Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brown @ SCSU Jan 2&3: Brown vs. Bored of Education (thank you Jase Weslosky)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Brown @ SCSU Jan 2&3: Brown vs. Bored of Education (thank you Jase Weslosky)

Originally posted by Humanoid View Post

I've seen some quality insults hurled at Brown, but there are other ones that are just dumb and stupid. I guess the UPS jokes are just overkill at this point because its blatantly obvious. Ha ha - we get it already. brown...ups...yup. Gotcha. Same way with poop - a couple years ago, Cornell fans chanted "poop is brown." It wouldn't have been funny, except that like 150 people behind the Brown goalie in the student section were doing it. So large scale was kinda funny, but it was still ike "Yeah..okay..we get it. Hardy har har."

And probably a season later at Yale, members of the football team ran the concourse at the Yale Whale chanting "What's the color of s--t? BROWN". That was pretty stupid too since it was caught by the announcers microphones and broadcast over the game.

Unfortunately, and I don't direct this at anyone on this thread at all even though it's going to come across that way, any fan that feels the urge to dump all over an opponent instead of feverishly cheering for their team is a bad fan. Call me a stereotypical sportsmanship advertisement, but I can never endorse someone who rips on a school in a joking fashion. It's just not right.
    Hehe... hehe... he said "dump."
    tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Re: Brown @ SCSU Jan 2&3: Brown vs. Bored of Education (thank you Jase Weslosky)

Originally posted by The Boomer View Post
      And if the idiot that grabbed Chris Hepp's face mask has any brains at all, he really should be grabbing someone else's mask tomorrow night. He was lucky Hepp didn't get around the linesman because he would have packaged Volpatti's sorry behind and sent it back to the East.
      Yeah Hepp isn't someone I would mess with..probably the second scariest player for SCSU, after Marvin of course!

Comment

Sorry, hockey talk here. What's this "EAG" marker? Is it an extra attacker on the ice? As in, there was a delayed penalty and the goal was scored prior to Brown getting their ugly jerseys on the puck?

Third Period:
        Garrett Roe (Brett Barta, Ryan Lasch) EAG 12:24
        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Once again I agree with boomer. The Huskies had the better of the play in the first and third period and played like crap in the second. I don't know why this team has problems playing three good periods of hockey, but if they do that against good teams they get killed(i.e. the 2nd CC game).

As for the announcers. The SCSU radio guys always show the other team respect and I think that is classy. Other announcers for other teams in this state show very little class so I am glad they give the other credit even if they don't deserve it. I am not sure what the TV guys are like since I am always at the games.
          I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
            Sorry, hockey talk here. What's this "EAG" marker? Is it an extra attacker on the ice? As in, there was a delayed penalty and the goal was scored prior to Brown getting their ugly jerseys on the puck?

Third Period:
            Garrett Roe (Brett Barta, Ryan Lasch) EAG 12:24
            Correct, there was a delayed penalty at the time.
            I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

[QUOTE=Humanoid;4541745]
              Originally posted by Skeeterman View Post

I've seen some quality insults hurled at Brown, but there are other ones that are just dumb and stupid. I guess the UPS jokes are just overkill at this point because its blatantly obvious. Ha ha - we get it already. brown...ups...yup. Gotcha. Same way with poop - a couple years ago, Cornell fans chanted "poop is brown." It wouldn't have been funny, except that like 150 people behind the Brown goalie in the student section were doing it. So large scale was kinda funny, but it was still ike "Yeah..okay..we get it. Hardy har har."

And probably a season later at Yale, members of the football team ran the concourse at the Yale Whale chanting "What's the color of s--t? BROWN". That was pretty stupid too since it was caught by the announcers microphones and broadcast over the game.

Unfortunately, and I don't direct this at anyone on this thread at all even though it's going to come across that way, any fan that feels the urge to dump all over an opponent instead of feverishly cheering for their team is a bad fan. Call me a stereotypical sportsmanship advertisement, but I can never endorse someone who rips on a school in a joking fashion. It's just not right.
              Sounds like you have a mouth full of Brown.
              Bob is making me concerned
              I am the voice of reason

Comment

Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
                As for the announcers. The SCSU radio guys always show the other team respect and I think that is classy. Other announcers for other teams in this state show very little class so I am glad they give the other credit even if they don't deserve it. I am not sure what the TV guys are like since I am always at the games.
                Oh, don't get me wrong- they were very classy and gracious, and while they didn't call the best game ever, they certainly didn't dismiss Brown from the get-go and criticize SCSU for not winning by even more, which I have seen many announcers do. I just disagree that we played well. We definitely played hard, and it wasn't a lack of effort that killed us. But there is a difference between playing hard and playing well. Usually, we do both. Last night, we only did the former.

Comment

Brown was clearly the #2 team at the Hockey Center last night.
                  St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
                    Brown was clearly the #2 team at the Hockey Center last night.
                    As well as tonight. Flush 'em down for the sweep.

Comment

• Re: Brown @ SCSU Jan 2&3: Brown vs. Bored of Education (thank you Jase Weslosky)

Originally posted by Husckey Domi Nation View Post
                      As well as tonight. Flush 'em down for the sweep.
                      Would it be safe to say that we wiped the floor with them?

We pushed and pushed and pushed...but we didn't strain ourselves.
                      St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

• Re: Brown @ SCSU Jan 2&3: Brown vs. Bored of Education (thank you Jase Weslosky)

That was closer than it should have been.
                        I'd like to know what Dunn was thinking on his clear/flop play.
                        "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                        -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                        Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                        Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                        Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                        Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

I think this might've been the only series this year that I completely missed; didn't see a minute, didn't listen to a minute, so what can everyone tell me that the box scores can't?

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
                            Would it be safe to say that we wiped the floor with them?

We pushed and pushed and pushed...but we didn't strain ourselves.
                            Sounds like you squeezed out a sweep. Time to relax on the Davenport and enjoy the wins.
                            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

I was much more pleased with our (Brown's) effort on Sunday. SCSU is, of course, far more talented, so I was never expecting a win. However yesterday's performance was more like what I expected to see in both games.

Cheers to the SCSU fans, who seem classy enough, and good luck with your season!

Comment

Originally posted by kdiff77 View Post
                                Cheers to the SCSU fans, who seem classy enough, and good luck with your season!
                                Classy enough? Wait... for us that's actually a compliment!

Good luck to you guys too... I really don't care if you do well, but gotta help our PWR, right?

Comment

Working...
                                X