Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Wildcats 2014/2015 - Wait 'Til Next Year!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: UNH Wildcats 2014/2015 - Wait 'Til Next Year!!!

    This is a great win tonight, and gives hope that even if it's a down year, maybe it'll be an exciting one. At the same time it's important to remember that this early in the year you can't get too high or too low after any given game. We don't know what teams are beyond mere predictions which are usually pretty meaningless. Enjoy the win, see how the team reacts tomorrow, but keep everything in perspective, there's still a long way to go this season.

    All that aside it was great to see the freshmen contribute, lets hope they continue to develop well and we're at the start of a 4 year period that could turn this team around.

    Comment


    • Re: UNH Wildcats 2014/2015 - Wait 'Til Next Year!!!

      Gotta say I got goosebumps while listening on the radio on the way home tonight ... early second period, first career D-1 goal for Yzer ... oops, Eiserman. Old habits die hard, and being perhaps Stevie Y's biggest fan in these here parts, I can only regret that Shane's parents weren't considerate enough to just go all the way and name him Stevie as well. It's been about a decade since the last time I heard an Yzerman goal call, I think I can get used to this all over again. Now, can we just get him into #19 next season??

      Putting aside all my gibberish on my new favorite player, this was a nice early season win, and should build some belief among the young'uns that this D-1 thingie is more than do-able. Tomorrow night, we're officially playing with house money.
      Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
      Montreal Expos Forever ...

      Comment


      • Re: UNH Wildcats 2014/2015 - Wait 'Til Next Year!!!

        "UNH Spoils Michigan Home-Opener 5-1"
        Includes video highlights.
        The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

        Comment


        • Re: UNH Wildcats 2014/2015 - Wait 'Til Next Year!!!

          Originally posted by C-H-C View Post
          "UNH Spoils Michigan Home-Opener 5-1"
          Includes video highlights.
          I had to laugh at some of the predictions prior to this game...I suspect mostly from people who didn't see any of the Union game. The team that played that night, and presumably tonight as well, is capable of beating anyone in the country on any given day.

          As with any young team, there is going to be inconsistency and there are going to be the ol' *** games along the way...but if the goaltending holds up and the team can stay healthy, there is talent on the roster that will be difficult to play against, and any given night could be a big win.

          Do I expect them to win HE or make the NCAA's? No, but I think the predictions of their demise are very premature, and if they got hot at the right time, who knows?

          Comment


          • Re: UNH Wildcats 2014/2015 - Wait 'Til Next Year!!!

            Originally posted by e.cat View Post
            5-0 UNH. I think it's safe to say now that our beloved Cats can put the puck in the net. Of course SOG played a major part
            Don't get too excited. 5 goals on 35 shots?!?!? Pffft... you got nuthin til you can put up 5 on 4 SOG.

            P.S. Good win Cats.
            'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

            Comment


            • Re: UNH Wildcats 2014/2015 - Wait 'Til Next Year!!!

              Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
              Don't get too excited. 5 goals on 35 shots?!?!? Pffft... you got nuthin til you can put up 5 on 4 SOG.

              P.S. Good win Cats.
              I'll never forget when my oldest son was playing up in Montreal in a tournament, one of his teammates put in a wicked slappah. The only problem was that he put it in his net against his own goalie!! It was a great shot though. He roofed it, nuthin but net☺ Perfect example of a score without an SOG!

              "Stay thirsty my friend"☺
              GO BLUE/GO UNH

              COLLEGE HOCKEY RULES

              Comment


              • Re: UNH Wildcats 2014/2015 - Wait 'Til Next Year!!!

                Originally posted by C-H-C View Post
                "UNH Spoils Michigan Home-Opener 5-1"
                Includes video highlights.
                Thanks Mike. First win at Yost huh.? That pretty cool!
                GO BLUE/GO UNH

                COLLEGE HOCKEY RULES

                Comment


                • Originally posted by e.cat View Post
                  Thanks Mike. First win at Yost huh.? That pretty cool!
                  That is not entirely true… UNH destroyed Colgate at Yost Arena back in 2000 during the icebreaker tournament

                  Comment


                  • Re: UNH Wildcats 2014/2015 - Wait 'Til Next Year!!!

