This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Hockey 2014-2015: Dedicated to Rich Curadi

Ed Weaver article about “Looooooou” and “Dreeeeeew.” http://www.troyrecord.com/sports/201...-fan-favorites
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
      The freshmen have done a pretty good job on defense, but how much better could we be with Bradley and Curadi? Maybe it would loosen up some of the offense if they could depend on those two solid defensemen.
      Last week, we lost with them in the lineup, and won without them. Not much more to be said.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
        Last week, we lost with them in the lineup, and won without them. Not much more to be said.
        That's not entirely true; Bradley was out all weekend.
        RPI Pep Band
        GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
        🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
        2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
        2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

• Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
          You're joking, right? Surely, you jest or troll?
          Hockey is serious business. Everything else is just a game.

RPI Hockey, Syracuse Football, New York Rangers, New York Giants.

Comment

Question on disallowed goal in the first period of the Princeton game: Since Robinson (PU) checked Hampton into the net which caused it to be dislodged, was that the basis for the disallowance of the apparent Princeton goal? Did anyone get an explanation?
            "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts" - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Comment

• Originally posted by DeepRed72 View Post
              Question on disallowed goal in the first period of the Princeton game: Since Robinson (PU) checked Hampton into the net which caused it to be dislodged, was that the basis for the disallowance of the apparent Princeton goal? Did anyone get an explanation?
              That's definitely what I saw.
              Hockey is serious business. Everything else is just a game.

RPI Hockey, Syracuse Football, New York Rangers, New York Giants.

Comment

2 solid efforts in a row. Still a couple miscues defensively but they seemed to have their skating legs tonight and some chemistry is starting to form between some of the lines. Melanson's rush late in the game was impressive and Lou Nanne is going to be a good one. Lets keep it going tomorrow against a team that always gives us trouble.
                Last edited by DavidSec17; 11-14-2014, 09:09 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by DeepRed72 View Post
                  It was announced on the PA that the goal was disallowed due to the net being dislodged. The rules allow for a goal to count with a dislodged net caused by the defending team, provided that the puck would have crossed the line if the net were still in place.

It seemed pretty apparent that the puck would've still gone in had the net not gotten knocked off, which tells me that the refs overturned the goal because Princeton ultimately caused the net to become dislodged. Still a bit confusing, though, since the ensuing faceoff stayed in the zone.

Comment

Ed Weaver's article about Friday's game http://www.troyrecord.com/sports/201...past-princeton
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Rarely do I not feel great after we win but last night was one of those cases. Our forwards were quick and made some great passes and we had lots great chances. Every time the MNM line hits the ice something seems to happen. Hard to criticize a defense that only allowed one goal, but it becomes more apparent each game that the decision making process of some of the defense is just too slow. They delay just that extra second or two and the forecheck is in on them and the puck ends up staying in our zone instead of being pushed out. We were fortunate that Princeton is not the potent forechecking team of previous years. If our defense delays moving the puck out quickly tonight, Quinnipiac will make us pay dearly. For the first time in years, we have so much speed up front that the job of our defense becomes simplified-get the darn puck out to them and let them go. Hitting them in stride and very few defensemen can get back fast enough to prevent creating chances for us. We are still missing the net too often with shots, but this team is at least moving up the ice fast enough that other teams actually have to worry about getting back more than I have seen in several years.
                      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

While there was a lot to correct after last nights game, it was a win. And we gained some experience for a very inexperienced defensive corps. Three rookies and Hampton who hasn't seen much ice in his tenure at RPI.
                        I like the fact that we can win a game when we are not at our best. For years I have watched RPI lose games against teams that they were supposed to beat, last night, we won a game that we should have won..
                        The more I see this team, the more I like it. I can only hope that we can continue to improve as the season goes on. No matter what happens tonight, we have a long road trip ahead. Then we will find out what we are really made of.
                        Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                        Benjamin Franklin
                        The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                        Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by ibanezist00 View Post
                          You're joking, right? Surely, you jest or troll?
                          no, it's his version of reverse psychology playing to the ice hockey spirits. He is trying to trick the ice hockey spirits by complaining vociferously about every perceived flaw no matter how minute, secretly thinking that, the more he whines and moans, the more good luck they will bestow on us. If I were superstitious, I'd encourage him to be as negative at great length and detail as he could possibly be.

Hey, maybe we can even get him to start a thread demanding that RPI fire AD&MGC!
                          "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by uncledave View Post
                            Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeasy, buddy. No disrespect intended. Just using the Huskies as an EXAMPLE of teams that have been down for a while who are now getting their time in the sunshine. I can remember, within my 25 years of RPI season ticketship seeing HORRIBLE teams from BC, Cornell, Lowell and others who are now in the TOP20. Further, RPI has recently received Tournament invitations, including this year, that set THEM up as the cupcake; that first round opponent matched against the home team so that the home team gets to the tournament final. Nextly, comparing MTU to RPI/RIT/CLARKSON in a national championship sense is really just comparing RPI vs MTU, since the other 2 have not won one. Still, MAKING the FrozinalFour(TM) is pretty sweet and if a small, kinda-new-to-D1hockey program can get there (RIT,Bemidji), why DON'T programs like MTU and RPI, both of whom have been playing forever. As for Clarkson, well, you're right.............they just s#*k. I sincerely hope your UP'ers take the overlords down a peg or two, in the name of Tony Esposito. It always makes me glad to see an underdog get to the top.
                            No disrespect intended to you either, since I'm sure you're a dedicated RPI fan, ut maybe not of college hockey. Just a piece of advice, if you're making an argument about the national college hockey scene, but calling it the FROZENAL four, your credibility will go out the window.
                            Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by JCrawford View Post
                              It was announced on the PA that the goal was disallowed due to the net being dislodged. The rules allow for a goal to count with a dislodged net caused by the defending team, provided that the puck would have crossed the line if the net were still in place.

It seemed pretty apparent that the puck would've still gone in had the net not gotten knocked off, which tells me that the refs overturned the goal because Princeton ultimately caused the net to become dislodged. Still a bit confusing, though, since the ensuing faceoff stayed in the zone.
                              Sadly, no on demand video yet, and I'm not sure why Youtube doesn't simply keep the live streams active. However, from what I saw, there wasn't any Princeton interference at all.

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
                                No disrespect intended to you either, since I'm sure you're a dedicated RPI fan, ut maybe not of college hockey. Just a piece of advice, if you're making an argument about the national college hockey scene, but calling it the FROZENAL four, your credibility will go out the window.
                                Too busy proofreading my posts and inventing snappy, sardonic, anti-NCAA contractions to know THAT much about college hockey, I guess. With people that know me, though, my credibility is nowhere near ANY window. And it's FrozinalFour!

Comment

Working...
                                X