Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brown @ SCSU Jan 2&3: Brown vs. Bored of Education (thank you Jase Weslosky)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Brown @ SCSU Jan 2&3: Brown vs. Bored of Education (thank you Jase Weslosky)

Originally posted by Skeeterman View Post
    so I guess Bruno the bear would be a brown bear, which can also be black. Now I'm confused.
    What I know is that Brown is known as the Bears. Actually, Brown used to be known as the "Bruins" until the early 1980s. Oddly enough, their current hockey home uniforms are black and white, per former coach Roger Grillo's decision. Next season they're going back to Brown's official colors, which are brown, cardinal red and white.

The U of Maine is known as the Black Bears, but oddly they wear blue. Bowdoin College (my undergraduate Alma Mater) is known as the Polar Bears. Their colors are white and black. Evidently there are a lot of "Bears" around the college hockey world.

Comment

Re: Brown @ SCSU Jan 2&3: Brown vs. Bored of Education (thank you Jase Weslosky)

Its almost too much to bear.
      Bob is making me concerned
      I am the voice of reason

Comment

Originally posted by Euler18 View Post
        What I know is that Brown is known as the Bears. Actually, Brown used to be known as the "Bruins" until the early 1980s. Oddly enough, their current hockey home uniforms are black and white, per former coach Roger Grillo's decision. Next season they're going back to Brown's official colors, which are brown, cardinal red and white.

The U of Maine is known as the Black Bears, but oddly they wear blue. Bowdoin College (my undergraduate Alma Mater) is known as the Polar Bears. Their colors are white and black. Evidently there are a lot of "Bears" around the college hockey world.
        Most Used NCAA D-1 Nicknames.
        St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

I think this game will be an interesting case of East vs. West in the US hockey. It seems like due to travel costs, some of the schools on the east do not travel that often to the west to play schools. So a trip to St. Cloud and Minnesota will be a good learning experience for Brown, esp. since in the long run this will not affect their conference standings. It's a good chance to take it to a Western team and see if they can keep momentum going, and it'll be a good litmus test heading into the remainder of the conference schedule.

I know growing up in the midwest and going to Bowling Green, I think I only saw the Beanpot schools once in 4 years. It was always a fun buzz b/c it was a team we'd probably never see again

Now, having moved out East, it's completely different. I know nothing about the western style of play and if it's as different as it used to be from the eastern school of thought.

Does anyone know of any plans to stream the game's video feed from SCSU?
          Conductor of the Bad Team Bandwagon.

Ay Ziggy Zoomba Zoomba Zoomba
          Ay Ziggy Zoomba Zoomba Ze
          Ay Ziggy Zoomba Zoomba Zoomba
          Ay Ziggy Zoomba Zoomba Ze
          Roll along, you B-G warriors
          Roll along, and fight for B-G-S-U.

Comment

Originally posted by Fortune12 View Post
            I think this game will be an interesting case of East vs. West in the US hockey. It seems like due to travel costs, some of the schools on the east do not travel that often to the west to play schools. So a trip to St. Cloud and Minnesota will be a good learning experience for Brown, esp. since in the long run this will not affect their conference standings. It's a good chance to take it to a Western team and see if they can keep momentum going, and it'll be a good litmus test heading into the remainder of the conference schedule.

I know growing up in the midwest and going to Bowling Green, I think I only saw the Beanpot schools once in 4 years. It was always a fun buzz b/c it was a team we'd probably never see again

Now, having moved out East, it's completely different. I know nothing about the western style of play and if it's as different as it used to be from the eastern school of thought.

Does anyone know of any plans to stream the game's video feed from SCSU?
            All SCSU home games are on the B2 network online and charter cable in Minnesota. The crew that does the games are all SCSU students except the play by play guy. I want to say the cost is $6 or $7 a game and I think they have a package deal for both games on a weekend. I have season tickets so I never get the games, but I know the coverage is the same online or on TV.
            I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
              All SCSU home games are on the B2 network online and charter cable in Minnesota. The crew that does the games are all SCSU students except the play by play guy. I want to say the cost is $6 or $7 a game and I think they have a package deal for both games on a weekend. I have season tickets so I never get the games, but I know the coverage is the same online or on TV.
              For those of you that were able to see SCSU home games on tv, how has ex-player Mike Doyle fit in as the color commentator?
              I survived the SCSU E. Coli scare of 2005.

Inventor of the "Mine!" chant.

Signs, Signs every game there's signs:
              I ♥ Lamp!!
              Got Nodl?
              Bow down to Bobby!
              Ooooohhhh! Not just Spanish for rice!

Comment

Originally posted by Icedavis View Post
                For those of you that were able to see SCSU home games on tv, how has ex-player Mike Doyle fit in as the color commentator?
                I know I do want to see a game to see iof he is any good. I wonder if he gets high before he calls games?

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Excellent news! I was hoping SCSU would provide some sort of live media coverage of the games.

Comment

I know I do want to see a game to see iof he is any good. I wonder if he gets high before he calls games?
                    From the little bit I saw before one of the games, he sounded as awesome as he played...

I didn't get to hear him during the game though.

I ♥ Lamp!!
                    Got Nodl?
                    Bow down to Bobby!

Comment

What? One of our former players gets high?
                      Bob is making me concerned
                      I am the voice of reason

Comment

Originally posted by Skeeterman View Post
                        What? One of our former players gets high?
                        one does?

In Bob we Trust!

Comment

Originally posted by Icedavis View Post
                          From the little bit I saw before one of the games, he sounded as awesome as he played...
                          So in other words his commentary was really good for 15 minutes and that set up high hopes and then he sucked for the final 45 minutes of the game?
                          tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                            So in other words his commentary was really good for 15 minutes and that set up high hopes and then he sucked for the final 45 minutes of the game?
                            Close. Your interpretation was for during the game, which I didn't see. I only saw pre-game. So I was thinking more along the lines of...you heard the name, got excited with anticipation, saw him during intros then realized how big of a goof he is and how awful things are going to be.

I ♥ Lamp!!
                            Got Nodl?
                            Bow down to Bobby!

Comment

I could've sworn that the Sunday game in this series was at 2, not 7, but according to uscho its a regular 7:07 puck drop. Did they change it, or did I dream the afternoon game slot?
                              tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                                I could've sworn that the Sunday game in this series was at 2, not 7, but according to uscho its a regular 7:07 puck drop. Did they change it, or did I dream the afternoon game slot?
                                According to our site, both games are at 6.
                                "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                                -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                                Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                                Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                                Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                                Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Working...
                                X