Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Wildcats 2014/2015 - Wait 'Til Next Year!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2014/2015 - Wait 'Til Next Year!!!

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
    Who made famous the expression "nattering nabobs of negativism"? Ok, good for you; but, who wrote it?
    Spiro Agnew.

Or wait, maybe it was Rick Pitino
    UNH Hockey: From "Why Not Us' to "Woe is Us"

Comment

Tirone gets the nod tonight!
      Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Downing with 2!
        Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Felger View Post
          Spiro Agnew.

Got the first part with Agnew; congrats!

Now, we need the writer for Spiro.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
            Got the first part with Agnew; congrats!

Now, we need the writer for Spiro.
            I was pretty confident about the Agnew part;

The answer to the second part is purely a guess - Pat Buchanan?
            UNH Hockey: From "Why Not Us' to "Woe is Us"

Comment

Originally posted by Felger View Post
              The answer to the second part is purely a guess - Pat Buchanan?
              That would be my guess ... but then again, I thought the expression came from Dr. Smith in "Lost in Space"?

USCHO scoretracker had UNH up 2-1 early in the 3rd. Ironically, I'm stuck in Providence on business this week.
              Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
              Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Originally posted by Felger View Post
                Spiro T. Agnew.

Fixed your post!
                UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Noice W for the Cats. Way to go. Downing infuego!
                  UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

• Originally posted by e.cat View Post
                    Noice W for the Cats. Way to go. Downing infuego!
                    Yeeaaahhh 'Cats!!! 😄
                    Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

And, we also won the..........SOG!

Down with negativism!

Supposedly, William Safire wrote a lot of speeches for S T. Agnew.
                      Last edited by Snively65; 01-14-2015, 05:20 PM.

Comment

Tonight's win was EXACTLY the kind of win this UNH team needed to post. Their first one-goal victory, against a pretty good PC team that's had their number for most of the last couple of seasons (HE Semis excepted ), and apparently another good showing from the new goalie. UNH is now riding a (very modest) three game unbeaten streak, with the two wins coming against ranked opponents, and a tie against an in-state rival that arguably felt like an acceptable result, given its late come-from-behind nature.

Good way to transition into the meat of the conference schedule, and with tonight's win, UNH pushes ahead of UMaine in the "We Used Ta Be Big Programs Ayuh" sweepstakes. Hopefully the 'Cats can build some confidence and momentum, and exceed expectations over the second half of the season, and build up everyone's hopes that "Wait 'Til Next Year!!" will actually mean something come March.
                        Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                        Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Thought Danny T looked good in his UNH home debut tonight! Am I correct to assume that his green helmet/pads come from his days as a Cedar Rapids Rough Rider?

http://www.ridertownusa.com/news/v/t...-the-week/905/

Anybody catch that great shot by Quast in the 3rd? Point blank, dead on. And that second goal in the first by Downing, amazed it went in given the angle he shot it! Umpire made a 'big boy' call on that one . Impressed with the steady play of the 'Cats tonight; didn't buckle when the heat was on.
                          Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Recap and thoughts from Tuesday's game including quotes

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/2015...e-noel-acciari
                            https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
                            Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Okay...good win last night against PC. UNH has been on the short end of a lot of one goal games this season, so it's nice to see one go their way finally. With four games upcoming against HE bottom feeders, UNH can, if they take advantage, make some headway in the standings. Hopefully, that's the case. If the season ended right now, the Cats would travels to Storrs and UConn for first weekend games. I'm still looking at "bridge year blues", but we'll see where they are in two weeks. Baby steps people, baby steps.

Grayson, whatever you're doing kid, don't change a thing. Just don't mess with it....

Comment

Downing 2, Friars 1. Good for him. As someone pointed out to me a few weeks ago he's always had the skill, but hasn't had the supporting cast. Kelleher is clearly stepping up and in his pregame radio interview Coach referenced Thrush as the catalyst for that line.

Glancing at the standings, not looking at other team's schedules, thinking back to last year's final standings and with 4 games in hand vs. NU, 2 games to play against UMA, ME, ND, CT while staying with:

Originally posted by Darius View Post
                                The Friars are obviously going to be a tough W (which we got!!!), but through the blue tinted shades a UMA sweep and 3 of 4 from ME and ND. After that things get dicey. Even if I stick with my team on the upswing prediction from a month or 2 ago it is hard to imagine finishing the remainder at .500 without a consistent scoring uptick.
                                Grayson could qualify for home ice in the 1st round of the HEA playoffs.
                                I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

Working...
                                X