                    Originally posted by WIrinkrat View Post
                    I had to laugh at some of the predictions prior to this game...I suspect mostly from people who didn't see any of the Union game. The team that played that night, and presumably tonight as well, is capable of beating anyone in the country on any given day.

                    As with any young team, there is going to be inconsistency and there are going to be the ol' *** games along the way...but if the goaltending holds up and the team can stay healthy, there is talent on the roster that will be difficult to play against, and any given night could be a big win.

                    Do I expect them to win HE or make the NCAA's? No, but I think the predictions of their demise are very premature, and if they got hot at the right time, who knows?
                    Excellent perspectives from you veteran 'Cat fans! Totally agree; could see it in the Union game that there's some major potential out there...let's see what they do tonight. It's a young season but I do think we'll have some great moments along the way..and of course, not so great moments. Keeping it real..'Onward 'Cats!

                    From the MI GoBlue website:

                    http://www.mgoblue.com/sports/m-hock...101714aaa.html
                    Last edited by HockeyRef; 10-18-2014, 07:28 AM.
                    Let's Go SouzaCats!

                    Comment


                    • Re: UNH Wildcats 2014/2015 - Wait 'Til Next Year!!!

                      Huge win for this team. On the road in a hostile environment against a top 10 opponent. Can anyone recall the last time 2 UNH Freshman scored in the same game?

                      Comment


                      • Re: UNH Wildcats 2014/2015 - Wait 'Til Next Year!!!

                        Originally posted by WIrinkrat View Post
                        That is not entirely true… UNH destroyed Colgate at Yost Arena back in 2000 during the icebreaker tournament
                        Thanks for that point of clarification WIrinkrat. So first win versus Michigan at Yost then. We'll take it though, right? BTW you have been putting up some very good posts. Just thought you might like some good feedback
                        GO BLUE/GO UNH

                        COLLEGE HOCKEY RULES

                        Comment


                        • Re: UNH Wildcats 2014/2015 - Wait 'Til Next Year!!!

                          I wish one of those crack reporters out there covering the game would put up on Youtube some post game interviews. It would be interesting to hear Red's take on last night.

                          Oh wait! Sorry Ref looks like you got something from the Mich page. Thanks
                          Last edited by e.cat; 10-18-2014, 08:54 AM.
                          GO BLUE/GO UNH

                          COLLEGE HOCKEY RULES

                          Comment


                          • Re: UNH Wildcats 2014/2015 - Wait 'Til Next Year!!!

                            Originally posted by Dropkicknh View Post
                            This is a great win tonight, and gives hope that even if it's a down year, maybe it'll be an exciting one. At the same time it's important to remember that this early in the year you can't get too high or too low after any given game. We don't know what teams are beyond mere predictions which are usually pretty meaningless. Enjoy the win, see how the team reacts tomorrow, but keep everything in perspective, there's still a long way to go this season.

                            All that aside it was great to see the freshmen contribute, lets hope they continue to develop well and we're at the start of a 4 year period that could turn this team around.
                            Michigan: 8 Freshman, 9 Sophomores, 4 Juniors, 6 Seniors.

                            Nice win for the 'cats.
                            Last edited by Darius; 10-18-2014, 09:04 AM.
                            I will not be out cheered in my own building.

                            Comment


                            • Re: UNH Wildcats 2014/2015 - Wait 'Til Next Year!!!

                              Poturalski is a sleeper in your freshman class. I watched him from 2 years in Cedar Rapids and his Hockey IQ is off the charts and the 2nd year he spent in the USHL will make his jump to NCAA hockey that much easier. Great kid and will be a great 4 year player for you.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by HockeyRef
                                Dylan Chanter gets a chance tonight as Warren Foegele is out with an injury as per tonight's line charts. Go 'Cats!!!! I imagine MI will come out swinging...will be interesting to see how we respond!
                                Do we know the injury?
                                Signature line intentionally left blank.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X