Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Wildcats 2014/2015 - Wait 'Til Next Year!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2014/2015 - Wait 'Til Next Year!!!

Originally posted by Felger View Post
    I was there as well. Pretty sure that was the game where UNH's only TD came on a 107 yard kickoff return.
    No way! You don't look that old on your show with Mazz!
    UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Originally posted by e.cat View Post
      No way! You don't look that old on your show with Mazz!
      I was there with my father and my brother. Don't worry, I rained on their parade. I still complained all the way home about how poorly the 'Cats played, how lucky they were to win, and how much trouble they were in when they finally faced a good team.
      UNH Hockey: From "Why Not Us' to "Woe is Us"

Comment

Originally posted by felger View Post
        i was there with my father and my brother. Don't worry, i rained on their parade. I still complained all the way home about how poorly the 'cats played, how lucky they were to win, and how much trouble they were in when they finally faced a good team.
        Classic.
        Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
        Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

I was there with my father and my brother. Don't worry, I rained on their parade. I still complained all the way home about how poorly the 'Cats played, how lucky they were to win, and how much trouble they were in when they finally faced a good team.
          Can't win for winning around these parts!!

FWIW, my girlfriend's father complained about how poorly Dartmouth played too!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
            Classic.
            Classic was Phyllis from Mulga on the SEC network yesterday. (Give it a listen if you haven't heard it.)

Sort of reminded me of a couple of posters on this thread.
            UNH Hockey: From "Why Not Us' to "Woe is Us"

Comment

Classic was Phyllis from Mulga on the SEC network yesterday. (Give it a listen if you haven't heard it.)

Sort of reminded me of a couple of posters on this thread.
              And just who might that be? haha very funny!! Love her enthusiasm for her team! You tell 'em Phyllis! Here's the link...

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=12112515
              Last edited by HockeyRef; 01-03-2015, 12:27 PM.
              I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                And who might that be? haha very funny!! Love her enthusiasm for her team! You tell 'em Phyllis! Here's the link...

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=12112515
                Heard it already but it's worth another listen. She is steamin' like a fresh cow turd!

Comment

Originally posted by e.cat View Post
                  Heard it already but it's worth another listen. She is steamin' like a fresh cow turd!
                  Growing up in Jacksonville, Fla I had many aunts who talked just like her. hmmm..apple doesn't fall far from the tree eh? Actually while I might get a lil excited about the games I'm not that bad...(if my hubby were here he'd be like )

Comment

Ah...thanks for the call Phyllis...have another couple of Red Bulls and your autographed Cam Newton Auburn jersey is on it's way to you....

It's a religion down there apparently.....

Comment

Hey, I just noticed that our team, without leaving the practice rink the past 48 hours, has catapulted (heh, heh) into a 38th PWR tie with Holy Cross (can anyone find the "Who is Holy Cross" thread in the archives?), and in doing so leapfrogged over Bentley.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                        Hey, I just noticed that our team, without leaving the practice rink the past 48 hours, has catapulted (heh, heh) into a 38th PWR tie with Holy Cross (can anyone find the "Who is Holy Cross" thread in the archives?), and in doing so leapfrogged over Bentley.
                        The Tirone Era has started!!!

(Just to be clear, that was just having a little fun....)

It'd be nice to have a developmental second half with a few nice wins along the way.
                        Signature line intentionally left blank.

Comment

Catching up, reading some nice posts, after an absence from the forum. One correction, Jack Parker stated in his final press conference that he had planned to retire sooner, after the NC, but stayed an extra year because of the team scandal. He did not retire because of the scandal, but stayed so that he would leave with the program in better shape. BTW, the Terrier/Union tilt, broadcast on NBCSN last night with Dan Parkhurst doing play by, was a fantastic game to watch. There was an almost 9 minute 3rd period stretch of whistle-less hockey. Lots of great talent on display by both teams. Eichel did not play.
                          I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

Yes, he said he planned to retire after 2012 (he was 66 during the season, and turned 67 after the season), but because of the program issues, he stayed til he announced his retirement on his 68th birthday, March 11, 2013.

"It's a tough job. My longtime assistant coach, Ben Smith, always said that this job is not good for our health. It's a tough job. I always say hello and goodbye to every coach that we play against when they come to our rink or when I go to their rink. I always do that because I know that they are the only group of a few people who know exactly how tough this job is.

Happy 66th birthday, Coach Umile!
                            The Souza record:
                            15-16 10th place
                            16-17 10th place
                            17-18 11th place
                            18-19 8th place
                            19-20 9th place
                            20-21 10th place
                            21-22 9th place
                            22-23 10th place

Comment

Originally posted by Darius View Post
                              Catching up, reading some nice posts, after an absence from the forum. One correction, Jack Parker stated in his final press conference that he had planned to retire sooner, after the NC, but stayed an extra year because of the team scandal. He did not retire because of the scandal, but stayed so that he would leave with the program in better shape. BTW, the Terrier/Union tilt, broadcast on NBCSN last night with Dan Parkhurst doing play by, was a fantastic game to watch. There was an almost 9 minute 3rd period stretch of whistle-less hockey. Lots of great talent on display by both teams. Eichel did not play.
                              Hey Darius good to see you. I agree; that was a great game to watch and at first I didn't know who the play by play was then it struck me that it was indeed our Dan Parkhurst. He posted on Twitter that he has another game coming up with them the 17th. Just bought my away BU tickets looking forward. But first task at hand is getting back to the 'Whitt on Friday. Former asst. Coach Dave Lassonde will be in the house. Game will be televised by NBCSN as well I believe? Wonder if the 'intrastate' (correct word?) rivalry will be a motivating factor of sorts? Do we have such a thing with Dartmouth? Game seems to be touted as such via the press... 'Cats could use some consistency in the W dept with a tough game with PC (who has won 9 out of their last 10 or something to that effect) to follow with the 'hole in the ice' make up game the 13th. Here we go...
                              Last edited by HockeyRef; 01-04-2015, 09:36 AM. Reason: blasted auto correckt

Comment

Originally posted by NCAA watcher View Post
                                Yes, he said he planned to retire after 2012 (he was 66 during the season, and turned 67 after the season), but because of the program issues, he stayed til he announced his retirement on his 68th birthday, March 11, 2013.

"It's a tough job. My longtime assistant coach, Ben Smith, always said that this job is not good for our health. It's a tough job. I always say hello and goodbye to every coach that we play against when they come to our rink or when I go to their rink. I always do that because I know that they are the only group of a few people who know exactly how tough this job is.

Happy 66th birthday, Coach Umile!
                                My favorite Parker quote from that press conference was his response to being asked why he was retiring. He said, "Look at me."
                                I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

Working...
                                X