That's my report and I'm sticking to it.
                              Sure you don't have that backwards?

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by owslachief View Post
                                Sure you don't have that backwards?
                                Eh, he's a BC fan.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X