Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Wildcats 2014/2015 - Wait 'Til Next Year!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
    Ok, Chuck, HR, Darius, wildcatdc, and e.cat, no more smiley faces.
    Ok ok...but only for you Snively65😄😄😄
    I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
      Hard-core analysis from here on out!!! God forbid that a team's thread include some positive thinking (if only to offset the thread's title).

Is it okay to underline words? Ya know, they teach you how to underline in college!!
      Signature line intentionally left blank.

Comment

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2014/2015 - Wait 'Til Next Year!!!

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
        Yup!

Do we have to send our posts to NB for approval prior to hitting the submit button?
        UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

I think y'all oughta just carry on as usual.
          One person out of 100 at the club likes his steak well done and everybody at the club has to eat their steak well done?
          That's BS. I like my steak rare so that one person can kizz my azz.
          Just throw the sumabeetch outa the club so everyone can Live Free or Die.
          'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

All the more reason to trash verbal commits.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
              I think y'all oughta just carry on as usual.
              One person out of 100 at the club likes his steak well done and everybody at the club has to eat their steak well done?
              That's BS. I like my steak rare so that one person can kizz my azz.
              Just throw the sumabeetch outa the club so everyone can Live Free or Die.
              Ya. That's what I was thinking too

*** is a sumbiatch?

Comment

OK. Warning: a significant % of what I write is in jest ().
                I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

Perhaps a smiley face comes close to being an adjective?

"An adjective habit, or a wordy, diffuse, flowery habit, once fastened upon a person, is as hard to get rid of as any other vice."
                  Mark Twain

Comment

Not trying to be melodramatic, but thoughts go out to our Canadian guys. Senseless BS.
                    Signature line intentionally left blank.

Comment

Originally posted by wildcatdc View Post
                      Not trying to be melodramatic, but thoughts go out to our Canadian guys. Senseless BS.
                      Diddo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aerman View Post
                        I like this thinking, keep NH kids in NH. I hated seeing Rhealt (sp?) down at Proviced (my daughter played with his sisters). In theory they try to do this with the smart kids (am I allowed to say that at the risk of damaging the psyches of the "less" smart kids?) with their valedictorians scholarship program. Too bad they don't actually fund it.
                        Well, you will be happy to know that Jenna has committed to the women's team for next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Ned Braden View Post
                          This thread is becoming unreadable. So many posts are either cheer leading or troll feeding.

Sorry if I sound like an old fart, I could just do without all the smiley faces and "Go get 'em boys" after every comment.

Oh yeah, and nice result this weekend. Don't think too many of us would have predicted that.
                          No more smiley faces? That's disappointing. Whatever shall I do now?

Honestly and truly, for what it's worth, I do think the Nedster has a point here. Just a *wee* bit too cheerleader-ish (and I'll take some of the responsibility as well). I'm not very optimistic about the postseason outlook for this season, but I don't want to be too much of a downer and I'm honestly truly hoping to be proven wrong. Nothing makes me happier than a UNH win oops, scrub that.

I suspect there will be more balanced and insightful discussion once many of us see the team live at The Whitt. I know there is a big cross-section of our posters who worship at the throne of SOG's but I for one want (and need) to see more than box scores, video highlights and audio narrative before I start airing out opinions on individual players, lines/pairings, how Coach is running things, etc.

It's definitely a season unlike any other in recent UNH memory. It was already going to be a rebuild, and then when the assailant got his a$$ booted over the Labor Day weekend, it went to almost a "reboot" (if that makes sense?). In some ways, I'm sure while it will cost UNH a few results over the short run this season, it strangely may end up being for the best in the long run for a majority of the players who will be here for at least the next 3 seasons. Arguably even for a kid like Pesce, he is now without question the leader of the defense, and won't have to battle with the assailant to be the team's vocal leader in the d-zone. How's that for a silver lining?
                          Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                          Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                            No more smiley faces? That's disappointing. Whatever shall I do now?

Honestly and truly, for what it's worth, I do think the Nedster has a point here. Just a *wee* bit too cheerleader-ish (and I'll take some of the responsibility as well). I'm not very optimistic about the postseason outlook for this season, but I don't want to be too much of a downer and I'm honestly truly hoping to be proven wrong. Nothing makes me happier than a UNH win oops, scrub that.

I suspect there will be more balanced and insightful discussion once many of us see the team live at The Whitt. I know there is a big cross-section of our posters who worship at the throne of SOG's but I for one want (and need) to see more than box scores, video highlights and audio narrative before I start airing out opinions on individual players, lines/pairings, how Coach is running things, etc.

It's definitely a season unlike any other in recent UNH memory. It was already going to be a rebuild, and then when the assailant got his a$$ booted over the Labor Day weekend, it went to almost a "reboot" (if that makes sense?). In some ways, I'm sure while it will cost UNH a few results over the short run this season, it strangely may end up being for the best in the long run for a majority of the players who will be here for at least the next 3 seasons. Arguably even for a kid like Pesce, he is now without question the leader of the defense, and won't have to battle with the assailant to be the team's vocal leader in the d-zone. How's that for a silver lining?
                            Well there's no question I cheerlead more than most as it's been pointed out on more than one occasion. Agree that there will be plenty to talk about once things get truly rolling in Durham as you pointed out. I think that with the situation the way it started out, never mind the issue of the goal keeper, we are hopeful and grateful for almost any positive that comes our way. The teams effort over the weekend was better than expected; hopefully it keeps up and we develop as the season goes along. Keep on trucking everyone; I truly enjoy the dialog (and learn a ton from you all) Promise to keep the pom poms at bay...for now.
                            I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

Last time I checked the first amendment was still in effect. Cheer-lead on, Ref.

Comment

So far, Chuck is 1-2 in G vs SOG Dept, although I would accept the second Michigan game being a wash, which would make Chuck 1-1-1 (no smiley face, but big grin would be ok?).

Comment

Working...
                                X