Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WCHA TV – Questions, Comments, Complaints, etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WCHA TV – Questions, Comments, Complaints, etc.

Hopefully this thread falls to the nether reaches of the board for lack of need or use, but somehow I doubt it. But until then, thought a thread that us less than techie guys can check in on just to satisfy ourselves that it’s the feed and not us might be helpful.

So, I’m trying to sign on to Simon Fraser @ BGSU
    -Had to go to BGSU to make the connection.
    -Had a pretty clear feed as I checked out the early pre-game with empty stands and facility workers running around.
    -But then I noticed twitter said the game had started and was in progress and I was still watching the early pre-game. Ooops.
    -Refreshed and got a “will be available in 5 minutes” screen. Should have hit the “go live” button. After 5 min got a fairly poor quality feed, no sound, but I least I was watching the game.
    -Right after Simon Fraser tied it up at 1-1 got the pixelated green screen of death.
    -I closed out and signed back on, but each time I got a few seconds of the feed and then the pixelated green screen.
    -So is anybody getting a decent feed and I need to work on my connection?, or is BGSU just embarrassed that Simon Frazier tied it up in the first and pulled the plug?
    -Ok, it’s the start of the second period and I have video (fairly poor quality) but no sound.
    -Is this everybody/anybody else’s experience? Simone Fraser tied it at 2-2 and I still have video, so there goes that theory.
    -I hope it only takes a few games to get this straightened out.

Re: WCHA TV – Questions, Comments, Complaints, etc.

Well so far the quality on the MTU@LSSU and Michigan@FSU have been good, except for the video occasionally going black for about 5 seconds. I don't know if that's my computer, or at their end.

That said, I really miss the picture-in-picture from last year. I used that all the time, and with this setup, it looks like I have to have full video running in multiple tabs if I want to watch more than one game. Which doesn't look like it's going to work, since even running just two games made the video really choppy until I closed one

Edit: Now the Ferris feed is stuttering so badly that it's pretty much unwatchable for stretches.
    Last edited by AKJD; 10-04-2014, 06:55 PM.

Comment

My experience also. LSSU feed OK. The FSU feed was OK but then started stuttering.

If/when they get this figured out, are they going to have achieved video?

Comment

WCHA Men's Hockey ‏@WCHA_MHockey 5 minutes ago
        (2 of 2) For all those effected, we will be in touch individually to make good on tonight's poor quality.
        Bowling Green St. Univ. '88 SUNY Potsdam '79

Comment

Just an okay experience here. I've been kicked out a few times and had to login back in. They responded quickly saying to clear cache/cookies but it didn't help.

Originally posted by mmf View Post
          My experience also. LSSU feed OK. The FSU feed was OK but then started stuttering.

If/when they get this figured out, are they going to have achieved video?
          Yeah they responded to this as well as I couldn't find it.

At the link below it's under the Archived tab on the right. No Bowling green archive yet, last year America One was pretty quick at posting video on demand.

http://eversport.tv/ice-hockey/wcha

Comment

I have been watching some of the Tech vs. LSSU game and also the Ferris game. I have had the same problem as others with the freezing of the stream every so often. It would usually work after restarting the video.

Comment

I gotta hope that this was first-weekend jitters. I'm not a huge AmericaONE fan, but it feels so far like we're taking a step back here.

GFM
              Geof F. Morris
              UAH BSE MAE 2002
              UAHHockey.com

Comment

So glad I didn't waste my money on this internet video garbage.
                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                  I gotta hope that this was first-weekend jitters. I'm not a huge AmericaONE fan, but it feels so far like we're taking a step back here.

GFM
                  Agreed. Last year's was far superior. We kept getting kicked out of the MTU/LSSU game forcing us to log back in twice since it came back with an error message that we were already logged in. A complaint to the powers that be elicited a suggestion that we log into the Invideous site in one tab prior to opening the stream page. I can't tell you if it worked because by the time we tried it the game was over.

While it was working, the stream wasn't too bad, although it froze a couple of times (we pay for faster internet to avoid that) and the lighting was pretty poor.
                  Last edited by BGFan; 10-09-2014, 07:51 AM.

Comment

I didn't have any problems with having to log in over and over, however about twice per period, my full screen view would be minimized, the video feed would go black, then a few seconds later the video would restart and I would have to maximize the view again. I was using Chrome so maybe the browser was using the saved password feature and logging me back in without me having to do it.

Overall I would give this service 4 out of 10. From the last minute nature of announcing what was being offered, to the foreign transaction fee, to the lack of any HD feeds (UAF, FSU, LSSU I've viewed to this point) it has been less than impressive.

Ryan J
                    Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                    https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                    Originally posted by geezer
                    Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                    Originally posted by manurespreader
                    ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

I'm worried that this weekend will be another fail. My team (UAF) is playing in anchorage, and last week they never bothered to even try to stream the UAA game, so I think these hiccups may happen again. According to someone I spoke to last week, the issue with UAF's home stream was a lack of bandwidth at the venue. Hopefully they are upgrading and it won't be an issue next week when UAF and UAA are both in Fairbanks.

Comment

Is it better to go to nchc.com or go to say St Cloud site and go from there(or Colgate site ?)
                        It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Ummmmmmmmm
                          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by GoalieEd View Post
                            I'm worried that this weekend will be another fail. My team (UAF) is playing in anchorage, and last week they never bothered to even try to stream the UAA game, so I think these hiccups may happen again. According to someone I spoke to last week, the issue with UAF's home stream was a lack of bandwidth at the venue. Hopefully they are upgrading and it won't be an issue next week when UAF and UAA are both in Fairbanks.
                            That's disappointing, because the edict from the league for last season was that everyone be up to HD quality for the FoxSportsGo stuff that never came into reality.

GFM
                            Geof F. Morris
                            UAH BSE MAE 2002
                            UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                              ...everyone be up to HD quality for the FoxSportsGo stuff that never came into reality.
                              GFM
                              Sounds like Cause ---> Effect to me.
                              Ryan J
                              Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                              https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                              Originally posted by geezer
                              Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                              Originally posted by manurespreader
                              ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Working...
                              X