Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brown @ SCSU Jan 2&3: Brown vs. Bored of Education (thank you Jase Weslosky)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Brown @ SCSU Jan 2&3: Brown vs. Bored of Education (thank you Jase Weslosky)

Originally posted by Humanoid View Post
    5 straight wins intot he break - if this game is played on the weekend after the AIC game, then Brown might sweep the series.
    I don't care if the first game was played 5 minutes after St. Cloud lost to CC 4-1; Brown can't get a sweep in the NHC.
    tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Re: Brown @ SCSU Jan 2&3: Brown vs. Bored of Education (thank you Jase Weslosky)

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
      I don't care if the first game was played 5 minutes after St. Cloud lost to CC 4-1; Brown can't get a sweep in the NHC.
      you are talking about SCSU right?
      I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Originally posted by kdiff77 View Post

So, what should we expect to see from SCSU? Well, I guess I won't be able to actually see them play myself unless it's on TV (ha!), but I'm still interested because I haven't seen them play since the 03-04 season, when they came to Providence and were throttled by the last good Brown team to date, 4-1, in a game that wasn't as close as the score indicates. I remember next to nothing about that game, other than the fact that the goalie let up 3 easy goals, while making several outstanding stops on chances that should have actually been goals (go figure). But obviously, he isn't enrolled in the school anymore, so that gives me absolutely no knowledge about the team whatsoever! Educate me!
        SCSU is a bottom tier WCHA team. With that said, they are going to destroy Brown.

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
          I should be there for the Saturday game. I got roped into working on Friday.
          Yay! I shall stock up on some more New Glarus.
          Originally posted by Skeeterman
          Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
          "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

Originally posted by InebriatedMike View Post
            SCSU is a bottom tier WCHA team that didn't show up and still took 3 from tUMD. With that said, they are going to destroy Brown.
            FYP

Originally posted by Lady wore Black View Post
            Yay! I shall stock up on some more New Glarus.
            So you didn't answer, will you be at both games? Or more importantly, will you be at Sunday's?

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

Comment

Originally posted by Skeeterman View Post
              Except I believe it's a Saturday-Sunday series.
              It's a moot point...I work Sunday too.
              St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Union's ranked #18
                It's still Union..

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                  So you didn't answer, will you be at both games? Or more importantly, will you be at Sunday's?
                  I will be at both games.
                  Originally posted by Skeeterman
                  Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
                  "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

Originally posted by Husckey Domi Nation View Post
                    Well UHM would advise you that Union is #1 then, now and always.

But you guys beat Quinnipiac. How'd you pull that off?

Superior game plan, superior technique, dominating possession- Brown came to play a #4 team in the country, and QU came to play Brown.

Unfortunately for opposing teams, you can't come to play Brown and win anymore. I have a feeling we are going to surprise a few people with the quality of our play in this series, whether or not we get any results.

Back to the Quinnipiac game:
                    It wasn't that Quinnipiac failed to execute their game plan; it was that Brown didn't allow them to do so, and picked away at them by holding possession until they got frustrated and starting taking stupid penalties (and there were a plethora of others that went uncalled). This is how we've been playing recently, and it's been very effective. Quite contrary to the past 12 years under Coach Grillo, this team values possession, and actually knows what to do with the puck once it gets it. They cycle beautifully and forecheck ferociously, and as a result of this style, the defense gets worn out and guys are allowed to get open for easy shots.

I'm not going to make any bold predictions, but I would advise SCSU not to take Brown lightly. This is a different team than last year; heck, it's even a different team from a few weeks ago, when it started out 0-7-1.

Comment

Superior game plan, superior technique, dominating possession- Brown came to play a #4 team in the country, and QU came to play Brown.

Unfortunately for opposing teams, you can't come to play Brown and win anymore. I have a feeling we are going to surprise a few people with the quality of our play in this series, whether or not we get any results.

Back to the Quinnipiac game:
                      It wasn't that Quinnipiac failed to execute their game plan; it was that Brown didn't allow them to do so, and picked away at them by holding possession until they got frustrated and starting taking stupid penalties (and there were a plethora of others that went uncalled). This is how we've been playing recently, and it's been very effective. Quite contrary to the past 12 years under Coach Grillo, this team values possession, and actually knows what to do with the puck once it gets it. They cycle beautifully and forecheck ferociously, and as a result of this style, the defense gets worn out and guys are allowed to get open for easy shots.

I'm not going to make any bold predictions, but I would advise SCSU not to take Brown lightly. This is a different team than last year; heck, it's even a different team from a few weeks ago, when it started out 0-7-1.
                      First off, nice win for you guys, but I think I speak for everyone out West when I say, Quinnipiac at #4 is about as good a shot as one'll ever get to beat a top 5 team.

Oh, and don't worry... I suspect at least one night, if not both, St. Cloud will take Brown lightly.

Any Brown fans making the trek to the NHC?

Comment

Does the Brown mascot travel with the team? Is there a mascot? What does a brown mascot look like. Helen Brown?
                        Bob is making me concerned
                        I am the voice of reason

Comment

Does the Brown mascot travel with the team? Is there a mascot? What does a brown mascot look like. Helen Brown?
                          You guys are funny! :-)

The Brown mascot is "Bruno, the Bear," but though he can be seen at Meehan Auditorium, he doesn't travel with the team.

Comment

Garret Roe is ready for the games against Brown!

I sure hope Sam Zabs is healthy.

Comment

so I guess Bruno the bear would be a brown bear, which can also be black. Now I'm confused.
                              Bob is making me concerned
                              I am the voice of reason

Comment

so I guess Bruno the bear would be a brown bear, which can also be black. Now I'm confused.
                                Brown bears can be black? Now you've got me confused, too...

Comment

Working...
                                X