Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2014 Kendall Classic: UAA, UAF, Wisconsin, Maine.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2014 Kendall Classic: UAA, UAF, Wisconsin, Maine.

Originally posted by UAA Seawolves Fan View Post
    Hate to burst your bubble but you're just wrong...

An article from what appears to be a Madison, Wisconsin source of journalism explains why the UW schedule looks the exact same. Sorry we couldn't come up with a non-conference opponent in addition to helping the pocket book of a B$g Ten school.

"UW coach Mike Eaves confirmed this week that regular-season schedule will remain at 34 games – 18 at home, 16 on the road – even though he has the option to play two more.

The Badgers open the season Oct. 10 joining host Alaska-Anchorage, Alaska-Fairbanks and Maine in the Kendall Hockey Classic in Anchorage. The two games there are exempted by the NCAA because they take place outside the continental U.S. That means UW could play 36 overall.

But despite a commitment to play the extra series on the road inside of a two-week window – either Oct. 24 and 25 or Oct. 31 and Nov. 1 – Eaves said he found no takers.

“We tried,’’ he said."
    Oi. That still doesn't give them extra games at home. The games in Alaska don't add games to the rest of their schedule. The games in Alaska themselves are what is added. And those games are in Alaska. Meaning not at home.

UW would have been in the same situation regardless of whether or not they played in the Kendall Classic.

Comment

Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post
      Oi. That still doesn't give them extra games at home. The games in Alaska don't add games to the rest of their schedule. The games in Alaska themselves are what is added. And those games are in Alaska. Meaning not at home.

UW would have been in the same situation regardless of whether or not they played in the Kendall Classic.
      It is the games here that are the "extra" games. You are correct.

The confusion comes when it's conference versus non-conference games in Alaska. Conference games in Alaska essentially provide the mechanism for "extra" games at home since they are exempt from the 34 game limit.

It's always created confusion. There was a time a few years ago when I was confused by this. But Stauber1 is correct.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
        There would be suicide watch for at least one on Maines Facebook page
        you think?

Comment

Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
          so no more 200'x100'?
          Originally posted by Suze View Post
          The spreadsheet that an Assembly member sent to me included:

New concrete floor to NHL Specifications, Dasher Boards, Glass and New Ice plant
          Seat replacement - Upgrade all section seats including new club seating and cup holders
          All fan viewing areas get new paint and upgraded interior graphics
          New sound system Wireless mics, remote spot lights and sound board
          New 4 screen Jumbotron center ice scoreboard
          Exterior storage building 80x60 storage building on Eastside to house arena accessories, floors and
          assorted materials as currently stored in connex's
          Landscaping

The total appropriation came to $10,290,000.
          200' x 85 ?????????
          and I thought the "new" used scoreboard brought a sound system with it?????????

Comment

Originally posted by uaafanblog View Post
            Wisconsin assistant coach Gary Shuchuk isn't impressed with the facilities at Sullivan that his team was provided for the weekend. Maybe Sully shoulda rented "two-holers" for them?

He expressed himself on twitter.
            http://uaafan.blogspot.com/2014/10/s...ly-locker.html
            He just said it was a first, he wasn't like ripping anyone to shreds or anything. Sounds like someone is a little sensitive to the conditions themselves. I think it's a great bonding opportunity for such a young team like UW.
            Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
            "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
            Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
              200' x 85 ?????????
              and I thought the "new" used scoreboard brought a sound system with it?????????
              The assembly approved this before the Aces bought the scoreboard ... not sure what happened! And the ice will remain the same size, it's the construction and "guts" that will be of a higher standard, if that makes sense?
              Originally Posted by aparch
              I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                He just said it was a first, he wasn't like ripping anyone to shreds or anything. Sounds like someone is a little sensitive to the conditions themselves. I think it's a great bonding opportunity for such a young team like UW.
                Dozens of teams faced this minor adversity with zero pictures and tweets. Just sayin ... Gary Shuchuk is the first to make it an issue. So it was worthy of a little poke ... I'm sure he had a couple of laughs tweeting it ... I had a coupla more laughs responding.

