Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: University of North Dakota 2014-2015 Season Thread

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
    What does this have to do with public relations? He shouldn't say what he wants on twitter because...?
    It was a joke, nothing more. His twitter account turned into a car wreck, something that most P.R. guys probably try to avoid.

Moving on, "Burn the Ships." I love it. Now there is a t-shirt that needs to be made. http://undhockey.areavoices.com/
    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
      It was a joke, nothing more. His twitter account turned into a car wreck, something that most P.R. guys probably try to avoid.

Moving on, "Burn the Ships." I love it. Now there is a t-shirt that needs to be made. http://undhockey.areavoices.com/
      It's a great article. Maybe what's-his-face needs to read it.
      Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

Originally posted by MplsSioux View Post
        But I suppose that wouldn't fit the narrative that we're all drunk a**holes that Eidelbes prefers to pigeon hole us as.
        What, really, is wrong with being a drunk azzhole? Embrace azzholeness: this is hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by MplsSioux View Post
          He is taking a few bad experiences(probably twitter battles) he had with UND fans and projecting them to the entire fanbase. How is there a lot of truth in his argument?

I noticed many fans asked him legitimate questions throughout his rant, yet he didn't retweet or respond to any of them. I'd be surprised if he has actually engaged UND fans in actual conversation.

I notice people like to paint UND fans with a broad brush yet when they try to actually talk to us(like face-to-face in real life) they are surprised we aren't all like a few moronic twitter bobos. I've had some great hockey conversations with UMD(favorite hockey fans I've met so far), BSU, SCSU, CC fans etc.(notice I didn't add UMN? )

But I suppose that wouldn't fit the narrative that we're all drunk a**holes that Eidelbes prefers to pigeon hole us as.
          I have found UND fans to be mostly a great bunch (as hockey fans are). But UND has a higher ratio fans who will swear (verbally or using sign language ) at other fans for cheering for the opposing team. It's a higher ratio than any other team that I've experienced. More than UMTC and Wisconsin. It's like cheering for your team is a personal insult to their fandom. That's the part of truth to it to me.
          tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
            I have found UND fans to be mostly a great bunch (as hockey fans are). But UND has a higher ratio fans who will swear (verbally or using sign language ) at other fans for cheering for the opposing team. It's a higher ratio than any other team that I've experienced. More than UMTC and Wisconsin. It's like cheering for your team is a personal insult to their fandom. That's the part of truth to it to me.
            Yeah? Well $%^& you, you ^&#*@$(@!(# ^&#*@*@. And while you're at it you can &*(@ right up your &*#*@ you @*#*!(#.
            Last edited by Dirty; 03-05-2015, 09:03 PM.
            Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
            when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
            Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Now that was a fun game to watch! It was a good test for UND to see if they could win without Macmillan against a top five team and they can! I don't really like the defensive game they play when they get the lead but they play it well. Getting the Penrose cup against the high caliber teams in the NCHC is an incredible feat! Can't wait for the NCAA tournament to start and see what this team can do!

Comment

Game notes for this weekend:

http://www.undsports.com/ViewArticle...CLID=209954204
                Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

I see no reason why UND can't sweep this weekend.
                  Contributing Editor and College Hockey Writer at Inside Hockey
                  Eric's Twitter
                  The Sin Bin The Sports Daily

Comment

Nice article on Toews.

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/blac...t-north-dakota
                    It Happened!!!!

Comment

Is there not a webcast for this game?

Comment

Originally posted by omahasioux1 View Post
                        Is there not a webcast for this game?
                        It's on ESPN3

UND Looks to Knockout Bobcats

Montgomery, 'the Quality of the League; It's High-End'

NCHC Hockey: Super Conference or down Year?
                        Last edited by Goon; 03-26-2015, 10:37 PM.
                        Contributing Editor and College Hockey Writer at Inside Hockey
                        Eric's Twitter
                        The Sin Bin The Sports Daily

Comment

Thanks, that was two weeks ago.

Comment

For those of you who get to be a part of the atmosphere in Fargo the next two days, enjoy it!
                            AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Hey Fighting Sioux:

Last year in Philadelphia your huge fan base were cheering their guts out for us when we faced off against BC and then later when we faced off against Minnesota. The whole building was shaking every time we scored a goal against either team. You had more fans show up at the Wells Fargo Center than our entire student population!!! It was a sea of green. And your cheerleaders were absolutely beautiful. If we had cheerleaders like that we would not need hockey to fill our rink.

I will be in Boston Cheering my guts out for you .... just want to return the favor.

The Providence Coach is a former Union/Harvard Coach so if there is a matchup, I will still be cheering for you, but perhaps not quite as loud.
                              Last edited by Dutchman; 04-05-2015, 04:16 PM.
                              DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                              DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
                                Hey Fighting Sioux:

Last year in Philadelphia your huge fan base where cheering their guts out for us when we faced off against BC and then later when we faced off against Minnesota. The whole building was shaking every time we scored a goal against either team. You had more fans show up at the Wells Fargo Center than our entire student population!!! It was a sea of green. And your cheerleaders were absolutely beautiful. If we had cheerleaders like that we would not need hockey to fill our rink.

I will be in Boston Cheering my guts out for you .... just want to return the favor.

The Providence Coach is a former Union/Harvard Coach so if there is a matchup, I will still be cheering for you, but perhaps not quite as loud.
                                Thanks. It would be nice if the Sioux could dominate like Union did last year. When your team clobbers the Gophers like you guys did last year, you get a lifetime membership to the Good Buddy club.

Comment

Working...
                                X