Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Wildcats 2014/2015 - Wait 'Til Next Year!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2014/2015 - Wait 'Til Next Year!!!

TRIVIA QUESTION: Name the only two NHL players in history to exceed a +100 in a single season?

I'll bite with out looking it up...the 'Great One' Gretsky has to be one of 'em?
    Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
      Good points about stats that actually have meaning (and that I understand haha) lol. And thanks for the Quast pov. Yeah I'm happy for Randall too!!! Wasn't the reason NU stayed on the PP after their goal was due to the fact it was a major penalty? Which it was on Correale (I think) from the rule book:

The most serious rules violations result in major penalties, and possibly fines and suspensions. A major penalty lasts for five minutes, and it doesn't end if the team on the power play scores.

Hubby pointed out the NU player got right back into the mix (glad he was ok of course..) As per your score board comment, totally agree. As I mentioned earlier, I'm surprised this didn't come up in any of JM's points in his post game comments (at least, the one's I read). Loved the facebook comment from a UNH fan regarding the scoreboard: "how can we have nice things when we can't take care of crappy things" or something like that. No truer words were ever spoken.
      I happened to capture the penalty to Szmatula and it looks like Grayson Downing may have committed the infraction, not Correale:

http://youtu.be/mZOSLHq1wTo

That would help to explain why, a few minutes later, Downing was boarded hard behind the Northeastern net.
      Last edited by C-H-C; 11-15-2014, 10:47 AM.
      The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

UNH player A scores the go ahead goal in the third.
        UNH player B scores a 'meaningless' ENG goal on an obviously, 'meaningless' SOG.
        Opposing team player scores a desperation goal late in the third.
        Since UNH's ENG was a 'meaningless' goal on a 'meaningless' shot, it should be disallowed.
        Opposing team earns a tie... therefore, no GWG is awarded!

This new rule of course will only apply to SOG and G scored by UNH. All other NCAA rules and stats will remain intact in UNH games.
        'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Anyone notice how I didn't use any smiley's???
          In keeping with the 'Use Smiley and Die' theme, I honor your thread.

Plus... I was serious. wink, wink
          'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by Darius View Post
            Re Casey: I can't help but thinking of this: http://www.unionleader.com/article/2...WS03/120219976, http://www.fosters.com/apps/pbcs.dll...S_01/702149942 which I've previously referenced. I was introduced to Jerome before the incident, we chatted briefly. He was polite, respectful, quiet, unassuming and seemed intelligent. I was saddened to read of the incident, initially surprised, but as with Casey kids and alcohol.... I don't know Jerome's current situation, but this incident for which he was found not guilty turned his life upside down at least for a while.
            Not to drag this out much longer, but I feel a counterpoint is in order here ...

* In JeRome Wilkins' case, there seems to have been agreement there was a sexual encounter, but there was a huge question about whether the act was consensual. We've seen this many times before, and for obvious reasons, it's not a bad idea to withhold judgment until all of the facts come out.

* With our esteemed goalie-on-leave (or EGOL; trying to be nice), there will be witnesses and evidence that support the female victim being “thrown to the ground, jumped on top of, and repeatedly punched and spat upon.” Afterwards, our EGOL “appeared intoxicated when police arrived, and resisted arrest after being taken to Wentworth-Douglass Hospital." The police also found physical evidence on the victim’s body. Even reading this evidence in the most favorable manner to the EGOL - you know, the police making up stories, and the throwing and jumping bits *just* being good ol' collegiate *enthusiasm* - I daresay it's safe to assume the female victim did NOT consent to being punched and/or spat upon. Which is cretinous enough by my standards to kick EGOL out of the program.

If this offends some PC sensibilities out there, then so be it. I'm sure the EGOL's family is devastated by this turn of events, and I do have some sympathy for their situation. This clearly wasn't part of their plan. But if you are a parent of the female victim, what would your reaction be to the whole situation? Are you gonna give EGOL the benefit of the doubt? Just "kids being kids" (though EGOL is 23 years old and very much an adult)?? A D-1 male athlete physically accosting a female AND law enforcement on the same evening is not anywhere near the top of my list of those deserving of sympathy, or of the "benefit of the doubt".

