University of North Dakota 2014-2015 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: University of North Dakota 2014-2015 Season Thread

UND takes the #1 spot in the Polls with a non-conference weekend match against Lake Superior State at home while trailing Miami by 2 points in the NCHC standings and Michigan Tech is still wearing duct tape as a color.
    "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
    Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
    The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
    Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

UND number two in my weekly ranking: http://q30television.com/2014/12/01/...ey-poll-12114/
      Quinnipiac University '15
      ECAC Regular Season Champs: 2013, 2015, 2016
      ECAC Championship: 2016
      NCAA Tournament: 2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
      NCAA Frozen Four: 2013, 2016
      Yuck Fale : 2013

Comment

Go away injury Ninja...
        Contributing Editor and College Hockey Writer at Inside Hockey
        Eric's Twitter
        The Sin Bin The Sports Daily

Comment

Originally posted by Goon View Post
          No question it's been a steady stream of injuries during the first half.

But I also think we've been a bit lucky. Thus far none of the injuries have been long term. 2-4 games and most of the players have come back with no apparent side effects.

Second, UND's schedule thus far has been pretty easy. The tough games have been at home. The road games have been against teams that appear to be truly awful this year.

But that said, I'm a little worried, even though we are heading for the holiday break. The DU series will be tough. They are really taking advantage of their power play opportunities, and Stecher, Chyzyk and St. Clair log a ton of penalty kill time for UND.

Second, it has always seemed that by the time UND hits January the team is starting to develop some line chemistry from the first half of the season. But this year Hak has had to do a lot of mixing and matching from game to game, so it will be interesting to see if this results in any delay in the team playing more consistently in the second half.
          That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

But I also think we've been a bit lucky. Thus far none of the injuries have been long term. 2-4 games and most of the players have come back with no apparent side effects.

Second, UND's schedule thus far has been pretty easy. The tough games have been at home. The road games have been against teams that appear to be truly awful this year.

But that said, I'm a little worried, even though we are heading for the holiday break. The DU series will be tough. They are really taking advantage of their power play opportunities, and Stecher, Chyzyk and St. Clair log a ton of penalty kill time for UND.

Second, it has always seemed that by the time UND hits January the team is starting to develop some line chemistry from the first half of the season. But this year Hak has had to do a lot of mixing and matching from game to game, so it will be interesting to see if this results in any delay in the team playing more consistently in the second half.
            I would say that I agree with what you have to say. I think this season UND's adversity has actually made them stronger and this years team is a year older and coming off a Frozen Four appearance. IRC, Bryn skated in practice last week. At least I remember seeing him on the ice for practice last week. I hoping he returns this week.
            Last edited by Goon; 12-09-2014, 02:35 PM.
            Eric's Twitter

Comment

UND vs. DU, a Series Preview
              Eric's Twitter

Comment

Info on recruits. One gone, two on board.

http://ndgoon.blogspot.com/2015/01/u...n%27s+World%29

http://ndgoon.blogspot.com/2015/01/u...n%27s+World%29
                Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

I am excited about the new European goalie. This seems like a very good pickup.
                  Eric's Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

But I also think we've been a bit lucky. Thus far none of the injuries have been long term. .
                    Sounds like Stecher is still 6-8 weeks from playing. According to Hakstol at the Wednesday presser.
                    Eric's Twitter

Comment

• Re: University of North Dakota 2014-2015 Season Thread

Awesome recruits... especially Tomek. Who knows what other schools were on his radar? I would have to think most any school would have jumped at bringing in a goalie of this skill-set and size. A couple of Omaha fans were crying about NoDak landing him on twitter...

Comment

Greetings! I have posted my pictures from the Friday night UND @ DU game on my website. You can access them by clicking HERE. Feel free to leave comments/constructive criticism or contact me through my site.
                        DU Pioneer Hockey. National Champions: 1958, 1960, 1961, 1968, 1969, 2004, 2005
                        sigpic
                        WCHA arenas I have visited: Magness, Kohl, Sullivan, National Hockey Center, DECC, Cleveland Steamer World Arena (CSWA)

Thanks for your friendship Jimbo!!!

Comment

Max Gerlach commits... the rich getting richer.

Comment

Originally posted by willythekid View Post
                            Max Gerlach commits... the rich getting richer.
                            Last year looked like a rebuilding year and the team went to the FF. The next couple of years look like reloading years.

Comment

Will someone **** in an elevator or throw a lawnmower, this thread was on page 3!
                              "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
                              Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
                              The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
                              Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

Originally posted by cross cheque View Post
                                Will someone **** in an elevator or throw a lawnmower, this thread was on page 3!
                                Be careful what you wish for!

Comment

Working...
                                X