Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Wildcats 2014/2015 - Wait 'Til Next Year!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by skyraider0609 View Post
    Seriously? Warmer? Who knows. Who cares. Maybe they're trying to entice the geriatric crowd not to leave with 15 minutes left in the third?
    Less people in the crowd?
    Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

• Originally posted by Darius View Post
      Has anyone noticed the Whitt is warmer the last 2 two games? Serious question.
      Funny you should say that coz we were remarking the same thing tonight...

Welp gang the wheels did indeed come off the proverbial wagon tonight that is for sure. Watching Matt Willows get a 10 min major hurt and the team just fell apart.

Thought they were the most disjointed as I've ever seen them play this year...or ever quite honestly in my short tenure following them. When Downings goal was disallowed that was pretty much it. It is what it is and this season is what it is. Don't say we didn't know going in gang!

Not going to lose any sleep over it and thanks for the permission to keep my pom poms out if I want, haha. My apologies for trying to keep it positive where ever possible. I'll enjoy my remaining time this season and keep that to myself. Aerman catch ya at the next FOMH gig after the BU game. OOPS the UConn game but sadly I won't be there. Been fun catching up...at least I know where ya sit, Don't forget to wear blue �� . Over and out for abit...peace out.
      Last edited by HockeyRef; 01-25-2015, 08:52 AM.
      I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2014/2015 - Wait 'Til Next Year!!!

Originally posted by Greg A View Post
        My video feed was perfect last night. It was actually quite good. What was not good was watching UNH flail around in the second period. Between the penalties and weak play both shorthanded and 5-on-5, it's no wonder Tirone was under siege. He made some good stops but also could have been better on at least one of the goals. UNH hung in there in the third and made it interesting for a little while at the end but … another road loss. This part of the Umile era so reminds me of the late stages of the Holt era. Some good players, jut not enough of them.
        That's been my developing concern for some time now ... and unfortunately this season is showing a real dip down to a level we haven't seen in quite awhile. Unless UNH somehow finds a level of consistent positive play that's eluded them up to this point, this year's team will post the worst record of the Coach Umile era. And the unthinkable - last place in Hockey East, especially in a year when there is a new member in the league - is suddenly not so far-fetched. That would put a major dent in the long-term recruiting process, no doubt.

I'll check back in after next weekend, as that's the end of the 7 game stretch I targeted a few weeks ago, and while UNH is 2-3-0 during that stretch, it's the way they've gotten there that's so troubling. The team's apparent absolute dependency on Pesce - a player who is no better than 50-50 on returning for his senior season - also offers a troubling outlook on the prospects of a quick turnaround next year.

Here's to hoping that chronically overrated Notre Dame provides the perfect remedy to what ails the 'Cats next weekend ... but even if it does, I still share Greg's concerns about the outlook going forwards. If you put the program's records over the last decade on a graph, there wouldn't be any sharp drops from year to year. But from beginning to end, it's unmistakable. And not comforting. JMHO.
        Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
        Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Darius View Post
          Non-serious answer: Anthropogenic Global Warming (AGW), which we were warned about several years ago.

Comment

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2014/2015 - Wait 'Til Next Year!!!

Originally posted by Darius View Post
            Seemed really warm, nearly hot, where we were. There was a puddle on the ice near the boards in front of Sec 114 for most of the game.

Comment

Working...
            X