Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Official 2010 Denver Cup Thread: DU, BC, UNO, SLU

Originally posted by Puck Swami View Post
    Check Southwest Airlines and Jet Blue - both fly straight to Denver from Logan, usually inexpensively.
    Nothing's going to be cheap on New Years Day
    Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
    Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
    Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Been to one game at Magness--won't happen again. Worst fans in college hockey. Say whatever you want about me or my team. Leave my wife out of it. And, what self-respecting hockey program has a carving table at the rink? Too good for burgers and dogs?

If not for that, I might have gone to see one of the UNO games. Then again:
      Friday, Jan 1:
      4:35 Rose Bowl: Oregon vs. Ohio State
      7:35 Sugar Bowl: Florida vs. Cincinnati

Saturday, Jan 2:
      4:05 Liberty Bowl: Arkansas vs. ECU
      7:05 Alamo Bowl: Michigan State vs. Texas Tech

If any of those are blowouts, I might flip over to FoxSports Rocky Mountain.
      2010-2011 Atlantic Hockey Pick 'Em Champion!
      2013 Atlantic Hockey Postseason Pick 'Em Champion!
      Air Force Falcons
      2007 Atlantic Hockey Champions, NCAA West Regional
      2008 Atlantic Hockey Champions, NCAA Northeast Regional
      2009 Atlantic Hockey Champions, NCAA East Regional Final
      2011 Atlantic Hockey Champions, NCAA East Regional
      2012 Atlantic Hockey Champions, NCAA Northeast Regional

Comment

BC has (to me at least) been a huge surprise this season. But happily, so has BU
        Chris V
        Nexton (Summerville) South Carolina

Comment

Cant wait for these games. Haven't gotten a chance to see the team in person yet this year but Denver just happens to be in my backyard now

Cool city for those making the trip. Plenty of things to see and bars to hit downtown.

Comment

Originally posted by Moose98 View Post
            Cool city for those making the trip. Plenty of things to see and bars to hit downtown.
            I was at the Denver FF. LOVED the city, it was really a fantastic time. Can't say enough good things about that trip.

Comment

This should be a good weekend for SLU to play some good competition out west and see what happens. Our OOC schedule has been considerably less challenging than usual years, likely in part to Joe Marsh realizing we would be pretty young and not having a major part of our scoring like last year.

We've been semi-rotating 3 goalies so far this year, but nobody has stepped up to snag #1 yet. Scoring has also been somewhat inconsistent with no "go-to" guy really. SLU will bring a solid effort however all game long, and plays an entertaining, wide open style of hockey. Will all games be covered on TV?

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
                This should be a good weekend for SLU to play some good competition out west and see what happens. Our OOC schedule has been considerably less challenging than usual years, likely in part to Joe Marsh realizing we would be pretty young and not having a major part of our scoring like last year.

We've been semi-rotating 3 goalies so far this year, but nobody has stepped up to snag #1 yet. Scoring has also been somewhat inconsistent with no "go-to" guy really. SLU will bring a solid effort however all game long, and plays an entertaining, wide open style of hockey. Will all games be covered on TV?
                Only the Denver games will be televised on FSN-Rocky Mountain and probably FCS Central. Since DU will not be playing SLU, no TV for the SLU games.
                DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Originally posted by du78 View Post
                  Only the Denver games will be televised on FSN-Rocky Mountain and probably FCS Central. Since DU will not be playing SLU, no TV for the SLU games.
                  I figured that would be the case. Ah well, will have to settle for radio coverage then probably.

Comment

Originally posted by AFHockeyFan View Post
                    Been to one game at Magness--won't happen again. Worst fans in college hockey. Say whatever you want about me or my team. Leave my wife out of it. And, what self-respecting hockey program has a carving table at the rink? Too good for burgers and dogs?

Friday, Jan 1:

Saturday, Jan 2:

Your wife is a baboon.
                    DU Pioneer Hockey. National Champions: 1958, 1960, 1961, 1968, 1969, 2004, 2005
                    sigpic
                    WCHA arenas I have visited: Magness, Kohl, Sullivan, National Hockey Center, DECC, Cleveland Steamer World Arena (CSWA)

Thanks for your friendship Jimbo!!!

Comment

Originally posted by AFHockeyFan View Post

Friday, Jan 1:

Saturday, Jan 2:

Talk about lack of self-respect: wasting 4 hours of your life watching an Arkansas vs. ECU football game? Do yourself a favor. Emerge from your overstuffed sofa, stand up, and walk away from the television.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                        I was at the Denver FF. LOVED the city, it was really a fantastic time. Can't say enough good things about that trip.
                        Agreed
                        NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
                          Agreed
                          Im just ****ed that I was too drunk at the hotel afterparty to go out and steal the FF banners off the lightpoles

Comment

Im just ****ed that I was too drunk at the hotel afterparty to go out and steal the FF banners off the lightpoles
                            You missed the boat. It's a FF tradition.

BTW, if I ever want to watch Arkansas vs. East Carolina in football over #2 vs. #3 in the country in college hockey, I'm going to kill myself very quickly. For the poster that wrote that, might I suggest dousing yourself in gasoline and lighting yourself on fire. Just a suggestion.
                            Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                            The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                              You missed the boat. It's a FF tradition.
                              I'm happy to say I did that in Denver. Not only that, but it's signed by the entire 2008 Championship team.

See?

Comment

Originally posted by SteveF View Post
                                any bc fans making the trip, make sure to checkout the dugout. its a short walk from the downtown arena and the owner is a big boston fan.
                                Dugout is no longer the dugout, it's now a jazz bar or something. The Pour House is a Red Sox bar, the Blake Street Tavern is a Pats bar, and there aren't any Bruins bars.

r

Comment

Working...
                                X