Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Wildcats 2014/2015 - Wait 'Til Next Year!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UNH Wildcats 2014/2015 - Wait 'Til Next Year!!!

Here are profiles and video highlights of most* of the UNH freshmen who will make their debut tonight in the exhibition game against St. Francis Xavier:

Warren Foegele: http://unhhockeyblog.blogspot.com/20...spect-and.html

Shane Eiserman: http://unhhockeyblog.blogspot.com/20...erman-nhl.html

Adam Clark: http://unhhockeyblog.blogspot.com/20...dam-clark.html

Dylan Chanter: http://unhhockeyblog.blogspot.com/20...er-brings.html

Michael McNicholas: http://unhhockeyblog.blogspot.com/20...s-skilled.html

Andrew Poturalski: http://unhhockeyblog.blogspot.com/20...i-natural.html

*The next profile will be on Cameron Marks who is shaping up to be one of the top 6 defensemen on this year's team. I've heard that an upperclassman likens Marks' style to Brett Pesce's.
    The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

UNH Men's Hockey: Dick Umile Interview (10/03/14):
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gL9_Hc8XNk
      I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

Sounds like we had a brutal afternoon. Who went? Anyone have a report?

Thank goodness we welcomed Elon to the CAA with a can of whup-*** or it would have been a truly miserable afternoon.
        Signature line intentionally left blank.

Comment

Originally posted by wildcatdc View Post
          Sounds like we had a brutal afternoon. Who went?
          Not many, official attendance: 3,602. I would guess the student section accounts for close to half of that number, tickets sold also probably help to fluff it up.
          "...On To Victory, Forever Blue & White..."
          Men's Hockey

ECAC Regular Season: 1 • ECAC Tournament: 1 • Hockey East Regular Season: 8 • Hockey East Tournament: 2
          NCAA Appearances: 22 • Frozen Fours: 7 • 1999 & 2003 NCAA Runner Up

Women's Hockey
          EAIAW Champions: 4 • ECAC Regular Season: 3 • ECAC Tournament: 5 • Hockey East Regular Season: 6 • Hockey East Tournament: 4
          AWCHA Final Fours: 2 • NCAA Appearances: 5 • Frozen Fours: 2 • 1999 Runner Up
          1998 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

Comment

Thank goodness we welcomed Elon to the CAA with a can of whup-*** or it would have been a truly miserable afternoon.
            Talked to my husband who went and he said it was pretty much what you would expect with a bunch of new kids on the ice. He said Clark was huge in goal as he's a big kid! It's Gonna be a work in progress and remember today was their first official practice. Heard too the rink was foggy? Well onto Union...
            Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Yeah nice game for the football cats. Another whoopin'

Went to the hockey cats game. Freshman are going to be good. I must say St FX not a bad group. Talked with one of the Dad's. They have several draft picks and their goalie pretty much stood on his head as we won the SOG battle☺
              UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Originally posted by e.cat View Post
                Yeah nice game for the football cats. Another whoopin'

Went to the hockey cats game. Freshman are going to be good. I must say St FX not a bad group. Talked with one of the Dad's. They have several draft picks and their goalie pretty much stood on his head as we won the SOG battle☺
                Thanks for the summary, ecat and others. I predict that this season will be the one in which SOG truly matters. :-)

Comment

Thanks for the report e.cat...glad to hear the Frosh are going to pan out! Yeah that team is like 3-1 now... On another note...heard our Matty Willows was in the PBox a bit today Nice to hear we won the all important SOG battle !!!

ps off the UNH website: Good to see the freshman Andrew Poturalski looking sharp!

http://www.unhwildcats.com/sports/mi...20141004bnpd0h
                  Last edited by HockeyRef; 10-04-2014, 07:39 PM.
                  Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                    Thanks for the summary, ecat and others. I predict that this season will be the one in which SOG truly matters. :-)

Was there ever any doubt?😆

Comment

Hubby was right about the fog. Reminded me of the old Boston Garden😉

Comment

Overall, the UNH play was pretty sloppy at times but there were a number of individual performances worth noting. A "work in progress" for sure. Will break it down on the blog tomorrow.
                        The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

There were 2 contests on the Whitt ice last night. UNH lost the hockey game. Willows and O'Connor had a personal tilt. Physically a draw, Willows won the mental match when O'Connor committed a high sticking infraction while up a man on Quast's 5 minute major.
                          I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

Originally posted by Darius View Post
                            There were 2 contests on the Whitt ice last night. UNH lost the hockey game. Willows and O'Connor had a personal tilt. Physically a draw, Willows won the mental match when O'Connor committed a high sticking infraction while up a man on Quast's 5 minute major.
                            Thanks for clearing that up hubby said Willows had the 5 min major...yeah MW can get into people's heads 😉 what other impressions did you have of the game?
                            Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

The USCHO recap reads that MW got a double 2-minute minor near the end of the second, which apparently the Cats killed off at the beginning of the third, before giving up the second goal late. So, 2-0 loss not a blow out, despite the sloppy play. Quinnipiac lost 4-1 to Acadia yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                                The USCHO recap reads that MW got a double 2-minute minor near the end of the second, which apparently the Cats killed off at the beginning of the third, before giving up the second goal late. So, 2-0 loss not a blow out, despite the sloppy play. Quinnipiac lost 4-1 to Acadia yesterday.
                                Guess I need to do the reading haha! Well it's a start to the season, that's all...we know what the team is up against and I think they will come along. God knows they've started with a lot of adversity with graduation, players leaving, new coach, not to mention the loss of their expected Senior goal keeper! I am going to look for the positives in each game, that's my game plan. Psyched to see them up against Union next week! Speaking of them...we feel your pain!

BREAKING: #UnionHockey players Novak, Wilkins, Cruice suspended for violation of team rules: http://www.dailygazette.com/news/201...05/union_1005/ … #ECACHockey #NCAAHockey
                                Last edited by HockeyRef; 10-05-2014, 02:38 PM.
                                Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Working...
                                X