Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WCHA TV – Questions, Comments, Complaints, etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shirtless Guy
    replied
    Re: WCHA TV – Questions, Comments, Complaints, etc.

I didn't watch any of WCHA.tv this week since the games were on broadcast for me but in SD. I realize now just how far WCHA.tv is from HD, but I feel it certainly got better in Hougthon between the Michigan and UAA games.

Leave a comment:

• gfmorris
    replied

Mankato has some decent production from the Bethany Lutheran kids, but man, their announcers are chuckleheads.

GFM

Leave a comment:

• bigblue_dl
    replied

Originally posted by UpNorthHockey View Post
    I watched the Saturday Tech/Bemidji game on my home theater DSL and I only buffered once...very good streaming rate. I realize it was the local public TV feed, but it was WAY better done than the other WCHA broadcasts I've watched this year and last. Bemidji's camera work was much better than any other WCHA broadcast I've seen....well timed cut-aways, cameras well in sync, stabilized and color balanced, and I really liked Bemidji's announcers. I almost always endure the lag between Tech's local radio (WKMJ) and the WCHA video, but Bemidji's announcers actually knew the Tech players' names and backgrounds and called the game almost as well as Dirk. I listened to their audio for the whole game and only tuned to WKMJ for the post game show. Two big thumbs up for Bemidji's video crew and announcers.
    I watched the Saturday game on my phone. The Lakeland TV feed vis Dish Network. I won't pay for the games on the Internet, but it is really nice that Bemidji has games on actual TV.

Leave a comment:

• UpNorthHockey
    replied

I watched the Saturday Tech/Bemidji game on my home theater DSL and I only buffered once...very good streaming rate. I realize it was the local public TV feed, but it was WAY better done than the other WCHA broadcasts I've watched this year and last. Bemidji's camera work was much better than any other WCHA broadcast I've seen....well timed cut-aways, cameras well in sync, stabilized and color balanced, and I really liked Bemidji's announcers. I almost always endure the lag between Tech's local radio (WKMJ) and the WCHA video, but Bemidji's announcers actually knew the Tech players' names and backgrounds and called the game almost as well as Dirk. I listened to their audio for the whole game and only tuned to WKMJ for the post game show. Two big thumbs up for Bemidji's video crew and announcers.
    Last edited by UpNorthHockey; 11-16-2014, 08:38 PM.

Leave a comment:

• davyd83
    replied

I attempted to watch part of the Tech-Bemidji game Friday on my iPhone 5c. The picture kept freezing.

Leave a comment:

• PerkyforPrez
    replied

After the first 10 minutes I had to go back to the radio. Geof your guy seems to talk to the people around him more than call the game. Kinda like he even forget's what he's doing.

Leave a comment:

• gfmorris
    replied

I have often thought that there are millions to be made for technology that allows sync based on 10Hz signals every 30-90 seconds.

GFM

Leave a comment:

• rustedblades
    replied
    Originally posted by PerkyforPrez View Post
    I listened to the Lakers radio feed while watching but it was too out of sinc. Tonight I think we'll just listen to your man.
    For those with synching issues just stop one or the other momentarily and let the other catch up. Work for tech bemidji last night
    . May have to redo if one or the other buffers

Leave a comment:

• PerkyforPrez
    replied

I listened to the Lakers radio feed while watching but it was too out of sinc. Tonight I think we'll just listen to your man.

Leave a comment:

• gfmorris
    replied

I heard from some LSSU fans that Chris Davis was terrible. I agree: I was brought in to join the broadcast with him last year, and I essentially engineered a takeover once I heard just how awful he was. I don't enjoy doing PBP at all, but I agreed to finish out the season and us not have a terrible time of things. I feel like we went from F (terrible announcer, one-camera setup) to C- (not-quite-mediocre announcer, one-camera setup) over the course of the season.

I told them repeatedly at the end of the season that I wouldn't come back, but they assumed that I would after the people I told left the University. (That or they figured that I'm a sucker.) They functionally fired Davis at the end of last season (I tried to get him fired mid-season for being drunk and falling asleep during a game), but when I wouldn't do the broadcast this year, I guess that they defaulted to him because he was indeed available.

So for you LSSU fans — and anyone else who plays a road series in Huntsville and has to listen to this knucklehead — email william.brophy@uah.edu and express your disdain if you like. I figured out a price at which I'd come back for this season only (i.e. 4x what they're paying him; I worked for free last year), but I'm not going to just offer up my services. In any regard, you should be complaining anyway.

GFM

Leave a comment:

• stuckinwi
    replied

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
    I tried chromecasting from my tower to my big screen, really choppy, much better HDMI straight to tv from my laptop.
    That's what I found with my laptop with AirParrot as well to my AppleTV. But the iPad to AppleTV has been great.

Leave a comment:

• aparch
    replied

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
    I tried chromecasting from my tower to my big screen, really choppy, much better HDMI straight to tv from my laptop.
    I don't have a fast enough computer to stream it via HDMI, so iPad->AppleTV is my best option. It's been very smooth with no issues tonight.

Leave a comment:

• Shirtless Guy
    replied

Originally posted by aparch View Post
    Giving the WCHA.tv a go tonight. Airplaying the NMU/FSU game to my AppleTV via iPad. May swing around the league to other games during intermission. Quality isn't HD (maybe it's over compressed?), but it's certainly better than years ago on America One.

I'm just glad that airplay works. Last year was a disaster when I tried to Airplay one of the NMU/MTU games.

Leave a comment:

• aparch
    replied

Giving the WCHA.tv a go tonight. Airplaying the NMU/FSU game to my AppleTV via iPad. May swing around the league to other games during intermission. Quality isn't HD (maybe it's over compressed?), but it's certainly better than years ago on America One.

I'm just glad that airplay works. Last year was a disaster when I tried to Airplay one of the NMU/MTU games.

Leave a comment:

• gfmorris
    replied

I am pretty sure that the UAH-AF problems were due to a computer in the arena. They were pulling a board feed on the broadcast (you could hear the announcers talk between segments while their radio station was at break), and there was a strong bad-ground hum going on. The Zoomies' feed was definitely not coming out in HD. Neither was Tech-Anchorage, but it looked pretty good and had good sync for the half-period I watched before getting ready for our game.

GFM

Leave a comment:

Working...
X