Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Wildcats 2014/2015 - Wait 'Til Next Year!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Re: UNH Wildcats 2014/2015 - Wait 'Til Next Year!!!

    "Some Pluses in UNH Loss to St. Francis Xavier"
    Includes video highlights of top performers.
    The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

    Comment


    • #62
      Re: UNH Wildcats 2014/2015 - Wait 'Til Next Year!!!

      Nice game summary, Mike.

      HockeyRef, that is 57 points last year from those three suspended. Union also lost Carr, Bodie, Sullivan, and Gostisbehere from last year. But, they still have Ciampini, Vecchioni (who?), and SR goalie Colin Stevens. Is their FR D-man Nick DiSimone related to Phil?

      Comment


      • #63
        Re: UNH Wildcats 2014/2015 - Wait 'Til Next Year!!!

        Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
        Nice game summary, Mike.

        HockeyRef, that is 57 points last year from those three suspended. Union also lost Carr, Bodie, Sullivan, and Gostisbehere from last year. But, they still have Ciampini, Vecchioni (who?), and SR goalie Colin Stevens. Is their FR D-man Nick DiSimone related to Phil?
        The problem is that Wilkins and Novak were "leaders" who stepped up when it mattered so lots of their goals were GWs. These were the guys, IMO, who stepped up to do the impossible and carry the team on their backs at critical junctions in critical games. We may be starting 8 freshmen against NH. While we have some great freshmen and are very excited about their potential, its going to be a few years for that potential is fully realized.
        DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
        DANGER - MEN AT WORK

        Comment


        • #64
          Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
          The problem is that Wilkins and Novak were "leaders" who stepped up when it mattered so lots of their goals were GWs. These were the guys, IMO, who stepped up to do the impossible and carry the team on their backs at critical junctions in critical games. We may be starting 8 freshmen against NH. While we have some great freshmen and are very excited about their potential, its going to be a few years for that potential is fully realized.
          Hey Dutchman welcome to our world albeit briefly! ��. Should be a good game am excited to visit your place Saturday! Enjoy the raising of your banner...
          Last edited by HockeyRef; 10-06-2014, 05:17 AM.
          Let's Go SouzaCats!

          Comment


          • #65
            Re: UNH Wildcats 2014/2015 - Wait 'Til Next Year!!!

            Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
            The problem is that Wilkins and Novak were "leaders" who stepped up when it mattered so lots of their goals were GWs. These were the guys, IMO, who stepped up to do the impossible and carry the team on their backs at critical junctions in critical games. We may be starting 8 freshmen against NH. While we have some great freshmen and are very excited about their potential, its going to be a few years for that potential is fully realized.
            Wow. With eight or so more for us there are going to be a whole lot of freshman out there. Think it might be a little sloppy?
            Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories. - Stephen Wright

            Comment


            • #66
              Re: UNH Wildcats 2014/2015 - Wait 'Til Next Year!!!

              Getting us back on page 1, it was nice seeing Ryan Randall play on Saturday. He may not be our most talented D-man, but looked fundamentally sound.

              If you are in need of a little light reading: http://unhwildcats.com/compliance/Parent_Ed.pdf
              I will not be out cheered in my own building.

              Comment


              • #67
                Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                Nice game summary, Mike.

                HockeyRef, that is 57 points last year from those three suspended. Union also lost Carr, Bodie, Sullivan, and Gostisbehere from last year. But, they still have Ciampini, Vecchioni (who?), and SR goalie Colin Stevens. Is their FR D-man Nick DiSimone related to Phil?
                Nick is Phil's younger brother.

                Comment


                • #68
                  Re: UNH Wildcats 2014/2015 - Wait 'Til Next Year!!!

