Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Wildcats 2014/2015 - Wait 'Til Next Year!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
    Ouch. I said that "that there is no reason why the Cats should not pick up 12 points over the next three weekends." But, I guess that there are lots of reasons why 12 points might not have been realistic. I live in a non-real world, I guess.
    There there Snively65! There is no reason why we couldn't have won tonight ...when you score 4 goals in a game that should be enough but not tonight. UMass had the jump on our defense when it counted plain and simple!! Just disappointed this should have been 2 points.
    Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2014/2015 - Wait 'Til Next Year!!!

Is the box score correct? UMA 3 only sog in 3rd period yet 3 goals?
      UNH Hockey: From "Why Not Us' to "Woe is Us"

Comment

Tonight's "Laughable, But Sad Stat of the Night": UMass has 3 shots on goal in the 3rd period...all 3 shots got past Clark.

Oy........

Edit: Felger beat me to it
        UNH

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
          Tonight's "Laughable, But Sad Stat of the Night": UMass has 3 shots on goal in the 3rd period...all 3 shots got past Clark.

Oy........

Edit: Felger beat me to it
          But we can take consolation in the fact that we won the SOG contest

Comment

• Originally posted by Felger View Post
            But we can take consolation in the fact that we won the SOG contest
            Another lopsided SOG contest like this one, and I might begin to think that Chuck is onto something. So, did Clark play Tirone into a regular starter in net?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dropkicknh View Post
              Agganis?
              True, but also Mullins.

Comment

Well, so much for the "feast on the HE bottom feeders" theory. This is why all the talk of home ice and March hockey is a bit over the top. If UNH were really going for it, then the score would have been reversed. I hate to sound so negative, but this is what they are. One forward, one back. Oh well, let's see what they do tomorrow night.

Comment

Tough to get a read on a game from only the box score. But if the 'Cats only yielded 20 shots, I have a hard time blaming this performance on Pesce's absence.

Comment

Tough to get a read on a game from only the box score. But if the 'Cats only yielded 20 shots, I have a hard time blaming this performance on Pesce's absence.
                    Are you talking SOG Felger thought I read 33 for UNH .. We were beat in the transition game that has already been mentioned...struggled to get out of our zone. Offense was there....

Wouldn't blame it totally on Peces absence but he's a big part of the leadership for the D corps on the ice. Speaking of the ice anyone there think it was a factor on doped (for both teams and am not blaming the ice) Just a reflection as we had seats fairly close. Mullins is a nice rink fwiw dept. Welp today is another day...without Pesce! Would love to see what Chanter can do in the ice he brings the physical from what I've seen.
                    Last edited by HockeyRef; 01-17-2015, 10:33 AM.
                    Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by skyraider0609 View Post
                      Well, so much for the "feast on the HE bottom feeders" theory. This is why all the talk of home ice and March hockey is a bit over the top. If UNH were really going for it, then the score would have been reversed. I hate to sound so negative, but this is what they are. One forward, one back. Oh well, let's see what they do tomorrow night.
                      A chance to prove we are above the bottom feeders was missed for sure. The home ice and March hockey talk works only through the blue tinted shades which, leaving them on, swapping the PC (loss becomes win) and UMA (win becomes loss) games, point wise we are as anticipated a few days ago, the points just came unexpectedly.

Still, a huge blown opportunity. I saw/read an interview with Thrush(?) recently where he said that since break the team was finally putting it together, not having the 5 - 6 minute let downs that were losing pre-break games. I watched BC/BU last night, only listened to the last 10 minutes of the 'cats, but it sounds like the concentration lapses returned.

Clark was due for one, perhaps Coach cuts him a break and keeps the rotation? We have to find consistent scoring from other than the Downing line.
                      I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                        It is Mullin (no s), built exactly 25 years after Conte, with about 500 more seats.

Trivia question: which ice rink is located on Commonwealth Avenue?

(Disclosure: I spend a fair bit of time at UMass, but only the one post-season game at Mullin).

Ever wonder how many national championships the Minutemen might have if they had successfully poached Umile from UNH?
                        Must be a typo there, Snively65. Conte Forum was opened in 1988, Mullins broke ground in 1991 and opened in 1993.

In researching that, I did discover Mullins is indeed located on Commonwealth Ave. Sneaky one there!!

And sonar has already posted the correct answer to the question about would-be NC's had Coach moved to Amherst.

Now, what's all this about "Chuck might be onto something" about the irrelevance of SOG's ...
                        Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                        Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                          Are you talking SOG Felger thought I read 33 for UNH .. We were beat in the transition game that has already been mentioned...struggled to get out of our zone. Offense was there....

Wouldn't blame it totally on Peces absence but he's a big part of the leadership for the D corps on the ice. Speaking of the ice anyone there think it was a factor on doped (for both teams and am not blaming the ice) Just a reflection as we had seats fairly close. Mullins is a nice rink fwiw dept. Welp today is another day...without Pesce! Would love to see what Chanter can do in the ice he brings the judicial from what I've seen.
                          My point was that if UNH only gave up 20 shots then you could argue that the 'd' held its own, even without its best player. But I wasn't there, so I will leave it to others to evaluate. After all, as we have been told numerous times, SOG only demonstrates so much.

Comment

My point was that if UNH only gave up 20 shots then you could argue that the 'd' held its own, even without its best player. But I wasn't there, so I will leave it to others to evaluate. After all, as we have been told numerous times, SOG only demonstrates so much.
                            Oh get it sorry long night with the drive...good point! Not gonna hang it on Clark but he's had better games. Really felt disappointed for him but that's a goalies life! Onward 'Cats!!
                            Last edited by HockeyRef; 01-17-2015, 11:04 AM.
                            Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                              So, did Clark play Tirone into a regular starter in net?
                              God I hope not. Two freshmen goalies, likely to be with the program for the next 3+ seasons apiece, and you can't afford to lose faith in one of them based on just a single poor performance, and with the other guy playing well in his first couple of starts. That would be taking the whole "Flavor of the Month" thing to its limits. Clark has established himself as at least worthy of a spot in a rotation, which is something Tirone has now earned with a couple of strong showings. So let the both of them play, and it will all sort itself out.

Let's face it, folks ... this is one season where there is going to be less of a focus on compiling strong PWR etc. or improving the Hockey East Tourney seeding/placement. I'd love to see this team go on a good run over the next few weeks, no doubt about it. But I'd be totally shocked to see Coach Umile break from the current rotation, at least for the rest of this month, barring injuries. And if one guy steps it up, and the other guy slumps, I'd expect one *might* play a few more games.

But as the thread title says, this season, it's really all about "next year" and beyond. To lose faith in (and potentially damage) a key piece of those long-term plans would be a rookie coach mistake, or a mistake of a guy fighting to keep his job - or maybe a sign that your coach is Mike Keenan . And say what you want about Coach Umile, but he is hardly a rookie, he is NOT fighting to keep his job, and he has shown exceptional patience (sometimes to his detriment) with developing key players in the past. I don't see any of that changing because Clark struggled last night. It will (and should) take more than one bad night to shake Coach off his rotation.
                              Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                              Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

I agree with Chuck!
                                I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

Working...
                                X