Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ice Breaker (@Notre Dame, Minnesota, UMD, RPI) 10/10 & 10/12

Originally posted by D2D View Post
    Make that 3-0 with just seconds to go in Period 2. Looks like Notre Dame will go winless in the Ice Breaker at home.
    .. oops, I mean
    You hardly know a day goes by in a cardboard cutout sundown...

Comment

The ND feed didn't work for quite a while (although I was at a bar). When it finally came up, it was pretty good, until the place started filling up and all the smartphones ate up the bandwidth. Had to stop watching after the 2nd period of the MN game because my feed straight up froze. Kept up to date via Tweeter Machine and GPL.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Third place!!!! WOO!

Seriously though it is great see that kind of goaltending. McNeely sucked up every rebound and was very solid in net. That's what this team needs to be successful this year. Should be an exciting year.
        tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Driftryder View Post
          We played much better D today that's for sure, I like Johnson back there I think he will be a solid D man for us.

I will take UMD today, 3-2
          I agree. The team played pretty good D, not giving up many chances. But the offense isn't quite clicking like they did at times last year. Plenty of time to work on it.

Comment

I wanted to make a few comments about the Minnesota audio broadcast of Sunday's game. First, I greatly appreciate the fact that Minnesota did broadcast the game since WRPI wasn't able to broadcast it, and at Notre Dame, hockey takes a back seat to football -- probably several hundred rows back.

I felt that although the Minnesota announcers were biased toward UMN, they weren't to the extent that one couldn't listen to them, like SLU's announcers have been. Since I have never listened to them before, there banter seemed inane and unconnected to anything, but listenable. It also was apparent that they did not do their homework before the game. Minnesota fans might not care, but they knew very little about RPI. I was a bit surprised that there was no mention of previous meetings between RPI and UMN besides for the one last season.

If it wasn't for the fact that two RPI players (Zach Schroeder and Lou Nanne) have UMN connections, one would say they knew nothing about RPI (including how to pronounce Rensselaer, although they were close). Actually even for Nanne they must have lost track since they knew that he spent a year in the BCHL after Edina, but did not mention that he was in the USHL last year after recovering from injuries. Because it was a radio broadcast and it wasn't synched to ND's audioless video, I can't comment upon how often they misidentified RPI players.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Great to see McNeely step up and post a shut out. McNeely has earned the Friday night start at home vs. Mankato. Overall, tUMD looked a step quicker than Notre Dame and controlled play quite a bit. Tonto had a monster weekend and that line with Iafallo and Krause was clearly the best. On defense, most guys looked pretty solid with the Welinski/Soucy pair looking the best. Soucy looks like the most improved defenseman and one wonders how long the Wild will leave him at the college hockey level.
              tUMD season ticket holder since 1983-84.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                I wanted to make a few comments about the Minnesota audio broadcast of Sunday's game. First, I greatly appreciate the fact that Minnesota did broadcast the game since WRPI wasn't able to broadcast it, and at Notre Dame, hockey takes a back seat to football -- probably several hundred rows back.

I felt that although the Minnesota announcers were biased toward UMN, they weren't to the extent that one couldn't listen to them, like SLU's announcers have been. Since I have never listened to them before, there banter seemed inane and unconnected to anything, but listenable. It also was apparent that they did not do their homework before the game. Minnesota fans might not care, but they knew very little about RPI. I was a bit surprised that there was no mention of previous meetings between RPI and UMN besides for the one last season.

If it wasn't for the fact that two RPI players (Zach Schroeder and Lou Nanne) have UMN connections, one would say they knew nothing about RPI (including how to pronounce Rensselaer, although they were close). Actually even for Nanne they must have lost track since they knew that he spent a year in the BCHL after Edina, but did not mention that he was in the USHL last year after recovering from injuries. Because it was a radio broadcast and it wasn't synched to ND's audioless video, I can't comment upon how often they misidentified RPI players.
                I was disappointed in Wally for mispronouncing Rensselaer too. It was kind of a strange weekend for them with random media timeouts or none at all. They came back for the 3rd period of the UMD game and had missed a goal already in the period. I know they like to have fun in the booth with the banter and all that, but I think they may have just decided to have fun with it after awhile. That's JMO.

I'm sorry you were disappointed in them. They are homers, as you mentioned, but I've never heard too many complaints about their game calls.
                "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
                  I was disappointed in Wally for mispronouncing Rensselaer too. It was kind of a strange weekend for them with random media timeouts or none at all. They came back for the 3rd period of the UMD game and had missed a goal already in the period. I know they like to have fun in the booth with the banter and all that, but I think they may have just decided to have fun with it after awhile. That's JMO.

I'm sorry you were disappointed in them. They are homers, as you mentioned, but I've never heard too many complaints about their game calls.
                  I can't say that I was disappointed in them. Nothing that they did was unusual, and as I said they were listenable. Their actual calling of the game was fine as far as I could tell since I wasn't watching the video in synch with it.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                  X