X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Koho View Post
    Did Wilcox play the whole game?
    Only first period. Coyne and Lehr played the second and third.
    @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
    On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
    High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

Re: Minnesota Gophers Season Thread: 2014-2015

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
      Only first period. Coyne and Lehr played the second and third.
      Did they get tested at all?

Comment

I did not see the game so I can't comment how difficult their saves were, but it has to be good for their confidence that Coyne and Lehr stopped all five and seven shots they faced in the 2nd and 3rd periods respectively.
        Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
          I did not see the game so I can't comment how difficult their saves were, but it has to be good for their confidence that Coyne and Lehr stopped all five and seven shots they faced in the 2nd and 3rd periods respectively.
          My takeaway is that Coyne playing the second period means he's now the backup or there is at least a battle for the spot. Doesn't say much for Lehr, and with the minutes Wilcox gets he should either be in the Hobey discussion or we won't have the record we're hoping for around the end of the regular season.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
            My takeaway is that Coyne playing the second period means he's now the backup or there is at least a battle for the spot. Doesn't say much for Lehr, and with the minutes Wilcox gets he should either be in the Hobey discussion or we won't have the record we're hoping for around the end of the regular season.
            How did Bristedt look?

Comment

How did Bristedt look?
              From Jason's column today:
              "Freshman Leon Bristedt got extra time with different line combinations to make up for future missed ice time. Bristedt will miss the opening weekend fulfilling an NCAA penalty associated with his participation with his junior hockey team in Sweden. Rau thought Bristedt looked sharp in his debut."

Comment

From Jason's column today:
                "Freshman Leon Bristedt got extra time with different line combinations to make up for future missed ice time. Bristedt will miss the opening weekend fulfilling an NCAA penalty associated with his participation with his junior hockey team in Sweden. Rau thought Bristedt looked sharp in his debut."
                I would agree. I went to the game and was looking for Bristedt the whole game. The first couple of shifts, he was somewhat tentative. Then he seemed to move around and by the last shift of the period he was flying.

My guess is that he'll be better than 80% of typical freshman forwards. Based on his prior performance, I'd say he has the potential to match Kloos...and in his first game, he didn't dispel that. Rau had the scoring touch, but I'd say Kloos was the best skater on the ice. Glover looked pretty good, I didn't notice Collins.
                Last edited by 5mn_Major; 10-06-2014, 08:19 AM.
                Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                  I didn't notice Collins.
                  This could be exactly what we need.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
                    This could be exactly what we need.
                    Go Gophers!

Comment

Thoughts about how the team looked from anyone who was there or watched the stream? To be honest I thought they would win by more than five.
                      They easily could have. There were several pipes and the Ooks goalie made some big stops.

Comment

Thanks for the updates from those who were there!

So what is the deal for this weekend? I'm too lazy to look, are there any pay options available to catch these games? I'm usually not about paying to watch games online, but it's Gopher Hockey season, darn-it.....I got the itch!
                        "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
                          Thanks for the updates from those who were there!

So what is the deal for this weekend? I'm too lazy to look, are there any pay options available to catch these games? I'm usually not about paying to watch games online, but it's Gopher Hockey season, darn-it.....I got the itch!
                          It appears that not even an internet stream is available. Hope I'm wrong and something pops up at the last second. Otherwise it's Gametracker.

Comment

It appears that not even an internet stream is available. Hope I'm wrong and something pops up at the last second. Otherwise it's Gametracker.
                            If the Gophers end up playing Notre Dame, the game will be streamed on NBCSN, but I don't believe there are any streaming options for the UMN vs UMD game.
                            @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
                            On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
                            High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

Wally and Frank will be my best friends if no internet stream becomes available.
                              "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Wilcox made a nice save on an ook breakaway, and flashed the glove another time for a nice save on an ook player, other than that he didn't have too many opportunities. Coyne looked decent for the small number of times he had to make a save against the ooks. Lehr probably had the least of the opportunities to make a save, much of the 3rd period was played down in the ook zone.

ook is a funny word to me btw.
                                Originally posted by CavalryNate
                                Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X