This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Season 2014 - 2015 Thread: PART I

Maybe someone like Sean Pickett can find a closer Pot, but 3 of the 4 games were OT games and the other game was basically an OT game...game winner was scored with under 2 minutes to go.

More Pots like this with Harvard and NU actually winning every now and then and we're in business.

Comment

Funny as it was done in front of about 500/1000 family and friends but absolutely huge win.

Kudos to the 15-21-4 line as they certainly earned that goal in the 3rd, they were good.

Need to get Calnan away from Smith & Sit. He's just wasting away there.

BTW on the rare chance we actualy get a powerplay in HE, it looked absolutely atrocious last night.

When Demko was down for about 5 minutes, it was close to turn off the lights on the season.

Comment

that's the problem! not enough in game chances to get it going

Comment

Sure am glad the boys pulled out a W. I was shocked to be honest after seeing just 2 SOG in the middle frame... there have been some serious bad periods this year from an offensive perspective that I can't say I've ever really seen before. 2 SOG last night in period 2. 1 SOG (ENG) against Merrimack in the 3rd period a few weeks ago. The penalties... JFC just stop taking penalties. Not sure if this team just lacks discipline lately or if they are just taking penalties because they are tired and not moving their feet. Of course that happens when you dress guys and let them sit on the bench the whole game.

Obviously with all of its flaws this team can win most games with the personnel they have, but I don't feel like things are optimized at this point yet. Getting Silk back will help since York actually plays him unlike McMullen or Jeke. Same with Linell. There's a few legitimate players up front and they spread them out and as a result some just go into no man's land from a production standpoint. Someone pointed out Calnan as an example and I totally agree with that. Time to buck up and stack two lines and work out the rest later. I think come NCAA time you're going to see some serious stacking/double shifting for the better players and it will be feast or famine for them as they will either get it done or run out of gas early. I'm fine with running out of gas, the current set up will not work.

For all the talk about the strong D and Demko, it is almost a certainty that they will give up at least 2 goals a game. And scoring more than 2 is a tall task for this offense. Very thin margin for error and the penalties simply make it less likely that BC keeps the GAA under 2 and nets more than 2. Staying out of the box is critical for the next few weeks. And we know Jeff Jackson will be crying for penalties all weekend while his team systematically breaks the rules a dozen times each shift with impunity.
          Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
          The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Couple things:

Agreed once one of Silk / Linell is back a lot will balance out. Doherty will finally move back to D.
            Put Calnan w Fitz / Cangelosi and let it ride. We're getting to the point where nearly every game will be on TV and you can work around TV timeouts / zone starts / match ups to pick your spots with the bottom 2 lines out there. The Sit / Smith / X line just consistently brings nothing besides effort. I was saying to the person sitting next to me that our "shut down" line seems to get pinned in our own end every shift.
            As you said, the current situation will not work.

Another thing that popped into my head during the vast nothingless that was TD at 5:30, you see the difference / non existence of depth on this team compared to previous iterations with Tuch. I compared him to Kreider as a FR. 1st rounder, clear NHL'er, both had obvious NHL tools, great shots, etc. Kreider was able to grow on the 2nd / 3rd line while Cam / Whit / Gibbons carried the offensive load. With this team, Tuch is the top or top 2 threat on the team.

Comment

Nick, was thinking the same thing about team defense/Demko however you wanna slice it up. While the overall team defense hasn't been bad, I was expecting a notch better. Like you said, would be nice to limit some teams to just one goal every now and then. More importantly...the stretch run. Get one of those forwards back in lineup and Doherty back on defense and I think that will certainly help.

Comment

Working...
              X