X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• du78
    replied
    Re: The Official 2010 Denver Cup Thread: DU, BC, UNO, SLU

Thanks to Mike Chambers for posting the tourney criteria in his Denver Post blog.

(From DU media relations): Here is the criteria used for determining the Wells Fargo Denver Cup champion in the showcase format:

1. The Denver Cup uses a showcase format where games are pre-determined prior to the start of the tournament. Awards will be presented immediately following the 7:07 pm game on Saturday 1/2. Each team will be recognized for their participation and an all tournament team and MVP will be awarded. The following formula will be used to determine the Denver Cup champion.

1. Win – loss – tie record (not taking shootouts into account)

If tied, the following tie-breakers, in order will be used:

o Win – loss record including result from shootout

o Head to head results

o Goal differential (GS-GA=GD)

o Fewest goals allowed

o Shootout differential (GS-GA=GD)

o If still tied – co-champions will be declared
    Last edited by du78; 01-02-2010, 10:47 AM.

Leave a comment:

• MagnessMan
    replied

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
    Question - given the new format of this tournament, how is the winner determined? If BC beats Denver and UNO beats SLU, all 4 teams will be 1-1. Is it on goal differential?
    I believe it's record>total goals scored>differential.

Leave a comment:

• Scarlet
    replied

Question - given the new format of this tournament, how is the winner determined? If BC beats Denver and UNO beats SLU, all 4 teams will be 1-1. Is it on goal differential?

Leave a comment:

• MagnessMan
    replied

Originally posted by Puck Swami View Post
    I am pretty sure BC just got caught a little sluggish behind a backup goalie. They will play their ace tomorrow and will be a totally different team - count on it. DU doesn't play well on Saturdays, and will be in for the fight of their lives tomorrow.
    Yep, I know all about Saturday night. I can see after the Eagles get reamed by York they will be a little more awake. I just didn't see the kind of talent that makes you say--Wow! These guys are good. UND this year or BU last year. Those guys came in here with three guys out at the WJ's and smoked us. I left that game thinking HS those guys are the real deal. BC aint the real deal--at least not the team we saw today. If I'm wrong I'll gladly admit it tomorrow night (wouldn't be the first time by a long shot).
    Last edited by MagnessMan; 01-02-2010, 12:21 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Puck Swami
    replied

Originally posted by breed View Post
    Expect lots of UNO Mav fans tonight - Look forward to playing the best and we will do that tonight!

GO MAVS!
    I would guess 50-100 UNO Red Army fans in the house tonight. They had a couple of nice cheers, but they got a little quiet when DU took the Maverick team to the woodshed. They are going to have a serious rivalry with DU as part of the WCHA, and being a only a day's drive away.

Leave a comment:

• Puck Swami
    replied

Originally posted by MagnessMan View Post
    I know on paper BC is a good team but I gotta say they looked like crap today. They have talent but showed no heart at all. I thought SLU was a really week team. BC should of been able to put them away easily. SLU's PP (0-6) was the worst I think I've ever seen--I don't think they had more then 2-3 shots on the 6 tries.

BC has a good record but hasn't played anyone in the current top ten and only three teams in the top twenty. If BC plays like they did this afternoon DU will spank them nearly as bad as they spanked the Mavericks.
    I am pretty sure BC just got caught a little sluggish behind a backup goalie. They will play their ace tomorrow and will be a totally different team - count on it. DU doesn't play well on Saturdays, and will be in for the fight of their lives tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• MagnessMan
    replied

I know on paper BC is a good team but I gotta say they looked like crap today. They have talent but showed no heart at all. I thought SLU was a really week team. BC should of been able to put them away easily. SLU's PP (0-6) was the worst I think I've ever seen--I don't think they had more then 2-3 shots on the 6 tries.

BC has a good record but hasn't played anyone in the current top ten and only three teams in the top twenty. If BC plays like they did this afternoon DU will spank them nearly as bad as they spanked the Mavericks.

Leave a comment:

• du78
    replied

DU 7 UNO 0 Final

SLU 5 BC 2 Final

DU dominated UNO in their best 60 minute effort of the season. DU scored 3 early goals in the 1st period and never looked back. Marc Cheverie picked up his national leading 5th shutout of the season and DU scored 6 or more goals for the first time this season. DU showed little rust after a long holiday layoff. DU will face a BC team tomorrow that was upset by SLU in the first game today. BC forged a 2 goal lead and then SLU cam back with 5 unanswered goals. This should be a great game among two of the best teams in the country. It will have huge ramifications or the PWR. SLU will face UNO in the early game tomorrow.
    Last edited by du78; 01-02-2010, 12:15 AM.

Leave a comment:

• breed
    replied

Expect lots of UNO Mav fans tonight - Look forward to playing the best and we will do that tonight!

GO MAVS!

Leave a comment:

• vizoroo
    replied

Originally posted by du78 View Post
    It is GAMEDAY

GO DU!!!!!
    Great to be back!

Leave a comment:

• du78
    replied

It is GAMEDAY

GO DU!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• joegrav
    replied

Definitely lots of respect here for Denver. Now you guys take good care of Joe Colborne and deliver him to the Bruins as a finished product... thanks

I'm really looking forward to the games. It's too bad the BC-SLU game won't be on TV, but watching the great battle between BC and DU on Saturday will make up for it.

Leave a comment:

• du78
    replied

The DU/UNO and DU/BC games are both being televised live on FSN Rocky Mountain and FCS Central.

Leave a comment:

• du78
    replied

DU game notes as well as links to BC, SLU and UNO game notes for the Denver Cup.

DU Game Notes

Leave a comment:

• Dmann
    replied

prebump!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X