I'll continue this further IF engaged on it, but I've said my piece. From now on it will be EGOL instead of "assailant".
            Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
            Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

TRIVIA QUESTION: Name the only two NHL players in history to exceed a +100 in a single season?

I'll bite with out looking it up...the 'Great One' Gretsky has to be one of 'em?
              Nope. He came close a couple of times, but not quite.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                UNH player A scores the go ahead goal in the third.
                UNH player B scores a 'meaningless' ENG goal on an obviously, 'meaningless' SOG.
                Opposing team player scores a desperation goal late in the third.
                Since UNH's ENG was a 'meaningless' goal on a 'meaningless' shot, it should be disallowed.
                Opposing team earns a tie... therefore, no GWG is awarded!

This new rule of course will only apply to SOG and G scored by UNH. All other NCAA rules and stats will remain intact in UNH games.
                Sarcasm received, loud and clear, smiley-free.

FWIW, the UNH ENG was not "meaningless" - just not my definition of what a GWG should be.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                  Sarcasm received, loud and clear, smiley-free.

Comment

• Originally posted by C-H-C View Post
                    I happened to capture the penalty to Szmatula and it looks like Grayson Downing may have committed the infraction, not Correale:

http://youtu.be/mZOSLHq1wTo

That would help to explain why, a few minutes later, Downing was boarded hard behind the Northeastern net.
                    Thanks for the clarification C-H-C... And oh yes...we saw that hit on Downing loud and clear from where we sit!!!
                    Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Thanks for the clarification C-H-C... And oh yes...we saw that hit on Downing loud and clear from where we sit!!!
                      After seeing the contact to Szmatula in slow motion, I can see why Correale was penalized, not Downing:

http://youtu.be/7HxQBBSYCP4
                      The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                        Nope. He came close a couple of times, but not quite.
                        Ok...the answer then? Last shot: Esposito/Lemieux? Uncle!

And, they call him 'Travis'

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2014/11/...is-name-known/
                        Last edited by HockeyRef; 11-15-2014, 01:01 PM.
                        Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

• Originally posted by C-H-C View Post
                          After seeing the contact to Szmatula in slow motion, I can see why Correale was penalized, not Downing:

http://youtu.be/7HxQBBSYCP4
                          Sounds like they moved the production line for the Dairy Bar inside the Whitt last night.
                          Signature line intentionally left blank.

Comment

Ok...the answer then? Last shot: Esposito/Lemieux? Uncle!
                            Bobby Orr posted a +124 for the Bruins in 1970/1971. Orr actually led the NHL in 6 out of his last 7 full seasons in Boston, including his last two seasons, which were a modest +84 and a +80, playing on a pair of shot knees. Greatest. Player. Ever.

Larry Robinson posted a +120 for the Canadiens in 1976/1977.

Wayne Gretzky's highest plus/minus was a +98 in 1984/1985, which looks to be #3 all-time. Mario Lemieux's best ever was +55 in 1992/1993.

To put it all in perspective ... in recent years, the players with the top plus/minus figures have mostly been in the +30's. The best NHL plus/minus in the last 25 years was Vladimir Konstantinov (DRW) at +60 in 1995/1996.

Bruins have posted the best NHL plus/minus in 4 out of the last 6 seasons (Krejci has won twice).

Comment

You guys were right Matthews is a great arena! Clark doing very well so far...Chuck thanks for the info should have guessed Orr...Carry On 'Cats!
                              Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Adam Clark played the game of his young UNH career tonite folks...NU came to win this in their barn and that's what they did. The good thing is the 'Cats played hard throughout the game unlike last nite's second period. Our youth shows on D (tell me you've heard this one) but darn if I'm going to criticize. Well back at it with PC next week. Onward 'Cats!
                                Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Working...
                                X