Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brown @ SCSU Jan 2&3: Brown vs. Bored of Education (thank you Jase Weslosky)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Brown @ SCSU Jan 2&3: Brown vs. Bored of Education (thank you Jase Weslosky)

Brown is the color of dirt potty.
    Bob is making me concerned
    I am the voice of reason

Comment

Re: Brown @ SCSU Jan 2&3: Brown vs. Bored of Education (thank you Jase Weslosky)

Originally posted by Skeeterman View Post
      Brown is the color of dirt potty.
      Not one person* has ever thought of that super-witty remark before! You're amazing!

*Assuming, of course, that we are talking about people under the age of 6.

Comment

Originally posted by kdiff77 View Post
        Not one person* has ever thought of that super-witty remark before! You're amazing!

*Assuming, of course, that we are talking about people under the age of 6.
        You should get past that, Skeets is good **** and doesn't mean anything by it, he's just having some fun.

I was gonna go to the Sunday game when I thought it was an afternoon game, bring the girl, her cousins and my little brother, but turns outs its at 6, not 2, and that's way too late to get my brother home on a school night, so it'll be one of the MTU games instead.
        tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Any Brown fans making the trip? What can we say about Brown? I don't know Brown from Shinola. I don't know Jack Brown. I must have Brown for brains. But it's pretty clear that if our Huskies don't come out with intensity, we'll be up Brown Creek without a paddle.

Besides, what has Brown done for me? Does UPS pick up at Brown?

I'm here to help.
          I am the voice of reason

Comment

So this is a Saturday/Sunday series?

Comment

Originally posted by Skeeterman View Post
              Besides, what has Brown done for me? Does UPS pick up at Brown?
              A couple years ago, some Dartmouth fans made a huge sign that said "What can Brown do for us? NOTHING!" to Brown Stadium for a football game. We proceeded to run up 56 points on them.

So if you want to kick-start the hockey team, I would suggest making a similar sign this weekend (please?).

Comment

A couple years ago, some Dartmouth fans made a huge sign that said "What can Brown do for us? NOTHING!" to Brown Stadium for a football game. We proceeded to run up 56 points on them.

So if you want to kick-start the hockey team, I would suggest making a similar sign this weekend (please?).
                UPS jokes get the team pumped up?

Comment

Originally posted by The Paragon of Virtue View Post
                  UPS jokes get the team pumped up?
                  I'd imagine anything other than poop jokes would get them pumped up.
                  tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

[QUOTE=SCSU Euro;4539743]You should get past that, Skeets is good **** and doesn't mean anything by it, he's just having some fun.

At least Euro understands things.

Eat Brown!!
                    I am the voice of reason

Comment

[QUOTE=Skeeterman;4541614]
                      Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                      You should get past that, Skeets is good **** and doesn't mean anything by it, he's just having some fun.

At least Euro understands things.

Eat Brown!!
                      I've seen some quality insults hurled at Brown, but there are other ones that are just dumb and stupid. I guess the UPS jokes are just overkill at this point because its blatantly obvious. Ha ha - we get it already. brown...ups...yup. Gotcha. Same way with poop - a couple years ago, Cornell fans chanted "poop is brown." It wouldn't have been funny, except that like 150 people behind the Brown goalie in the student section were doing it. So large scale was kinda funny, but it was still ike "Yeah..okay..we get it. Hardy har har."

And probably a season later at Yale, members of the football team ran the concourse at the Yale Whale chanting "What's the color of s--t? BROWN". That was pretty stupid too since it was caught by the announcers microphones and broadcast over the game.

Unfortunately, and I don't direct this at anyone on this thread at all even though it's going to come across that way, any fan that feels the urge to dump all over an opponent instead of feverishly cheering for their team is a bad fan. Call me a stereotypical sportsmanship advertisement, but I can never endorse someone who rips on a school in a joking fashion. It's just not right.
                      Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose.

STAY UP #94 #58

Comment

Originally posted by Humanoid View Post

I've seen some quality insults hurled at Brown, but there are other ones that are just dumb and stupid. I guess the UPS jokes are just overkill at this point because its blatantly obvious. Ha ha - we get it already. brown...ups...yup. Gotcha. Same way with poop - a couple years ago, Cornell fans chanted "poop is brown." It wouldn't have been funny, except that like 150 people behind the Brown goalie in the student section were doing it. So large scale was kinda funny, but it was still ike "Yeah..okay..we get it. Hardy har har."

