X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: University of North Dakota 2014-2015 Season Thread

Originally posted by icehawk View Post
    It would be of epic proportions
    I don't know why... any Sioux fan I know realizes this isn't one of the top talent teams like we've had in the past. I think the season we've had has been a wonderful surprise. The fact that we are still in it is pretty cool but all the teams in the frozen four have a chance. I am just happy we still have a chance.

Comment

There's a loud minority out there screaming for on campus regionals.... until:

1. Their team has to play AT a Michigan, AT a BC, AT a Minny, etc. Then the idea sucks, eh?
      2. The home team loses the opener. Then you're back to an empty arena for the final.

Why not just have the Frozen Four with the four #1 seeds? Everyone else stay home.

I'm guessing some folks think Fargo would have been a jamb packed arena for the final had UND lost the first round? LOL.
      Folks... if your team ain't in it, you're staying home. That's the college hockey fan base. Simple truth.
      'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Fargo would have definitely been packed even if they lost the first game kind of like how there was more UND fans at the NCHC tourney championship game then any of the fans of the teams that made it. And I would be that way in any of the Minnesota arenas too because we are hockey fans up here no matter who's playing.. That argument is only good for Boston arenas and west coast arenas cause they are fair weather fans.

Comment

Originally posted by willythekid View Post
          I don't know why... any Sioux fan I know realizes this isn't one of the top talent teams like we've had in the past. I think the season we've had has been a wonderful surprise. The fact that we are still in it is pretty cool but all the teams in the frozen four have a chance. I am just happy we still have a chance.
          That's because you aren't insane. Even if Haktol beats Blais for the NC some of the idiots on SS will say "well Hakstol only won because he had more talent. Switch the coaches around and Blais wins with UND by 135 goals."
          Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
          when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
          Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Good luck on Thursday, my friends. If we can't be there, I'm usually pulling for the Sioux, ooops NoDak. I just always envy how that ****ing school never rebuilds, just reloads. Re-****ing-markable.
            "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by Sioux-perDrunk View Post
              Fargo would have definitely been packed even if they lost the first game kind of like how there was more UND fans at the NCHC tourney championship game then any of the fans of the teams that made it. And I would be that way in any of the Minnesota arenas too because we are hockey fans up here no matter who's playing.. That argument is only good for Boston arenas and west coast arenas cause they are fair weather fans.
              Oh.
              Facts
              'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                Oh.
                Facts
                Why are you so grumpy that UND fans go to games? Strange.
                Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                  Why are you so grumpy that UND fans go to games? Strange.
                  Haha, I'm not. think it's great you guys filled Fargo. I'm grumpy that anyone thinks it's a good idea to host a regional in a 2000-3000 seat arena. That can happen at some Hockey East and many of the ECAC schools.

I could care less where my team travels to. We have a history of putting a smack down on the Sue wherever the venue.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                    Oh.
                    Facts
                    FACTS! (bc doesn't appear to be IN boston )
                    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Goon View Post
                      Sioux Sports would meltdown.
                      Why?
                      No more slow starts to the season; we got over that hurdle. Now, Get it on!!! GO UND!!!

New nick is coming up. I recommend Spirithawks.

Character is what a person is; reputation is what he is supposed to be. (Abbott)

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                        That's because you aren't insane. Even if Haktol beats Blais for the NC some of the idiots on SS will say "well Hakstol only won because he had more talent. Switch the coaches around and Blais wins with UND by 135 goals."
                        It's Frozen Four Week. I'm happy The Sioux are in it. I live here but have no dog in the fight. That said, I'm Hockey East loyal. I'll be at every game. The amount of traffic on this thread about UNO, Dean Blais, the Regionals, WHL, a 15 yr old Shattuck kid committing to NoDak etc. is mind blowing.

You guys are playing B.U. Thursday. No discussion/no chatter about how that might go...really? Rodrigues-Eichel-O'Reagan (67 goals total) is a brutal first line. Also a guy on the 2nd line (Oksanen) with 24-11-35 and a D-man (Grzelcyk) with 10-27-37. B.U. hasn't lost a game since 2/27. I'm not a B.U. fan but don't underestimate Thursday's challenge. They are loaded. Get focused for Thursday and Good Luck! Let's see a great game.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleA View Post
                          It's Frozen Four Week. I'm happy The Sioux are in it. I live here but have no dog in the fight. That said, I'm Hockey East loyal. I'll be at every game. The amount of traffic on this thread about UNO, Dean Blais, the Regionals, WHL, a 15 yr old Shattuck kid committing to NoDak etc. is mind blowing.

You guys are playing B.U. Thursday. No discussion/no chatter about how that might go...really? Rodrigues-Eichel-O'Reagan (67 goals total) is a brutal first line. Also a guy on the 2nd line (Oksanen) with 24-11-35 and a D-man (Grzelcyk) with 10-27-37. B.U. hasn't lost a game since 2/27. I'm not a B.U. fan but don't underestimate Thursday's challenge. They are loaded. Get focused for Thursday and Good Luck! Let's see a great game.
                          I wouldn't compute the lack of discussion of the game on this thread to any sort of underestimation of BU. If you got through the entire thread, I doubt there will be much discussion of any particular game in the entire season...my guess is most of the fans leave those discussions for the siouxsports.com forum.

Also, is there a thread where BU fans are talking about the game? Or are they underestimating North Dakota?
                          North Dakota
                          National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleA View Post

Oh oh. You broke the no-hockey-talk-til-two-days-before rule. Are you from Montana or somewhere like that?

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                              Oh oh. You broke the no-hockey-talk-til-two-days-before rule. Are you from Montana or somewhere like that?
                              Just sayin' this isn't the same BU team NoDak lost to and tied last time they played (Nov 2013 at Agganis). I sense Thursday will be a dog fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by DoubleA View Post
                                Just sayin' this isn't the same BU team NoDak lost to and tied last time they played (Nov 2013 at Agganis). I sense Thursday will be a dog fight.
                                Has anybody said that it is? I think you're trying to make a straw man here.
                                North Dakota
                                National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Working...
                                X