Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hammer
    replied
    Re: Ferris State University 2014-15......

It's 3-0 as I type this, and not in our favor. We haven't scored 3 goals in what seems like about 4 months, so we're probably dead.

Thank you, CJ Motte, for your excellent 4 years between the pipes, whether it was by backing up Taylor Nelson, or carrying this team on your back to the WCHA title and an NCAA quarterfinal run last year. You were flat-out tremendous. Thank you to the rest of the seniors for your contributions as well. Hopefully you finish your degrees, and I wish you all the best of luck.

As for the rest of you....if you don't want to lose 20 games again, you'd better get the rags out of your asses and find some ****ed goal scoring. That was embarrassing this year, to throw away goaltending of that caliber on a regular basis. Whether Charles Williams is the answer in net next season remains to be seen (and given Coach Daniels' history with goaltenders the past decade or so, I trust his judgement), but it's going to be tough to match Motte's play, which is the main reason this team managed to win 18 games. If we can only manage 88 goals next year, we're not going to like how that one ends, either.

There are 59 teams playing D-1 hockey. We were 45th this year in scoring offense. We were 7th best in scoring defense entering tonight's game.

Injuries or not, this team should have been a top-4 team in the WCHA. Instead there should be very much disappointment in that locker room this evening. This was a wasted opportunity.
    Last edited by Hammer; 03-20-2015, 09:53 PM.

Leave a comment:

• gfmorris
    replied

Way to take the Beavs down!

GFM

Leave a comment:

• Andrew J Carter
    replied

Congrats Ferris. It's midnight and I just got back from the game. I thought my Beavers would rebound soundly tonight, but didn't happen. I've seen Mankato, UND, SCSU, etc and Ferris is playing as well as anyone. BSU was the hot team, but Ferris may have the torch now. Good luck against (I presume, Mankato).

Leave a comment:

• hattrick16
    replied

Wahoo! Clicking at the right time. That defense and the man between the pipes are playing their game.

Leave a comment:

• gfmorris
    replied

Good job, Ferris!

GFM

Leave a comment:

• true2BSU
    replied
    We sit right behind the glass and looked like he was questioning the helmet strap and Motte said something then the ref started in with the "don't get lippy young'un " with verbally creative emphasis. Motte either was missing a strap or wasn't secured to their satisfaction.

Leave a comment:

• hattrick16
    replied

Originally posted by true2BSU View Post
    Good win. We looked terrible. From my seat the most entertaining moment was the ref bawling out Motte. Lots of f bombs. Solid performance, we had nothing to challenge you tonight.
    Was that over his helmet popping off in the first? They showed it on TV. Looked so bizarre.

Leave a comment:

• Andrew J Carter
    replied

Tough night for my Beavers. FSU did what they needed to. Great goal tending, good D and good passing. Congrats.

Leave a comment:

• true2BSU
    replied
    Good win. We looked terrible. From my seat the most entertaining moment was the ref bawling out Motte. Lots of f bombs. Solid performance, we had nothing to challenge you tonight.

Leave a comment:

• hattrick16
    replied

Great win! Solid on the back end and got the lucky bounces. Let's go to St. Paul!

Leave a comment:

• Le_Coq_Grande
    replied

Coming off a road sweep of a surprisingly decent AHU team, the bulldogs need to beat BSU!!!! BSU has been pretty good in the games that I have seen this year, but I think with the bulldogs senior weekend, and CJ in net, they are going to win, and stay in the hunt for home ice!!!! The Dawgs need to get out there and pound some beaver!!!!

Leave a comment:

• beaverhockeyfan
    replied

Is it Friday yet????

Leave a comment:

• gfmorris
    replied

Hey gang: Are any of you coming to Huntsville? I am pulling together ideas for a Saturday social over lunch and would like to get a guesstimate on how many Bulldog fans will be in town.

GFM

Leave a comment:

• Bill
    replied

Originally posted by Le_Coq_Grande View Post
    Our back up goalie has been out all year. He is going to be legit! He will have two years left since he took the medical redshirt! So in net we will be good for a couple more years. I don't know who we have coming in to score goals!!
    Corey Mackin is leading the BCHL in scoring at this point in the season, both in goals and total points. He has 37 G and 29 A for 66 points in 39 games. Sounds like a pretty good pick up for you guys.
    Last edited by Bill; 01-08-2015, 08:58 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Hammer
    replied
    Originally posted by Le_Coq_Grande View Post
    Our back up goalie has been out all year. He is going to be legit! He will have two years left since he took the medical redshirt! So in net we will be good for a couple more years. I don't know who we have coming in to score goals!!
    I wondered what was going on with him.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X