Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WCHA TV – Questions, Comments, Complaints, etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gfmorris
    replied
    Re: WCHA TV – Questions, Comments, Complaints, etc.

So hm. I was looking at the PPV options for seeing UAH play Air Force next weekend. Who's the provider? Eversport. So I googled "eversport america one sports" and found the following: https://eversport.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

AmericaOne

American One is still in business and serves customers today. For some sports, America One has chosen to partner with Eversport to provide the consumer facing experience including a responsive design site for web, tablet, and mobile screens which can also be syndicated to team and league websites.

Eversport also handles billing and customer care. America One remains the primary broadcast operations contact, handling the production and streaming of the games as well as the primary interface into each of the partnerships.

Partnership with EverSport.tv

We chose to work with Eversport b/c of their technological and product expertise in the field of digital sports steaming. They bring an optimized user experience across web, tablets, and mobile combined with integrated billing inside of the video player. Eversport also excels in connecting users to content as evidence by their experience in syndication, social, search engine marketing, and search engine optimization. America One remains the primary owner of the partner relationships and handles streaming, broadcast operations, and technical services.
    So apparently we are getting America One in a really terrible wrapper that charges us international transaction fees, removes features, and costs as much or more.

Who wants another poop sandwich?!

GFM

Leave a comment:

• gfmorris
    replied

Tech games looked pretty good last year (watched the UAH tilts and a couple of other random games).

GFM

Leave a comment:

• mtu_huskies
    replied

Completely agree Ryan J. Did you get to see the scrimmage Tech aired on their site for free? I thought that was good quality, how can WCHA.tv not have the same quality, don't get it.

Leave a comment:

• JohnsonsJerseys
    replied

I also found this gem when I visited the WCHA.TV site when looking for their contact info. It appears their first order of business was to decrease expectations rather than solve the problem. If you read earlier in this thread you can see the quote a grabbed from their site a few weeks ago has now been changed.

The site used to read "fans can watch up to 185 WCHA games live and in high definition via WCHA.TV..."
    and now it says "Most WCHA.tv broadcasts will be produced in high definition".

Production is not the same as viewing. It's like recording a new album in digital and then putting the finished product out the public on a cassette. Doesn't matter how good the master recordings are if the media used can't support the same quality. Production being in HD means nothing if the stream can't support it.

Ryan J

Leave a comment:

• Laker Dude
    replied

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
    Yes, the quality has definitely gone down, along with features while the price has gone up. I'm not happy.
    The 5-8 games I watched through Tech's feed last year were pretty good. You could see the puck through Tech's feed last year.

I agree that the quality was poor last night. I could not see the puck when watching the game either.

Leave a comment:

• Shirtless Guy
    replied

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
    Finally got to see a game broadcast from Michigan Tech last night. As much as it pains me to say so as a Tech alum, the resolution of the broadcast was absolute GARBAGE. What they were broadcasting in terms of content was actually pretty good. They tried to mix in some replays during the game, had the score and time on screen nearly the entire game and the audio matched the video. HOWEVER, I CAN BARELY SEE THE PUCK THE QUALITY WAS SO POOR.
    Ryan J
    Yes, the quality has definitely gone down, along with features while the price has gone up. I'm not happy.

Leave a comment:

• JohnsonsJerseys
    replied

Finally got to see a game broadcast from Michigan Tech last night. As much as it pains me to say so as a Tech alum, the resolution of the broadcast was absolute GARBAGE. What they were broadcasting in terms of content was actually pretty good. They tried to mix in some replays during the game, had the score and time on screen nearly the entire game and the audio matched the video. HOWEVER, I CAN BARELY SEE THE PUCK THE QUALITY WAS SO POOR.
    Ryan J

Leave a comment:

• davyd83
    replied

I had the feed on the iPad at the LSSU/NMU game. Logging in was not easy, and then several times got a message indicating I couldn't log in because I was already logged in. Also the feed was several minutes behind real time.

Leave a comment:

• gfmorris
    replied

The feed from Mankato tonight was great for me. I'm watching on a mid-2011 MacBook Air, and I used a Chromecast to sling the audio to my TV.

Sorry to hear that the feed from some rinks is still awful.

GFM

Leave a comment:

• mtu_huskies
    replied

IMO crappy night for wcha.tv.

Michigan Tech at Ferris State on demand wasn't posted til about 2 hours after the game ended, I think America One it was much much faster.

The video was down for the 1st 10 mins of the 2nd period and no sound at all in the 2nd period for me.

Overall they're already refunding my foreign transaction fee, now they said they'd refund m money for tonight's game, the next step is to ask for a refund of the season if the bad quality continues.

Leave a comment:

• davyd83
    replied
    Watched the feed for NMU vs WI at Green Bay... low def.
    Watched the feed for UMD @ MSU... low def

Let me guess, they realized the issue was low bandwidth and they are working to solve the problem...
    Ryan J
    the feed and equipment for NMU-Wisconsin was provided by the same group that does it for the Green Bay Gamblers & Green Bay Blizzard.

Leave a comment:

• gfmorris
    replied

I was told by a UAH Athletics staff member that UAH was getting a dedicated data line in at the VBC, purely for the video stream. Does the new WCHA.tv use Octoshape the way that AmericaONE did? I have it installed on my MacBook Air, so I don't know if they suddenly dropped things. (But my fan didn't go to full blast, so maybe not.)

GFM

Leave a comment:

• Jimjamesak
    replied

Let me guess, they realized the issue was low bandwidth and they are working to solve the problem...
    Ryan J
    It's gotta be the service. I know the games in Anchorage are broadcast in HD, I'm able to watch an HD recording here.

Leave a comment:

• UAA08
    replied

Thanks for all the feedback. I just subscribed yesterday, and I am having some issues. Does anyone know how to do the following:

1. Change the password.
    2. Is there a way to watch the feed in full screen? When I press full screen, it doesn't pop up. Do I need to download something?

Thanks for any help anyone can offer.

Leave a comment:

• JohnsonsJerseys
    replied

Ryan J

Leave a comment:

Working...
X