Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: University of North Dakota 2014-2015 Season Thread

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
    I wouldn't compute the lack of discussion of the game on this thread to any sort of underestimation of BU. If you got through the entire thread, I doubt there will be much discussion of any particular game in the entire season...my guess is most of the fans leave those discussions for the siouxsports.com forum.

Also, is there a thread where BU fans are talking about the game? Or are they underestimating North Dakota?
    ^ Exactly this. UND season threads on USCHO aren't used as much as they have been in past years. It's all largely done at SiouxSports nowadays.

@DoubleA: North Dakota isn't the same team that BU beat and tied last year either. Trying to make something out of nothing? I really don't know what to expect on Thursday. Beginning to get a little anxious/nervous for Thursday though.

Comment

All you Fighting Sioux Fans, Welcome to Boston and Good Luck in the Frozen Four! NoDak fans are a pretty fun and gregarious crowd, and certainly know their hockey. We met many of you at T's Pub next to B.U. back in Nov 2013. Thanks for the beers. Don't miss The North End. It'll be packed this weekend but find a meal there. It's the best and most unique part of the city IMHO. Most of all, have fun.

Comment

Thought this might interest North Dakota fan:

http://www.omaha.com/uno/q-a-with-no...1287f5d0c.html

Comment

Twin Cities folks: Is there anywhere in Dinkytown where they'd be showing the ND/BU game? BU has a thing set up in St Louis Park I think, but I have to be in Dinkytown for a work thing. It'd sure be nice to have somewhere close to catch the game. Thanks for any help.
          Bugs Bunny - 96
          Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

Originally posted by DaveStPaul View Post
            Twin Cities folks: Is there anywhere in Dinkytown where they'd be showing the ND/BU game?
            I would certainly hope not.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
              I would certainly hope not.
              Ha! Like the old bit: Who are you rooting for (in that game between 2 teams you hate)? I'm rooting for the roof to collapse.
              Bugs Bunny - 96
              Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

BWW would probably have it on or put it on a TV for you. Maybe a 10 minute walk from Dinkytown but worth it as there will probably be talent walking around.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
                  BWW would probably have it on or put it on a TV for you. Maybe a 10 minute walk from Dinkytown but worth it as there will probably be talent walking around.
                  Oh right, across from the football stadium. Thanks.
                  Bugs Bunny - 96
                  Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

Good grief, is hakstol the best final 8 coach and worst frozen four coach ever??? How many chances does he need to close the deal?

Comment

Originally posted by Pablo View Post
                      Good grief, is hakstol the best final 8 coach and worst frozen four coach ever??? How many chances does he need to close the deal?
                      Who knows. The teams under him just can't get over that !@#$ing hump. Just don't get it. UND dictated large stretches of the game. Missed scoring opportunities, Zane letting in two softies, and BU scoring timely goals that killed UND's momentum. Don't know what else to say.

Comment

I believe only Len Ceglarski has more Frozen Four appearances as a coach without winning.

That being said, I thought Hakstol had the boys ready. From about 10 minutes in until the end, I thought North Dakota outplayed BU. Unfortunately, McIntyre really struggled tonight. Couple that with BU taking advantage of their chances, and it equals a loss.

Of course, beating BU in Boston was always going to be difficult. Now is the part of the year that sucks...waiting to see who leaves early. Sioux have a pretty good class coming in next season, so I'm sure they will be in the mix again next season...hopefully with a better end result.
                        North Dakota
                        National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                          I believe only Len Ceglarski has more Frozen Four appearances as a coach without winning.

That being said, I thought Hakstol had the boys ready. From about 10 minutes in until the end, I thought North Dakota outplayed BU. Unfortunately, McIntyre really struggled tonight. Couple that with BU taking advantage of their chances, and it equals a loss.

Of course, beating BU in Boston was always going to be difficult. Now is the part of the year that sucks...waiting to see who leaves early. Sioux have a pretty good class coming in next season, so I'm sure they will be in the mix again next season...hopefully with a better end result.
                          It is a hard pill to swallow when your Hobey candidate plays like Zane did tonite. We needed him to just pretty much do what he is capable of doing. I will ask him tomorrow if he is leaving early.
                          Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

Originally posted by Siouxfaninseattle View Post
                            It is a hard pill to swallow when your Hobey candidate plays like Zane did tonite. We needed him to just pretty much do what he is capable of doing. I will ask him tomorrow if he is leaving early.
                            Yeah. I feel bad for Zane. Great season, and then plays arguably his worst game of the season tonight. Obviously, BU had a lot to do with that, but I have to imagine that average Zane stops the 2nd and 3rd goals, and maybe even the 4th.

This loss reminded me a LOT of the 2006 loss. Got behind early, came back strong and looked like we might just win it...only to get further behind...then make a charge in the final few minutes...only to have an empty netter seal the fate. The key in both games is that we never tied it up.
                            North Dakota
                            National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by DaveStPaul View Post
                              Twin Cities folks: Is there anywhere in Dinkytown where they'd be showing the ND/BU game? BU has a thing set up in St Louis Park I think, but I have to be in Dinkytown for a work thing. It'd sure be nice to have somewhere close to catch the game. Thanks for any help.
                              Wish I would have seen this earlier. Would have told you to head to Old Chicago Plymouth. They know me from NFL season, and always give me a TV. Had it on there.
                              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Have no comment about Hakstol. I can only tell you that IMO BU is the best team in the country and I don't think that the coach could have done much. I have seen most of their games for 50 years and all of them this year. They have tremendous talent, certainly more than anyone else in this tournament. ND is gritty, scappy, hard-nosed and never gives up. They get pucks to the net, fight in the corners...in short, they play old style NHL hockey. In the 50s that would beat the smaller Eastern teams. It doesn't any more. If you noticed, Providence and BU were far bigger than either NCHC team tonight. And when you throw in BU's talent, there's not a lot he could have done. This was pretty inevitable...I think they're the best team in the country and I don't think it's really close. If they don't gift-wrap a goal when the game is over at 4-1 this thing was never in doubt. I say that because I have seen this team all year...when you step up EVERY TIME you have to all year, it's not "puck luck" or anything else. It's great talent asserting itself. I know that he is under fire and I am not defending him; I just think that blaming him solely takes the credit from a great BU team.

Comment

Working...
                                X