X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 2014-2015

Originally posted by Wi.Huskies Fan View Post
    Sure miss Minnesota on the schedule. Can't wait till we can meet on the ice again. I guess a couple years or so down the road.
    The way things are going this year, I can certainly understand that sentiment.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post
      The way things are going this year, I can certainly understand that sentiment.
      Tech finally back where they should be...playing respective hockey.
      MTU Huskies 3 time NCAA Champions... and going for more.
      2017-18 WCHA playoff Pick'em Champion!

Comment

great win for the Huskies!! thanks for the info. we went to Air Force / Army tonight. same score 4-3. not quite the same kind of game.
        Originally posted by mtu_huskies
        "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
        Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
        Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Looks like Heinonen has a shoulder issue and Coach mentioned no Johnstone or Neville tonight either.

Really need Pietila, Kero, Gould, Sturos, and Petan to dominate tonight.
          expect to see Baltus (what a game last night) and Vallis in tonight.

Comment

Great win by the huskies but they need to stop digging holes!

The best part of the game beyond the score for me was seeing them take ONE penalty all game. And it's a good thing they only took one because BGSU scored on the PP. The PK hasn't been very good in 2015.
            Last edited by Shirtless Guy; 01-17-2015, 11:30 AM.
            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Nice to see Tech get off their cold streak and prove they're one of the best in the nation again. I would have preferred them waiting till after this series, but still, good to see nonetheless.
              BGSU Class of 2017

Comment

Good to see the Michigan Tech mention on Fox Spots North's Hockey Day in Minnesota as they listed Jacob Olson as a Tech commit during the Hill-Murry and St. Thomas game. No one told them he switched to Harvard I guess.

Also interesting we're seeing Patrick Anderson before Evan Anderson or Blacklock this season.

Comment

Well, looking at the schedule, there won't be much excuse for failing to win all of their remaining home games if they want to remain in a Top 3 spot.

Comment

What did I say about digging holes!!!!
                    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

This season is almost more frustrating than the last few, I don't get it, why can't we play with urgency and drive when the score is 0-0, why do we have to wait until we're down 2-0 or 3-0 to start playing our best? We have got to start scoring first again and we have to improve on the Powerplay, big time, if we want to stay in the top 4 in the WCHA and even hope to get a shot at the NCAAs.
                      2005-2006: 7-25-6
                      2006-2007: 18-17-5
                      2007-2008: 14-20-5
                      2008-2009: 6-25-7
                      2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

Originally posted by mtu_huskies View Post
                        Good to see the Michigan Tech mention on Fox Spots North's Hockey Day in Minnesota as they listed Jacob Olson as a Tech commit during the Hill-Murry and St. Thomas game. No one told them he switched to Harvard I guess.

Also interesting we're seeing Patrick Anderson before Evan Anderson or Blacklock this season.
                        Also spotted a Tech jersey during their blip about the bubble hockey tournament.
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by bose301s View Post

This season is almost more frustrating than the last few, I don't get it, why can't we play with urgency and drive when the score is 0-0, why do we have to wait until we're down 2-0 or 3-0 to start playing our best? We have got to start scoring first again and we have to improve on the Powerplay, big time, if we want to stay in the top 4 in the WCHA and even hope to get a shot at the NCAAs.
                          I thought both teams played very well in the first period today, no complaints from me about urgency and drive. And their goalie made some good stops... also BG has the best PK I remember seeing this year, our PP doesn't usually get pressured nearly that much. They really move well in the d-zone. It was a good game by both teams other than the 3-goal meltdown where there were some missed assignments letting the 2nd man get in deep.
                          Heinonen will be out for a few weeks I'm guessing, he has a dislocated shoulder. Not sure when Neville and Johnstone will be healthy... Steman is very skilled, fun to watch him work. Baltus played well too.
                          Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                          USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

• Originally posted by geezer View Post
                            I thought both teams played very well in the first period today, no complaints from me about urgency and drive. And their goalie made some good stops... also BG has the best PK I remember seeing this year, our PP doesn't usually get pressured nearly that much. They really move well in the d-zone. It was a good game by both teams other than the 3-goal meltdown where there were some missed assignments letting the 2nd man get in deep.
                            Heinonen will be out for a few weeks I'm guessing, he has a dislocated shoulder. Not sure when Neville and Johnstone will be healthy... Steman is very skilled, fun to watch him work. Baltus played well too.
                            Pearson said Johnstone is medically cleared in the post game with Dirk.

Comment

• Originally posted by bose301s View Post

The drive and energy is there, the desperation is not, like it was late last night. Blake played with an edge tonight, but it took until the 2nd to see it breakthrough. The rest of the team needs to play with that edge and desperation for 60 minutes, not just the little bit we saw in each game.

Don't get me wrong, these are good problems to have. They are playing hard for 60 minutes, it is the next level that they need to get to in order to go after MacNaughton. I'm happy that this is the frustrations we are talking about, instead of 30 years of sucking. This team, playing the way they are, will win much more than they lose. They will just struggle at times against top 10 competition, but again - who wouldn't? You are playing the best of the best.

We knew this was going to be a tough series regardless. The desperation needs to be there against the top teams for 60 minutes. Part of the learning curve though. This team is learning to be a top team. Mel's a smart coach, give them some time.

Comment

I'm thinking the MacNaughton is out of touch for us - Mankato has an 8 point lead - but am still optimistic for the frozen five and the NCAAs.
                                Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                                "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                                Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                                Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Working...
                                X