Ice Breaker (@Notre Dame, Minnesota, UMD, RPI) 10/10 & 10/12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ice Breaker (@Notre Dame, Minnesota, UMD, RPI) 10/10 & 10/12

If Notre Dame could have their game result depend on what the Gophers do, that would be greaaaaaattttt.

Comment

The UMD-UMTC game will be streamed via Notre Dame.
      tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Is this consolation-early/championship-late, or is RPI guaranteed to play the early game on Sunday?

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
          I believe that's the same here in MN. Parking would be a total mess if both the football team and the hockey team played at home. IIRC, the football team has to have their game start before a certain time on the same day, or the hockey team has to move their game to Sunday. I'm not sure on the exact policy.
          Hmm... wonder how the Vikings will impact that the next couple years.

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
          Is this consolation-early/championship-late, or is RPI guaranteed to play the early game on Sunday?
          Isn't the Gopher rule in effect here? So it all depends on how we do.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
            Already? We haven't even played a game that counts yet, and we won the only exhibition game we played with the same goal differential as the defending NCAA championship team had against the same opponent.
            Sorry Ralph, but something just isn't rubbing me the right way. Our record vs. Notre Dame has been going steadily downhill as of late, and even with Kasdorf, we got pasted 7-2 against a team like BC. I'm pretty much awaiting impending doom this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
              I kind of assumed that the Irish would be guaranteed the late game.
              RPI Pep Band
              GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
              🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
              2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
              2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
                Gophers hosted the Ice Breaker last season and it was announced that the Gophers would have played the early game had they lost their first. I'd be surprised if it is anything different this weekend. My guess is consolation game early and championship game late regardless of who wins.
                @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
                On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
                High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                  I wish I could see the games, particularly the Irish. I want to see how their 4 Edina products play (well, really 3 as Hurley is more of an Eagan product). I kinda know Brauer and Ostlie, or their families at least.
                  RPI has two Edina natives also in Parker Reno and Lou Nanne.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
                    Gophers hosted the Ice Breaker last season and it was announced that the Gophers would have played the early game had they lost their first. I'd be surprised if it is anything different this weekend. My guess is consolation game early and championship game late regardless of who wins.
                    The RPI announcer on Saturday said that RPI would play in the early game next Sunday which agrees with what you wrote.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post

Yes it should be.

And Jan fans will naturally be up in arms...
                      Originally posted by CavalryNate
                      Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
                      sigpic

Comment

Sorry Ralph, but something just isn't rubbing me the right way. Our record vs. Notre Dame has been going steadily downhill as of late, and even with Kasdorf, we got pasted 7-2 against a team like BC. I'm pretty much awaiting impending doom this weekend.
                        1) Notre Dame has been becoming a more relevant and better team for a long time now.
                        2) Kasdorf injured his shoulder during that game vs. BC, and that was a year ago.

Sometimes I wonder if you double-check what you type.
                        Hockey is serious business. Everything else is just a game.

RPI Hockey, Syracuse Football, New York Rangers, New York Giants.

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                          The UMD-UMTC game will be streamed via Notre Dame.
                          Got a link, or any other info? Cost?

Comment

Originally posted by Koho View Post
                            Link is over on GPL in the ice breaker thread.

Says its free.
                            Originally posted by CavalryNate
                            Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Koho View Post
                              http://www.watchnd.tv/#!/shows/Ice_B...nament/1857915
                              Free
                              But shhhh don't tell anyone as they might not be able to handle the number of viewers...

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
                                Hence why they're playing us.

Comment

Working...
                                X