Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WCHA TV – Questions, Comments, Complaints, etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: WCHA TV – Questions, Comments, Complaints, etc.

I want to apologize in advance to fans of Ferris State and Alaska, because the University has decided to let Chris "Harry Caray" Davis finish out the season in the broadcasting booth.

GFM
    Geof F. Morris
    UAH BSE MAE 2002
    UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
      I want to apologize in advance to fans of Ferris State and Alaska, because the University has decided to let Chris "Harry Caray" Davis finish out the season in the broadcasting booth.

GFM
      Does that mean that he's done after this season?
      MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

Originally posted by stuckinwi View Post
        Does that mean that he's done after this season?
        I was told that we'd revisit things in the offseason, which I take to mean that I was the right guy before the season (when I turned it down), and I might be the right guy next year, but I'm not right now even when, well, my broadcasts were demonstrably better.

GFM
        Geof F. Morris
        UAH BSE MAE 2002
        UAHHockey.com

Comment

I'm really sorry to everyone that had to watch tonight's UAH broadcast. I'm at home myself, and I'm watching, and ... this is terrible.

GFM
          Geof F. Morris
          UAH BSE MAE 2002
          UAHHockey.com

Comment

Watched the Bemidji broadcast tonight. Excellent feed. Rewound one time for maybe 3 seconds. Other than that the feed was perfect.
            Not HD but what the heck.

Comment

My wife made the comment that the Bemidji broadcast on Lakeland TV looks much better than it has in the past. It seems like we're getting legit HD now.
              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                My wife made the comment that the Bemidji broadcast on Lakeland TV looks much better than it has in the past. It seems like we're getting legit HD now.
                The friends of mine who watched the UAH broadcast from home last night flipped over to the Bemidji broadcast and were floored by how good it was.

GFM
                Geof F. Morris
                UAH BSE MAE 2002
                UAHHockey.com

Comment

• Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                  The friends of mine who watched the UAH broadcast from home last night flipped over to the Bemidji broadcast and were floored by how good it was.

GFM
                  It helps when the local PBS station has invested in the programming/equipment for their broadcasts.
                  Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
                  FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                  NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
                  NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
                  NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
                  NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
                  Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
                  Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

Originally posted by beaverhockeyfan View Post
                    It helps when the local PBS station has invested in the programming/equipment for their broadcasts.
                    The only minor quibble I have is that the score for each team is on the opposite ends of the screen. It's like:
                    2 Alaska-Anchorage - Bemidji State 3

It's weird to me because typically the scores are close together so that eyes can quickly glance at it and then focus back on the action.

I believe know Geof has suggested that it would be great if one of our local stations would invest in broadcasting UAH games on its secondary digital channel (WHNT2 for example). That'd be nice.
                    Michael Napier - UAH '97
                    uahhockey.com

UAH Chargers Hockey
                    U.S. National Club Champions - 1982, 1983, 1984
                    NCAA Division II National Champions - 1996, 1998
                    CHA Regular Season Champions - 2001, 2003
                    CHA Tournament Champions - 2007, 2010

Comment

I am fervently hoping that the league makes enough money from TV and that the future tv stuff looks bright enough that some of our teams take a second look and decide staying makes sense.
                      MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                        I am fervently hoping that the league makes enough money from TV and that the future tv stuff looks bright enough that some of our teams take a second look and decide staying makes sense.
                        I still have to think that with the public TV and many of the WCHA Universities, Lakeland and Mankato, heck KUAC in Fairbanks, that the technology out there that WHY the WCHA can't keep it in-house, and cut out the middle man...It ain't rocket science((oh await gotta think UAH could bring some stuff to the party))...Tell America One--Eversport bye bye

Keep costs down and get a better product out there....

New commish should have connections at FOX Sport North for ideas too...

Comment

Originally posted by fairbanks hockey puck View Post
                          I still have to think that with the public TV and many of the WCHA Universities, Lakeland and Mankato, heck KUAC in Fairbanks, that the technology out there that WHY the WCHA can't keep it in-house, and cut out the middle man...It ain't rocket science((oh await gotta think UAH could bring some stuff to the party))...Tell America One--Eversport bye bye

Keep costs down and get a better product out there....

New commish should have connections at FOX Sport North for ideas too...
                          AmericaONE and Eversport are providing access to Content Delivery Networks (CDNs). I think that Eversport uses Akamai. Could the league roll their own and cut out the middle man? Probably yes, but it would probably be more expensive than using an extant provider.

GFM
                          Geof F. Morris
                          UAH BSE MAE 2002
                          UAHHockey.com

Comment

I had no problems with the WCHA.tv feed in January, but haven't had a chance to buy a game since.

Just bought the NMU at MTU game for tonight, and I'd like to say... what a giant pile of steaming sh*t this service is. It took most of the first period for me to get the iPad streaming to kinda work. I can't watch it "Live" because after one second the video feed freezes while the audio keeps playing. After about five/six seconds of this, the video feed rewinds to the very beginning of the feed.

Then it froze and I had to restart it, and I can't get the video feed to load again. It keeps making me want to watch the video feed from the start.

What a steaming pile.
                            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Tonight the streaming is working better, except that the video feed keeps pausing, like something is out of sync or their tubes aren't big enough to handle the Wildcat Night across the Country demand. Audio is unaffected.

Really disappointed with how awful the service degraded this year.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Bought the day pass for today's games since I don't have the Fox Sports College channels on my Comcast lineup. (And spending $9 is less hassle than sitting an hour on the phone with Comcast to have them add the package just for a game or two.)

The video feed is a bit jerky. Definitely not as bad as the Wildcat Night Across the Country, but a little bit of a stutter to the feed. Almost like it could be a sync issue with the frame rate. Fast motion also gets pixelated (very noticeable when the Fox Sports graphic fills the screen).

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Working...
                                X