And probably a season later at Yale, members of the football team ran the concourse at the Yale Whale chanting "What's the color of s--t? BROWN". That was pretty stupid too since it was caught by the announcers microphones and broadcast over the game.

Unfortunately, and I don't direct this at anyone on this thread at all even though it's going to come across that way, any fan that feels the urge to dump all over an opponent instead of feverishly cheering for their team is a bad fan. Call me a stereotypical sportsmanship advertisement, but I can never endorse someone who rips on a school in a joking fashion. It's just not right.
                        You, sir, are getting way too worked up. It's all tongue-in-cheek.
                        St. Cloud State University - Stearns County's Pride On Ice

Comment

I could see how 150 kids chanting "poop is brown" might be funny, but when one guy alone does it? Not so much. It's a little juvenile.

Anyway, good luck tonight! I'll be watching on B2. Hopefully I won't waste $8 like I did a couple of years ago for a playoff game we lost 7-1.

Comment

The SCSU B2 Network announcers kept complimenting Brown and saying that even though it was 5-1, we had played really well and this was a tough game.

That's a load of crap. We played pretty badly tonight. In fact, this may have been one of the worst performances of the season. I don't mean to take anything away from SCSU, who obviously played a great game, but they were certainly aided by our poor play.

My key example is Aaron Volpatti's 10 minute major in the 3rd. Aaron is an enforcer- he hits hard, he doesn't take crap from other players, and he stands up for his guys (which is why he's been Co-Captain for two years). But he rarely loses his temper like that, and he never does stupid things like pick a fight over nothing and then grab a guys face mask. This was a microcosm of the general lack of focus that the team had tonight. Even Clemente was off his game. He could have - nay, should have - stopped at least 2 of the goals (granted, the defensive coverage on all 5 goals was atrocious, but on a good day, Mike Clemente can make some of those saves).

Props to SCSU for coming out with intensity and a good game plan that really inhibited our ability to possess the puck and move it freely, which is our strength. But we can do better. And I hope we will tomorrow, or else that streak last month will look like a flash in the pan (which I hope it wasn't).

Comment

The SCSU B2 Network announcers kept complimenting Brown and saying that even though it was 5-1, we had played really well and this was a tough game.

That's a load of crap. We played pretty badly tonight. In fact, this may have been one of the worst performances of the season. I don't mean to take anything away from SCSU, who obviously played a great game, but they were certainly aided by our poor play.

My key example is Aaron Volpatti's 10 minute major in the 3rd. Aaron is an enforcer- he hits hard, he doesn't take crap from other players, and he stands up for his guys (which is why he's been Co-Captain for two years). But he rarely loses his temper like that, and he never does stupid things like pick a fight over nothing and then grab a guys face mask. This was a microcosm of the general lack of focus that the team had tonight. Even Clemente was off his game. He could have - nay, should have - stopped at least 2 of the goals (granted, the defensive coverage on all 5 goals was atrocious, but on a good day, Mike Clemente can make some of those saves).

Props to SCSU for coming out with intensity and a good game plan that really inhibited our ability to possess the puck and move it freely, which is our strength. But we can do better. And I hope we will tomorrow, or else that streak last month will look like a flash in the pan (which I hope it wasn't).
                              Ummm, I would have to agree with the announcers. SCSU was the more talented team, but for the better part of 2 periods they were outworked. Dunn made a couple of nice saves. Penalties hurt Brown

Comment

I thought the Huskies had the better of the play for the first and third periods, and Brown came out strong for the second period. Dunn played solid, and SCSU (with all new line combos and a good defenseman injured) won the game with better talent.

I would be surprised if SCSU didn't improve its play tomorrow night. So, if Brown did have "one of the worst performances of the season," then tomorrow's rematch should make for a good game.

Or, they get clobbered again.

And if the idiot that grabbed Chris Hepp's face mask has any brains at all, he really should be grabbing someone else's mask tomorrow night. He was lucky Hepp didn't get around the linesman because he would have packaged Volpatti's sorry behind and sent it back to the East.
                                Last edited by The Boomer; 01-03-2010, 12:56 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X