Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Wildcats 2014/2015 - Wait 'Til Next Year!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UNH Wildcats 2014/2015 - Wait 'Til Next Year!!!

Originally posted by ClOuD 9 View Post
    Somewhere I still have my unused ticket from the first UNH-Dartmouth game in Manchester, bought it off ComicbookGuy. Still a bit disappointed that I wasn't able to make that one.

Boxscore: http://collegehockeystats.net/0708/boxes/mdarunh1.j19
    More support for the "SOG's are meaningless" crowd.

So ... does anyone want to predict the outcome of this weekend's opener @ Union?

Union 3 UNH 1
    Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
    Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Has anyone heard if the WBIN/Fox College Sports (FCS) TV coverage is happening again this year? Some UNH home games have been listed to air on WBIN through other websites, but this hasn't been listed yet on UNH's website.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post

So ... does anyone want to predict the outcome of this weekend's opener @ Union?

Union 3 UNH 1
        I was thinking 4-1. The good news is I'm not very good at this prediction stuff.
        Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories. - Stephen Wright

Comment

Dunno the score, but maybe Willows flattens Agosta?

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
            Dunno the score, but maybe Willows flattens Agosta?
            Wait. We're playing Quinnipiac?

Comment

Union 3 UNH 1
              UNH will win the "SOG" battle! Anything after that is a bonus😕😃
              UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Originally posted by Aerman View Post
                Wait. We're playing Quinnipiac?
                Oops, I meant Veccione; getting my teams mixed up.

Comment

Soooooooo. Does the location of this thread on page two hint at our expectations for the opener?

Comment

Soooooooo. Does the location of this thread on page two hint at our expectations for the opener?
                    This is the "Year of No Expectations". I think that's why the silence is deafening. No idea what to expect.

I, for one, am pretty fired up to see how the youth develops this year
                    Signature line intentionally left blank.

Comment

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2014/2015 - Wait 'Til Next Year!!!

I think the location of the thread says everything you need to know about how overall fan interest in UNH Hockey has fallen off a very steep cliff from where it was a decade ago. Not all at once, but like the tide gradually going out over several hours at Hampton Beach.

I keep waiting for it to be low tide, and for things to slowly come back to where it was - and hopefully the trip to the Garden and HE Finals last March was an important first step - but I suspect low tide will actually be tolled on or about New Year's Day 2015.

Comment

The trend has been reversed. This year's class is very diverse, and they have done pretty well for the next couple of seasons. My concern was about getting scorers, and they just got the BCHL's top scorer. For the future, they made a smaller move to Stewart, and as we approach the 20th anniversary of UNH's first BCHL recruit (Derek Bekar, Nov. 1994), UNH seems to have remembered that creative hockey can be recruited, rather than taking a bunch of ordinary hockey players and sending them to the USHL to become responsible robots. The fudgeups of the last 6 years, including losing their best players due to a lack of attention, and then replacing them with "Umile type" players (talentless pluggers) are being fixed with time. They will be a decent team by year's end, and by the time Umile retires in 2016/2017 he will leave a very solid base for a young enterprising coach who, like David Quinn, will invigorate the program.
                        The Souza record:
                        15-16 10th place
                        16-17 10th place
                        17-18 11th place
                        18-19 8th place
                        19-20 9th place
                        20-21 10th place
                        21-22 9th place
                        22-23 10th place

Comment

Dear Union Online Stream Cameraman,

You s&$k.

*rolls eyes*

Comment

Originally posted by NCAA watcher View Post
                            The trend has been reversed. This year's class is very diverse, and they have done pretty well for the next couple of seasons. My concern was about getting scorers, and they just got the BCHL's top scorer. For the future, they made a smaller move to Stewart, and as we approach the 20th anniversary of UNH's first BCHL recruit (Derek Bekar, Nov. 1994), UNH seems to have remembered that creative hockey can be recruited, rather than taking a bunch of ordinary hockey players and sending them to the USHL to become responsible robots. The fudgeups of the last 6 years, including losing their best players due to a lack of attention, and then replacing them with "Umile type" players (talentless pluggers) are being fixed with time. They will be a decent team by year's end, and by the time Umile retires in 2016/2017 he will leave a very solid base for a young enterprising coach who, like David Quinn, will invigorate the program.
                            Did I miss something? Does "Watcher have a tidy little scoop in there, or was that wishful thinking??

FWIW I'm puzzled why some are crediting Coach Quinn for a turnaround at BU that hasn't quite happened yet ... it's not just you 'Watcher, it seems to be widespread, and it's premature, no?

Comment

OMG... Neighbor just knocked on the door to make sure everything was okay. *grin* In a season of take big moments when you get 'em... We got one!

Comment

Did I miss something? Does "Watcher have a tidy little scoop in there, or was that wishful thinking??
                                Wishful guessing

FWIW I'm puzzled why some are crediting Coach Quinn for a turnaround at BU that hasn't quite happened yet ... it's not just you 'Watcher, it seems to be widespread, and it's premature, no?
                                When you are 5 for 5 outrecruiting BC for 2016 and beyond I'll put my money on them. Look up Shawn Walsh's records his first two years while he got his recruits in a row.
                                The Souza record:
                                15-16 10th place
                                16-17 10th place
                                17-18 11th place
                                18-19 8th place
                                19-20 9th place
                                20-21 10th place
                                21-22 9th place
                                22-23 10th place

Comment

Working...
                                X