Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WCHA TV – Questions, Comments, Complaints, etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: WCHA TV – Questions, Comments, Complaints, etc.

Originally posted by beaverhockeyfan View Post
    Lake State
    Tech
    Northern
    Ferris

But Family commitments won't allow all of those. So it is more of a last minute thing.

Plus the North Star Cup, but that is on TV.
    I've found watching on the iPhone has been really good actually when I can't be at home to watch.
    MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

Lake State
      Tech
      Northern
      Ferris

But Family commitments won't allow all of those. So it is more of a last minute thing.

Plus the North Star Cup, but that is on TV.
      I thought the MTU games at LSSU looked awesome on my ipad even though that was the first weekend. Much more disappointed on my tv the night after...things have improved but I've only watch games where MTU is playing. The feed at NMU looked pretty good last friday, only listened saturday night in Houghton. with 8 road games left I guess game by game is the way to go for you, since home games are on Lakeland TV for you.
      Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by stuckinwi View Post
        I've found watching on the iPhone has been really good actually when I can't be at home to watch.
        That would go over real well with my wife......
        Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
        FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
        NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
        NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
        NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
        NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
        Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
        Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
          I thought the MTU games at LSSU looked awesome on my ipad even though that was the first weekend. Much more disappointed on my tv the night after...things have improved but I've only watch games where MTU is playing. The feed at NMU looked pretty good last friday, only listened saturday night in Houghton. with 8 road games left I guess game by game is the way to go for you, since home games are on Lakeland TV for you.
          I don't know if I will be able to wrestle the TV away from the kiddos and wife tomorrow night, but I do have a Samsung Galaxy Note that I can pull it up on.

If all else fails, I always have Schultzie and the Beaver Radio Network to listen to through TuneIn Radio.
          Millsy

FROZEN FOUR 2009!

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
          Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84

Comment

That would go over real well with my wife......
            haha, My wife has just given up at this point.
            MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

What is Lake State's feed like? With it being $8, I may take a gamble and purchase one (or both) of the BSU games this weekend.
              Uneven at best. Their camera angles are bizarre (lead camera at right blue line, 2nd camera in upper left corner, and 3rd in what amounts to a reverse angle low that they cut to on live action in a really weird way). And none of them are balanced with each other to create a uniform look - the white balance and iris are different for each camera. If you can accept all that, you should be ok.

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                Uneven at best. Their camera angles are bizarre (lead camera at right blue line, 2nd camera in upper left corner, and 3rd in what amounts to a reverse angle low that they cut to on live action in a really weird way). And none of them are balanced with each other to create a uniform look - the white balance and iris are different for each camera. If you can accept all that, you should be ok.
                Thanks! I am kind of spoiled with Lakeland's coverage of BSU.

I guess I will be a game time decision.
                Millsy

FROZEN FOUR 2009!

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                  It's better than one camera. WTG, UAH.

GFM
                  Geof F. Morris
                  UAH BSE MAE 2002
                  UAHHockey.com

Comment

If you've watched a UAH game this year and had the Chris "Gives Chase" Davis experience, please email william.brophy@uah.edu and tell him about your experience. Thanks.

GFM
                    Geof F. Morris
                    UAH BSE MAE 2002
                    UAHHockey.com

Comment

Thanks! I am kind of spoiled with Lakeland's coverage of BSU.
                      I live in the twin cities, and we get all of the BSU home games on channel 2 (free!). I wish I could watch other college hockey for free! It is kind of sad when I have to look forward to a Minnesota State @ BSU game to be able to watch it for free on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                        If you've watched a UAH game this year and had the Chris "Gives Chase" Davis experience, please email william.brophy@uah.edu and tell him about your experience. Thanks.

GFM
                        We started watching the UAH game after the BG game concluded. Yeah, he's pretty awful. The moments of dead air are a relief. Although I thought we may be able to create a drinking game by taking a shot of something every time he says "Hooooo!" (or however you spell that. )

Comment

Originally posted by BGFan View Post
                          We started watching the UAH game after the BG game concluded. Yeah, he's pretty awful. The moments of dead air are a relief. Although I thought we may be able to create a drinking game by taking a shot of something every time he says "Hooooo!" (or however you spell that. )
                          If it is as bad as you say, why not let UAH use the away broadcasters feed>>>> just saying......

Comment

Originally posted by BGFan View Post
                            When we watched and listened to the "OOOOOOOOH" (or however you spell that) it was about the only humorous (or is that humorless?) part of the "broadcast??". The guy has not a clue. Right down to which "zone" is offense and which one is defense. By the Saturday game he had learned the visiting goalies name. No other visiting players name but he did get the goalies even if he mispronounced it. It is truly surprising the way the program is on the upswing that UAH continues with that embarrassment.
                            "

Comment

Originally posted by fairbanks hockey puck View Post
                              If it is as bad as you say, why not let UAH use the away broadcasters feed>>>> just saying......
                              Well, that's not the league's setup.

GFM
                              Geof F. Morris
                              UAH BSE MAE 2002
                              UAHHockey.com

Comment

Having seen the varying (but mostly negative) opinions of WCHA TV throughout the season, I have been apprehensive to try it myself. That said, does anybody know how the feed out of Bowling Green is? I'm considering going for a game this weekend, and want to hear what others have experienced with this.
                                Go Lakers!

Check out the Laker Hockey Blog, it's good for you! http://lakerhockeyblog.com

Comment

Working...
                                X