This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bose301s View Post
    Bingo, 10-0 to start is great but only playing .500 hockey since then and that will NOT get us where we want, it may not even get us home ice for the WCHA playoffs.
    Lots of home games to come. Sweep at home, split or better on the road.

Comment

• Re: Michigan Tech 2014-2015

Originally posted by HuskyNation View Post
      Lots of home games to come. Sweep at home, split or better on the road.
      I hope so, problem is we've been better on the road this season, until now, lol. I hope they get out of this odd funk thing by the time I go up for Winter Carnival.
      2005-2006: 7-25-6
      2006-2007: 18-17-5
      2007-2008: 14-20-5
      2008-2009: 6-25-7
      2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

• Originally posted by bose301s View Post
        I hope so, problem is we've been better on the road this season, until now, lol. I hope they get out of this odd funk thing by the time I go up for Winter Carnival.
        The Umbrella PP needs to go away. Hasn't done anything substantial for us in the last 6 games, except for yesterday. Show them different looks every PP. Give the opposing PK some issues. The lethargic play has to go away too.
        Get down and dirty, crash the net, use the speed, get traffic in front, play for 60 minutes. This is how Tech was 10-0 to start the year. Those are the things we need to return to, in order to be successful.
        Last edited by HuskyNation; 01-03-2015, 10:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyNation View Post
          The Umbrella PP needs to go away. Hasn't done anything substantial for us in the last 6 games, except for yesterday. Show them different looks every PP. Give the opposing PK some issues. The lethargic play has to go away too.
          Get down and dirty, crash the net, use the speed, get traffic in front, play for 60 minutes. This is how Tech was 10-0 to start the year. Those are the things we need to return to, in order to be successful.
          And work on passing!!! I think we missed more passes than we made tonight.
          2005-2006: 7-25-6
          2006-2007: 18-17-5
          2007-2008: 14-20-5
          2008-2009: 6-25-7
          2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

We're not making the dance. Book it.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
              The F4? You'll come close, but I could see not making it. Baby steps.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                The F4? You'll come close, but I could see not making it. Baby steps.
                We just got shutout by a bottom 10 team. We've got four games against our archrivals, plus BG and @Mankato. Get shutout by a bottom 10 team? We're done.

Comment

Geez.

Not to be the voice of reason, but you completely dominated that game. Just didn't finish. Three pipe hits.

It's hockey. It happens.

In addition, that effort by the Badgers is not indicative of their play so far this season. Was much, MUCH better than I've seen to this point.

Comment

Well that kind of sucks especially for pairwise , but I don't see why everybody is gloom and doom. They have played really well the past 4 games. I think the Michigan game was more Phillips had an off day, I bet he wanted one if not both of those back. Tonight you just have to tip your hat to Rumpel (Who was a Hobey finalist last year in case you forgot).

I look at this more as "It's Hockey" you're going to win some you shouldn't (See Bemidji series, they kicked our butts), and your going to lose some you should win (UofM & Bucky). But by the end of the year it will all average out.

Put me in the not concerned crowd.

The one thing that really bothered me was Auk consistently just shooting it in from the point with no traffic in front to screen/rebound, etc. Others were guilty of this as well, but it seemed to me he did it every time he touched the puck in the O Zone. Hopefully it's something they work on this week as it seemed like we have several wasted possessions because of this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                      Geez.

Not to be the voice of reason, but you completely dominated that game. Just didn't finish. Three pipe hits.

It's hockey. It happens.

In addition, that effort by the Badgers is not indicative of their play so far this season. Was much, MUCH better than I've seen to this point.
                      This. Rumpel was fantastic tonight. 25 shots in a period is a LOT. And the goal Wisconsin did score was a bad decision by Jamie to attempt a poke check that missed instead of just cutting the angle.

Rumpel was the difference and stole the game. Jamie Ram style work there
                      MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

Tech loses out. Mel Pearson flies to Ann Arbor and records a movie entitled "Fark Yeah, We Got Gerald Ford and Tom Brady Biatches" which is just 150 minutes of him making out with Jim Harbaugh standing on the block M at the Big House while the Alumni Band plays "Let's Go Blue" on loop.
                        Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

While going 2-2 over the last 4 games has certainly sucked, let's not forget how well they sued in those 2 losses. That game was frustrating to watch last night but Rumpel is a good goaltender and the Huskies hot iron 3 times, not to mention all the other quality scoring chances. We can't give up the faith over losing games where we dominated play and lost. It happens over the course of the season. It's too bad it had to happen in NC against a team having as bad of a season as Wisconsin. hopefully they improve and that loss won't look so bad, for PWR later. The result sucked but they happen, the saddest part is what that one loss did for the RPI.
                          Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

And Tech falls into a dumpster fire at just the right time
                            It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

One game isn't going to break your season, but you've certainly dug yourselves into a hole. Your biggest strength until Christmas was soundly taking care of weaker teams (e.g.- B1G) that gave you your 10 game win streak, which all of a sudden is questionable after the GLI and Wisco trip. You don't have to sweep Mankato and BG to get in, but you can't take any more bad losses.
                              BGSU Class of 2017

Comment

We just got shutout by a bottom 10 team. We've got four games against our archrivals, plus BG and @Mankato. Get shutout by a bottom 10 team? We're done.
                                Man how the roles have changed! A few years ago a loss to Tech would sink your tournament chances...now it's the opposite! Made even sweeter by a loss from a consistently good Wisconsin Team is the one that killing the PWR.
                                tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Working...
                                X