• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ralph Baer
    replied
    Re: Ice Breaker (@Notre Dame, Minnesota, UMD, RPI) 10/10 & 10/12

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
    I wish I could see the games, particularly the Irish. I want to see how their 4 Edina products play (well, really 3 as Hurley is more of an Eagan product). I kinda know Brauer and Ostlie, or their families at least.
    RPI has two Edina natives also in Parker Reno and Lou Nanne.

Leave a comment:

• mnstate0fhockey
    replied
    Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
    I kind of assumed that the Irish would be guaranteed the late game.
    Gophers hosted the Ice Breaker last season and it was announced that the Gophers would have played the early game had they lost their first. I'd be surprised if it is anything different this weekend. My guess is consolation game early and championship game late regardless of who wins.

Leave a comment:

• lugnut92
    replied

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    Is this consolation-early/championship-late, or is RPI guaranteed to play the early game on Sunday?
    Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
    Isn't the Gopher rule in effect here? So it all depends on how we do.
    I kind of assumed that the Irish would be guaranteed the late game.

Leave a comment:

• FlagDUDE08
    replied

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    Already? We haven't even played a game that counts yet, and we won the only exhibition game we played with the same goal differential as the defending NCAA championship team had against the same opponent.
    Sorry Ralph, but something just isn't rubbing me the right way. Our record vs. Notre Dame has been going steadily downhill as of late, and even with Kasdorf, we got pasted 7-2 against a team like BC. I'm pretty much awaiting impending doom this weekend.

Leave a comment:

• Tiggsy
    replied

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    I believe that's the same here in MN. Parking would be a total mess if both the football team and the hockey team played at home. IIRC, the football team has to have their game start before a certain time on the same day, or the hockey team has to move their game to Sunday. I'm not sure on the exact policy.
    Hmm... wonder how the Vikings will impact that the next couple years.

Is this consolation-early/championship-late, or is RPI guaranteed to play the early game on Sunday?
    Isn't the Gopher rule in effect here? So it all depends on how we do.

Leave a comment:

• FlagDUDE08
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Biddco
    replied

The UMD-UMTC game will be streamed via Notre Dame.

Leave a comment:

• Bonin21
    replied

If Notre Dame could have their game result depend on what the Gophers do, that would be greaaaaaattttt.

Leave a comment:

• goldy_331
    replied

I wish I could see the games, particularly the Irish. I want to see how their 4 Edina products play (well, really 3 as Hurley is more of an Eagan product). I kinda know Brauer and Ostlie, or their families at least.

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied

This year is starting to remind me of 07-08. How bad are we going to come in 4th this time...
    Already? We haven't even played a game that counts yet, and we won the only exhibition game we played with the same goal differential as the defending NCAA championship team had against the same opponent.

Leave a comment:

• Driftryder
    replied

The game between the Gophers and UMD at 1pm central on Friday should really pack them in out in South Bend. It will probably be a grab your own section for any fans that show up to watch. That's too bad for an Ice Breaker.

Leave a comment:

• gopher wes
    replied

Can't wait to sneak out of work early on Friday and watc.....oh wait......

Well at least I can tune in for the second game of the weekend on Sunda.....oh wait....

Leave a comment:

• FlagDUDE08
    replied

This year is starting to remind me of 07-08. How bad are we going to come in 4th this time...

Leave a comment:

• The Rube
    replied

Originally posted by SwedishJustice22 View Post
    It's not because of people caring about football, but rather there would be absolutely no place to park. There is never hockey played when football is home
    I believe that's the same here in MN. Parking would be a total mess if both the football team and the hockey team played at home. IIRC, the football team has to have their game start before a certain time on the same day, or the hockey team has to move their game to Sunday. I'm not sure on the exact policy.

Leave a comment:

• SwedishJustice22
    replied
    Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    There is also tArrogance exhibited by ND to think that people care enough about their football team to schedule hockey around it.
    It's not because of people caring about football, but rather there would be absolutely no place to park. There is never hockey played when football is home

Leave a comment:

Working...
X