There's no sensitive about it.

Comment

Peterson in net tonight for the Badgers. Apparently, Rumpel had a lot of tests this week, including a very early one.

What is the University coming to, when we allow academics to get in the way of our hockey!

Comment

Originally posted by Innova View Post
                    Peterson in net tonight for the Badgers. Apparently, Rumpel had a lot of tests this week, including a very early one.

What is the University coming to, when we allow academics to get in the way of our hockey!
                    Well where gonna win 5-0 now against you guys, I jokes. I do see UAA getting the sweep. Maine I feel this early in the season traveling that far, late start which equates to a midnight game in Maine, they just might come out a little flat and erratic. Our boys hopefully won't come out to cocky after that 8-0 victory over Western Ontario.

UAA 3-1 Maine
                    UA_4-2 Bucky (I hate both as many, either way us Seawolf fans will lose)

UAA 3-2 Bucky [Bucky is going to get the short stick in this event, they just lost too much (Rumpel also)]
                    UA_ 2-3 Maine OT (Maine is gonna get ****ed and play a helluva a lot better, UA_ might just get too cocky after beating the "#10" team in the nation)
                    Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

• Re: 2014 Kendall Classic: UAA, UAF, Wisconsin, Maine.

I'm pretty excited for tonight and this weekend. I'll be heading down to the rink in a short while ... Maine, Bucky and 'nook fans remember to stop by my blog for constant game updates (especially if you aren't watching the webcast) and hopefully I can put up some multimedia (pics and videos) to keep you abreast of the goings on my Chatango window.

GoSeawolves.com will have the regular livestats up on their page for the UAA games only ... I would imagine UA_ will have the same setup for their games. Those of course are always worth following but I'll try to give impressions and analysis. Also just stop by to chat me up on the Chatango I have running.

Comment

Originally posted by uaafanblog View Post
                        I'm pretty excited for tonight and this weekend. I'll be heading down to the rink in a short while ... Maine, Bucky and 'nook fans remember to stop by my blog for constant game updates (especially if you aren't watching the webcast) and hopefully I can put up some multimedia (pics and videos) to keep you abreast of the goings on my Chatango window.

GoSeawolves.com will have the regular livestats up on their page for the UAA games only ... I would imagine UA_ will have the same setup for their games. Those of course are always worth following but I'll try to give impressions and analysis. Also just stop by to chat me up on the Chatango I have running.
                        Great... Sitting next to you... Ugh...

In other news. Tyler Morley is notably absent from the lineup and did not travel. Davis Jones is starting in goal for Alaska, Landon Peterson in goal for Wisconsin.

Alaska's lines up over at the blog.
                        Visit the Alaska Nanooks Hockey Blog at http://nanookhockey.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by UAFHockeyFan314 View Post
                          Great... Sitting next to you... Ugh...

In other news. Tyler Morley is notably absent from the lineup and did not travel. Davis Jones is starting in goal for Alaska, Landon Peterson in goal for Wisconsin.

Alaska's lines up over at the blog.
                          Man ... you never know who is attached to one of these screen names.

Comment

Bucky goes down. First time since 1936 the Badgers have been shutout on opening night. Good run for Davis Jones tonight. Didn't see a lot of shots, but sharp when he did. Blog recap coming soon.
                            Visit the Alaska Nanooks Hockey Blog at http://nanookhockey.blogspot.com

Comment

• Originally posted by UAFHockeyFan314 View Post
                              Bucky goes down. First time since 1936 the Badgers have been shutout on opening night. Good run for Davis Jones tonight. Didn't see a lot of shots, but sharp when he did. Blog recap coming soon.
                              Glad to see you caught a flight down

Nooks played well defensively tonight. Wish some of those offensive chances went our way but thankful for Parayko's slap shot of death. Jones definitely moved quickly which we haven't seen in awhile from any of the current goalies. Now, go Maine! But only for tonight!

Comment

Proud of our guys tonight. That's a great way go start the season.
                                “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Working...
                                X