Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BU season thread I - 2014-2015

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
    i'm not going to be in town friday, so if anyone wants two tickets to see the 2015 national champions beat up on some big 6 slugs let me know and i'll email them along...
    What a guy... EBedrick@gmail.com. I will make sure to have Under 18 tickets for you next year!

    Comment


    • Re: BU season thread I - 2014-2015

      So what are expectations for this weekend? A split at least, right?
      BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

      Comment


      • Re: BU season thread I - 2014-2015

        Originally posted by RefereeGrav View Post
        What a guy... EBedrick@gmail.com. I will make sure to have Under 18 tickets for you next year!
        will email them over. no need to give me u18 tickets for next year, but i will appreciate a call or two for the boys ref-grav!!
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

        Comment


        • Re: BU season thread I - 2014-2015

          Originally posted by defkit View Post
          So what are expectations for this weekend? A split at least, right?
          Since UMass split with MSU and MSU was picked 5th in Big Ten, that should be a win. Michigan pre-season was ranked very highly and picked as 2nd in Big 10. However, UNH (seen as average at best) was very competitive, and arguably superior, in a split at Michigan. So I would say BU needs to get at least a tie there.

          IMO, anything less than 3 pts will be a disappointment. 2 pts would take us back to earth (the power rankings on a couple of blogs with BU #1 in HEA is too high too early) and put BU in my mind where we thought they would be. 4pts and at least one blowout? I'll start to believe.

          Disclaimer: Yes I know these are non-conference and there are no real points awarded.
          Last edited by Tater; 10-21-2014, 08:10 PM.

          Comment


          • Re: BU season thread I - 2014-2015

            Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
            will email them over. no need to give me u18 tickets for next year, but i will appreciate a call or two for the boys ref-grav!!
            OK. Next game you're at, I will also bring an extra $16.06 and buy you a few beverages.

            Comment


            • Re: BU season thread I - 2014-2015

              Forgot to add: If BU gets 1 or 0 points this weekend, we will be reading a "Oh no, we suck again!" post from mookie Sunday morning.

              Comment


              • Re: BU season thread I - 2014-2015

                BU wins both games...book it

                Comment


                • Re: BU season thread I - 2014-2015

                  Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                  BU wins both games...book it
                  I'm just worried that losing Eichel and MacLeod to the WJCs for the game against Union on 1/3 will prevent BU from ending up with an undefeated season

                  Comment


                  • Re: BU season thread I - 2014-2015

                    re: WJC

                    obviously eichel is a lock, but not sure on macleod. a lot of hockey to be played, but at the moment he may be on the outside looking in.

                    Comment


                    • Re: BU season thread I - 2014-2015

                      Originally posted by Agganis View Post
                      I'm just worried that losing Eichel and MacLeod to the WJCs for the game against Union on 1/3 will prevent BU from ending up with an undefeated season
                      It could and if it does, we'll put an asterisk next to BU's record and note that they were missing Eichel. It would be like all of Maine's seasons under Walsh, except this would be an asterisk for missing a good player rather than cheating.

                      Does Union even have any eligible players for the U20 tourney?
                      Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                      The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

                      Comment


                      • Re: BU season thread I - 2014-2015

                        Like most teams fans I fear the Union buzzsaw! 12 goals combined against BC and Minny in back to back FF games last year? Against our defense?
                        Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

                        Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

                        "I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

                        Comment


                        • Re: BU season thread I - 2014-2015

                          Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                          Does Union even have any eligible players for the U20 tourney?
                          Union hockey is like a bar/club. 21+ only.

                          Comment


                          • Re: BU season thread I - 2014-2015

                            Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                            re: WJC

                            obviously eichel is a lock, but not sure on macleod. a lot of hockey to be played, but at the moment he may be on the outside looking in.
                            I'm glad that is the issue with my post

                            Comment


                            • Re: BU season thread I - 2014-2015

                              Originally posted by Rover View Post
                              Like most teams fans I fear the Union buzzsaw! 12 goals combined against BC and Minny in back to back FF games last year? Against our defense?
                              The fact that their coach likes to brawl also adds to their offensive PUNCH.

                              (see what I did there?)
                              Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                              The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

                              Comment


                              • Re: BU season thread I - 2014-2015

                                Originally posted by Friend_of_BU_Hockey View Post
                                Union hockey is like a bar/club. 21+ only.
                                Union Average Age this year is 21y2m
                                It is 12th youngest of 59 DI teams
                                http://www.collegehockeynews.com/alm...cts-ageavg.php
                                See you at Agganis on January 3rd.
                                DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                                DANGER - MEN AT WORK

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X