                  From season-ending broken ankle to making the roster of the Chicago Blackhawks. Huge accomplishment by Trevor van Riemsdyk:

                  http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/blac...e-hawks-roster

                  "Trevor is a young kid who really surprised us as far as how poised he was with his reads, his positioning, his patience and play recognition with the puck," Quenneville said. "So he had a good start, had an excellent training camp, is getting rewarded based on well he played in camp. Can he sustain that, what he showed us before? That's a big step for us and him as well. But he shows he's a pretty smart customer and cool in a lot of situations. We're looking forward to seeing him play."
                  Last edited by C-H-C; 10-07-2014, 09:25 PM.
                  The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Originally posted by C-H-C View Post
                    From season-ending broken ankle to making the roster of the Chicago Blackhawks. Huge accomplishment by Trevor van Riemsdyk:

                    http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/blac...e-hawks-roster

                    "Trevor is a young kid who really surprised us as far as how poised he was with his reads, his positioning, his patience and play recognition with the puck," Quenneville said. "So he had a good start, had an excellent training camp, is getting rewarded based on well he played in camp. Can he sustain that, what he showed us before? That's a big step for us and him as well. But he shows he's a pretty smart customer and cool in a lot of situations. We're looking forward to seeing him play."
                    So, TvR - JvR match up could happen on November 1st. JvR also had a good pre-season with 4 goals and 3 assists in 5 games.
                    Last edited by Snively65; 10-08-2014, 02:27 AM.

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                      So, TvR - JvR match up could happen on November 1st. JvR also had a good pre-season with 4 goals and 3 assists in 5 games.
                      Wild isn't it? 😃. It's amazing and I wish TvR the best! Who knew after that injury...
                      Let's Go SouzaCats!

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        Re: UNH Wildcats 2014/2015 - Wait 'Til Next Year!!!

                        Pricing was released for the Maine game in Manchester today - UNH says $29 lower bowl, $24 upper bowl in their release which seems outrageous enough... Then you go on to TicketMaster:
                        Lower bowl: $27 + $11.80 in fees = $38.80 per ticket
                        Upper bowl: $22 + $11.70 in fees = $33.70 per ticket
                        "...On To Victory, Forever Blue & White..."
                        Men's Hockey

                        ECAC Regular Season: 1 • ECAC Tournament: 1 • Hockey East Regular Season: 8 • Hockey East Tournament: 2
                        NCAA Appearances: 22 • Frozen Fours: 7 • 1999 & 2003 NCAA Runner Up

                        Women's Hockey
                        EAIAW Champions: 4 • ECAC Regular Season: 3 • ECAC Tournament: 5 • Hockey East Regular Season: 6 • Hockey East Tournament: 4
                        AWCHA Final Fours: 2 • NCAA Appearances: 5 • Frozen Fours: 2 • 1999 Runner Up
                        1998 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          Re: UNH Wildcats 2014/2015 - Wait 'Til Next Year!!!

                          For context, here are the Manchester regular season attendances in full:
                          Code:
                          12-13-01 UNH 6 Dartmouth 3 Attendance: 10,053
                          1-15-03  UNH 1 Dartmouth 1 Attendance: 10,104
                          2-1-03   UNH 4 Maine 2     Attendance: 10,104
                          11-12-03 UNH 2 BC 2        Attendance: 10,104
                          1-13-04  UNH 5 Dartmouth 0 Attendance: 10,104
                          11-5-04  UNH 4 BU 3        Attendance: 9,075
                          1-12-05  Dartmouth 9 UNH 8 Attendance: 9,405
                          11-1-05  BC 3 UNH 2        Attendance: 8,411
                          1-14-06  UNH 5 Dartmouth 4 Attendance: 7,018
                          1-13-07  UNH 4 Dartmouth 2 Attendance: 9,640
                          2-2-07   Maine 4 UNH 2     Attendance: 10,104
                          1-19-08  Dartmouth 5 UNH 3 Attendance: 8,654
                          1-17-09  UNH 6 Dartmouth 4 Attendance: 8,001
                          2-7-09   Maine 1 UNH 0     Attendance: 8,811
                          1-16-10  UNH 5 Dartmouth 2 Attendance: 7,573
                          1-15-11  Dartmouth 5 UNH 4 Attendance: 7,704
                          1-14-12	 UNH 4 Dartmouth 1 Attendance: 5,301
                          1-26-13  UNH 6 Merrimack 2 Attendance: 6,605
                          1-11-14  UNH 4 Dartmouth 2 Attendance: 4,006
                          "...On To Victory, Forever Blue & White..."
                          Men's Hockey

                          ECAC Regular Season: 1 • ECAC Tournament: 1 • Hockey East Regular Season: 8 • Hockey East Tournament: 2
                          NCAA Appearances: 22 • Frozen Fours: 7 • 1999 & 2003 NCAA Runner Up

                          Women's Hockey
                          EAIAW Champions: 4 • ECAC Regular Season: 3 • ECAC Tournament: 5 • Hockey East Regular Season: 6 • Hockey East Tournament: 4
                          AWCHA Final Fours: 2 • NCAA Appearances: 5 • Frozen Fours: 2 • 1999 Runner Up
                          1998 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            Re: UNH Wildcats 2014/2015 - Wait 'Til Next Year!!!

