Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Wildcats 2014/2015 - Wait 'Til Next Year!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by e.cat View Post
    Ya. Watched it too. Unbelieveable!
    Another good 30 for 30 (short version, like 10 minutes)... Google John Wensink 30 for 30 short. Classic
    Signature line intentionally left blank.

Comment

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2014/2015 - Wait 'Til Next Year!!!

Originally posted by wildcatdc View Post
      Another good 30 for 30 (short version, like 10 minutes)... Google John Wensink 30 for 30 short. Classic
      Thanks for that wildcatdc. I'll check it out.
      UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
        I watched a replay of the game and it looks like Correale's arm / elbow was coming up when he made contact with the NU player's head as he skated by. That's probably why the refs gave the 5 minutes. Kind of a strange call.
        Some clarification on the major call the other night. It looks like there was a rule put in place this season for a 5 minute interference penalty for blindside hits. Ii appears Correale got called for a blindside hit not contact to the head.

Major penalty for interference: To assist officials in properly penalizing significant contact – particularly blindside hits – that is not to the head or neck area, the panel approved the addition of a major penalty for interference.
        http://www.ncaa.com/news/icehockey-m...-womens-hockey

Comment

This might be old news to some, but I googled and checked on Twitter. DeSmith has finally been removed from UNH hockey roster.

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/hock...lt-and-battery
          https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
          Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

TvR injury update: moved to LTI, out for "months" (one twitter report) and "awhile" (Coach Q). That's a shame...left leg injury / lower body but haven't heard any other details.
            Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post
              This might be old news to some, but I googled and checked on Twitter. DeSmith has finally been removed from UNH hockey roster.

Odd page naming scheme, can only imagine it's to score search engine results? casey-desmith-removed-from-unh-hockey-team-dick-umile-domestic-violence-assault-and-battery
              "...On To Victory, Forever Blue & White..."
              Men's Hockey

ECAC Regular Season: 1 • ECAC Tournament: 1 • Hockey East Regular Season: 8 • Hockey East Tournament: 2
              NCAA Appearances: 22 • Frozen Fours: 7 • 1999 & 2003 NCAA Runner Up

Women's Hockey
              EAIAW Champions: 4 • ECAC Regular Season: 3 • ECAC Tournament: 5 • Hockey East Regular Season: 6 • Hockey East Tournament: 4
              AWCHA Final Fours: 2 • NCAA Appearances: 5 • Frozen Fours: 2 • 1999 Runner Up
              1998 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

Comment

Originally posted by ClOuD 9 View Post
                Odd page naming scheme, can only imagine it's to score search engine results? casey-desmith-removed-from-unh-hockey-team-dick-umile-domestic-violence-assault-and-battery
                hmm..very interesting indeed. Well what's done is done. We move on. So does the team. Gives some closure of sorts, at least, from the team point of view. Will continue to throw full support behind Clarky (and Jamie, and perhaps, Danny?) Eyes forward and, Onward 'Cats!!!
                Last edited by HockeyRef; 11-18-2014, 08:43 AM.
                Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

NU produced you tube of their win Sat. night...with UNH's Kyle Smith commenting:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRkO...ature=youtu.be
                  Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

• Originally posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post

Story updated with official statement from UNH.
                    https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
                    Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

EGOL has officially flown the coop. No doubt flying south for the winter, to a tropical destination in the ECHL.
                      Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                      Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Originally posted by wildcatdc View Post
                        Great story wildcatdc. I remember Wensink. Classic T- Stop! Of course I took note of the UNH connection with the Jay Miller commentary
                        UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Blackhawks announce TvR's injury : fracture of the left patella surgery tomorrow out 3-4 months....ouch!😳
                          Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                            EGOL has officially flown the coop. No doubt flying south for the winter, to a tropical destination in the ECHL.
                            EGOL = Ex Goalie On the Lam?
                            UNH

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                              Blackhawks announce TvR's injury : fracture of the left patella surgery tomorrow out 3-4 months....ouch!😳
                              Real bummer for TvR; may he make a full recovery and come back even stronger in pursuit of a NHL career. One irony is that a lot of collegiate athletes leave school early in part to avoid risk of injury before they have a chance to pursue a professional career. But, I wonder if that extra year or two at Div 1 might make them stronger emotionally and physically before going pro? Yes, I realize that most collegiate Div 1 hockey players are already a couple or more years older than their fellow students when they arrive on campus.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                                Real bummer for TvR; may he make a full recovery and come back even stronger in pursuit of a NHL career. One irony is that a lot of collegiate athletes leave school early in part to avoid risk of injury before they have a chance to pursue a professional career. But, I wonder if that extra year or two at Div 1 might make them stronger emotionally and physically before going pro? Yes, I realize that most collegiate Div 1 hockey players are already a couple or more years older than their fellow students when they arrive on campus.
                                Was actually watching the game and you could see the pain he was in right away... Guess injury is part of the game, sigh. Being the selfish lot we are yeah wish he had stayed but some birds aren't meant to be caged. (Shawshank reference😉 )
                                Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Working...
                                X