Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Wildcats 2014/2015 - Wait 'Til Next Year!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UNH Wildcats 2014/2015 - Wait 'Til Next Year!!!

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
    Ditto! All I know is we have Tix to the Union game so it's full steam ahead! Drop the puck and Let's Go 'Cats!!
    Road trip huh? Have fun
    GO BLUE/GO UNH

COLLEGE HOCKEY RULES

Comment

Originally posted by e.cat View Post
      Road trip huh? Have fun
      Yeah sort of! Am normally 5 hrs away from UC but am officiating at Keene State that day and the trip from there is only 2 soooo.....road trip it is!
      Let's Go SouzaCats!

Comment

"UNH Freshman Michael McNicholas: A Skilled Playmaker"
        Includes video highlights.
        The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

best wishes to our UNH Women's team who open a new chapter today in Maine...Go 'Cats!
          Much more envious of the new chapter the Merrimack women are putting together - Erin Whitten-Hamlen (UNH '93), Kasey Bellamy (UNH '09); why can't we put together a coaching staff like that?
          "...On To Victory, Forever Blue & White..."
          Men's Hockey

ECAC Regular Season: 1 • ECAC Tournament: 1 • Hockey East Regular Season: 8 • Hockey East Tournament: 2
          NCAA Appearances: 22 • Frozen Fours: 7 • 1999 & 2003 NCAA Runner Up

Women's Hockey
          EAIAW Champions: 4 • ECAC Regular Season: 3 • ECAC Tournament: 5 • Hockey East Regular Season: 6 • Hockey East Tournament: 4
          AWCHA Final Fours: 2 • NCAA Appearances: 5 • Frozen Fours: 2 • 1999 Runner Up
          1998 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

Comment

Ten to watch: Meet some of college hockey’s impact defensemen for 2014-15
            http://www.uscho.com/2014/10/01/ten-...#ixzz3Eu72sOJp

Brett Pesce, New Hampshire junior: Last year saw an uptick in Pesce’s goal production, with seven tallies (he had just one as a freshman). One of those was the series clincher in the Hockey East quarterfinal against Northeastern.

Pesce, a Carolina third-round pick, will be a horse on the UNH blue line again, making his presence felt in all three zones.

Noah Hanifin, Boston College freshman is compared to Chris Chelios.
            Last edited by Darius; 10-01-2014, 04:54 PM.
            I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

Originally posted by Darius View Post
              Noah Hanifin, Boston College freshman is compared to Chris Chelios!
              Didn't realize the NCAA allowed 55 year old freshmen.

Yes, Pesce will be relied upon heavily to carry the load back on the blue line this season. I think he will be up to the challenge, but I'm concerned about how the rest of the defensemen (and goalies) will handle their shares of the load.

If this part of the team overachieves, it could make what promises to be an interesting season even more interesting. Let's hope.
              Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
              Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Ten to watch: Meet some of college hockey’s impact defensemen for 2014-15
                http://www.uscho.com/2014/10/01/ten-...#ixzz3Eu72sOJp

Brett Pesce, New Hampshire junior: Last year saw an uptick in Pesce’s goal production, with seven tallies (he had just one as a freshman). One of those was the series clincher in the Hockey East quarterfinal against Northeastern.

Pesce, a Carolina third-round pick, will be a horse on the UNH blue line again, making his presence felt in all three zones.

Noah Hanifin, Boston College freshman is compared to Chris Chelios!
                Good to see Brett getting some much deserved recognition..he came into his own last season when we lost TvR and he will of course bear the defensive brunt this year! Here's hoping he has a great year. Just whining they couldn't find a better pic 3 days to puck drop!!
                Let's Go SouzaCats!

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef
                  Sigh...your guess is as good as mine! On a side note here's a lil story about Saturdays exhibition:

http:// http://www.unhwildcats.com/sports/bl...15/releases/39

Can someone explain to me what it's meant by Umille conducts his first official practice? Must be an NCAA thing..
                  http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/...caa-manual.pdf

Page 264: 17.12.2 Preseason Practice. In men’s ice hockey, an institution shall not commence practice sessions prior
                  to the Saturday of the 25th full weekend prior to the start of the NCAA Division I Men’s Ice Hockey Championship.
                  In women’s ice hockey, an institution shall not commence practice sessions prior to the Saturday of the 25th
                  full weekend prior to the start of the National Collegiate Women’s Ice Hockey Championship. (Revised: 1/10/91
                  effective 8/1/91, 1/14/97 effective 8/1/97, 11/1/01 effective 8/1/04, 3/16/07)

Comment

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/...caa-manual.pdf

Page 264: 17.12.2 Preseason Practice. In men’s ice hockey, an institution shall not commence practice sessions prior
                    to the Saturday of the 25th full weekend prior to the start of the NCAA Division I Men’s Ice Hockey Championship.
                    In women’s ice hockey, an institution shall not commence practice sessions prior to the Saturday of the 25th
                    full weekend prior to the start of the National Collegiate Women’s Ice Hockey Championship. (Revised: 1/10/91
                    effective 8/1/91, 1/14/97 effective 8/1/97, 11/1/01 effective 8/1/04, 3/16/07)
                    Thanks! Figured as much..
                    Let's Go SouzaCats!

Comment

"UNH Freshman Andrew Poturalski: A Natural Scorer"
                      Includes video highlights.
                      The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

Thanks! Figured as much..
                        There are semantic work arounds. "Captain's Practices" can be held before this date. I recall that coaches are not supposed to attend. One of the Boston TV stations recently aired video of the Eagles on the ice with Coach York so there are other ways. "Meeting". "Organized Team Activity" (NFL).

Comment

There are semantic work arounds. "Captain's Practices" can be held before this date. I recall that coaches are not supposed to attend. One of the Boston TV stations recently aired video of the Eagles on the ice with Coach York so there are other ways. "Meeting". "Organized Team Activity" (NFL).
                          "Dry land training" was another semantic work-around IIRC.
                          Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                          Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Great observation Cloud9!! Erin and Kacey will have MC in the Hockey East playoffs in short order! As a point of order though, as everyone posting pretty much is in agreement to sitting back and enjoying a young teams development as the year progresses, come and watch how the new coach of the women's team, Hilary Witt, and assistants Bill Bowes and Steph Jones, do the same with a women's roster with 10 new players! Patience and excitement this year at Lake Whitt.....

Comment

A few days prior to official practice coaches are allowed on the ice for "skill instruction" without pucks, and with a maximum of four players at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by Hux View Post
                                A few days prior to official practice coaches are allowed on the ice for "skill instruction" without pucks, and with a maximum of four players at a time.
                                All pretty funny. So, no pucks more than 25 weeks per year, for teams that make the Frozen Four, 23 weeks for teams that make the NCAAs, and 20-21 weeks for teams that do not make their conference tournaments?
                                Last edited by Snively65; 10-01-2014, 09:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X