                            Originally posted by ClOuD 9 View Post
                            For context, here are the Manchester regular season attendances in full:
                            Code:
                            12-13-01 UNH 6 Dartmouth 3 Attendance: 10,053
                            1-15-03  UNH 1 Dartmouth 1 Attendance: 10,104
                            2-1-03   UNH 4 Maine 2     Attendance: 10,104
                            11-12-03 UNH 2 BC 2        Attendance: 10,104
                            1-13-04  UNH 5 Dartmouth 0 Attendance: 10,104
                            11-5-04  UNH 4 BU 3        Attendance: 9,075
                            1-12-05  Dartmouth 9 UNH 8 Attendance: 9,405
                            11-1-05  BC 3 UNH 2        Attendance: 8,411
                            1-14-06  UNH 5 Dartmouth 4 Attendance: 7,018
                            1-13-07  UNH 4 Dartmouth 2 Attendance: 9,640
                            2-2-07   Maine 4 UNH 2     Attendance: 10,104
                            1-19-08  Dartmouth 5 UNH 3 Attendance: 8,654
                            1-17-09  UNH 6 Dartmouth 4 Attendance: 8,001
                            2-7-09   Maine 1 UNH 0     Attendance: 8,811
                            1-16-10  UNH 5 Dartmouth 2 Attendance: 7,573
                            1-15-11  Dartmouth 5 UNH 4 Attendance: 7,704
                            1-14-12	 UNH 4 Dartmouth 1 Attendance: 5,301
                            1-26-13  UNH 6 Merrimack 2 Attendance: 6,605
                            1-11-14  UNH 4 Dartmouth 2 Attendance: 4,006
                            Hey, other than the obvious "death spiral" of attendance figures, at least the lowest turnout for UMaine was 8,801. Of course, it will be almost six (6) years since that game when they next meet.
                            Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                            Montreal Expos Forever ...

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              Re: UNH Wildcats 2014/2015 - Wait 'Til Next Year!!!

                              Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                              Hey, other than the obvious "death spiral" of attendance figures, at least the lowest turnout for UMaine was 8,801. Of course, it will be almost six (6) years since that game when they next meet.
                              Worth noting that there was also a $15 "meal deal" ticket (upper bowl ticket, hot dog & soda) available for most of those recent "death spiral" games and it seemingly did little to reverse the trend.
                              Last edited by ClOuD 9; 10-08-2014, 06:06 PM.
                              "...On To Victory, Forever Blue & White..."
                              Men's Hockey

                              ECAC Regular Season: 1 • ECAC Tournament: 1 • Hockey East Regular Season: 8 • Hockey East Tournament: 2
                              NCAA Appearances: 22 • Frozen Fours: 7 • 1999 & 2003 NCAA Runner Up

                              Women's Hockey
                              EAIAW Champions: 4 • ECAC Regular Season: 3 • ECAC Tournament: 5 • Hockey East Regular Season: 6 • Hockey East Tournament: 4
                              AWCHA Final Fours: 2 • NCAA Appearances: 5 • Frozen Fours: 2 • 1999 Runner Up
                              1998 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                Re: UNH Wildcats 2014/2015 - Wait 'Til Next Year!!!

                                Originally posted by ClOuD 9 View Post
                                Pricing was released for the Maine game in Manchester today - UNH says $29 lower bowl, $24 upper bowl in their release which seems outrageous enough... Then you go on to TicketMaster:
                                Lower bowl: $27 + $11.80 in fees = $38.80 per ticket
                                Upper bowl: $22 + $11.70 in fees = $33.70 per ticket

                                sTicket Master sux! I'll never buy another sticket from them😬
                                GO BLUE/GO UNH

                                COLLEGE HOCKEY RULES

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X