Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WCHA TV – Questions, Comments, Complaints, etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: WCHA TV – Questions, Comments, Complaints, etc.

Originally posted by aparch View Post
    Audio feed from _airbanks is very quiet. Have my TV cranked up and it's hard to hear.

... and the UA_ broadcast crew is aware of it, and just commented about it.
    It's still better then UAH. He actually stopped play by play to yell at someone about the jersey he was wearing outside the press box.
    MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

Well that's a fun glitch. The video feed went black a few times, and now the audio is five seconds ahead of the video feed.

The UAF broadcasters said that they're having problems in arena, and are using a backup phone line for their audio broadcast (although I'm pretty sure they're just using a CB radio to broadcast).

And good lord is that awful of the UAH broadcaster.
      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by stuckinwi View Post
        It's still better then UAH. He actually stopped play by play to yell at someone about the jersey he was wearing outside the press box.
        Jesus Horatio Christ. Please email wiliam.brophy@uah.edu.

GFM
        Geof F. Morris
        UAH BSE MAE 2002
        UAHHockey.com

Comment

Please tell me someone has put this up on YouTube.
          Ryan J
          Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
          https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
          Originally posted by geezer
          Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
          Originally posted by manurespreader
          ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
            Please tell me someone has put this up on YouTube.
            Ryan J
            I'll see if I can find it by re watching tonight.
            MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

I'll see if I can find it by re watching tonight.
              Yeah, it's worth getting it to show our AD. This crap has to stop.

GFM
              Geof F. Morris
              UAH BSE MAE 2002
              UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                This crap has to stop.
                GFM
                Prob was trained at the Harry Doyle School of Public Broadcasting...

Harry Doyle: Blah, blah blah god**** Seabrook jersey...
                Monte: You can't say "god**** Seabrook jersey" on the air.
                Harry Doyle: Don't worry, nobody is listening anyway.

Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                Originally posted by geezer
                Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                Originally posted by manurespreader
                ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

I noticed him a couple times carrying a conversation with someone around him during game play. I only listened to him for half of the first period then used the Lakers audio feed. Geof they need you to do that job.
                  BLEED BLUE

Comment

Originally posted by PerkyforPrez View Post
                    I noticed him a couple times carrying a conversation with someone around him during game play. I only listened to him for half of the first period then used the Lakers audio feed. Geof they need you to do that job.
                    I did it last year and quit. I don't enjoy doing it, and I don't enjoy working with him. I did it last year for free, and I would do it this year, but they'd have to pay me something on the order of $200 a game. That's how much I don't want to do it.

GFM
                    Geof F. Morris
                    UAH BSE MAE 2002
                    UAHHockey.com

Comment

Bring forth your WCHA.tv concerns! I will mine this thread for goodness, and I'll share my own concerns, but I'd love to see any latent problems discussed. I got the league's attention, and I'll be on the phone with them on Wednesday.

GFM
                      Geof F. Morris
                      UAH BSE MAE 2002
                      UAHHockey.com

Comment

Jerky, non digital video, frozen video, repeated stops and starts, dead spots, audio not in synch and the price, what 40% more than last year.Not to mention foreign transaction fees, and refunds requested. I mean how many hockey fans request a refund, you have to be really po'ed to do that.
                        MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Echoing manurespreader. Plus the removal of the PiP from last year. LOVED the PiP

Comment

Agreed with the issues, especially to the audio out of sync. Bought the Friday night NMU at UAF game and the first half of the game was just fine. Then, the screen flickered, and the audio was then about five to six seconds AHEAD of the video. Very annoying.

Then I was told by customer service that it's a glitch with iOS 7 and Safari and offered a free game for putting up with it.

So after the game, I tried loading the replay on my computer, and the audio was sync'd just fine. Until the second period when the screen flickered and the audio went out of sync again. This time on Windows 7 with Firefox.
                            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Also. PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE toss a cookie on my iPad to allow to remain logged in. Logging in manually every time is a GIANT pain in the ***. And harass Tech for the hokey *** way we get our audio.

Comment

Just based on what I have read here, they have not picked up this customer for a game or two.

I haven't bought any games just because of all the reviews I have seen here. I will listen to Schultzie call the road games for the Beaver Radio Network. At least then I don't have to worry about any dropped video/audio then!

And for home games I can't make it to, I have Lakeland Public Television to thank for my viewing pleasure.
                                Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
                                FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                                NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
                                NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
                                NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
                                NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
                                Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
                                Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

Working...
                                X