Your best Ref digs...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Your best Ref digs...

I have never found the "ref beats his wife" creative or funny. It's actually pretty disgusting. I realize it's all in good fun, but you obviously don't get it if you actually chant that.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Zebra, zebra, short and stout!
      Find your head and pull it out!

I've got a rope!
      I've got a tree!
      All we need is a referee!

Couple good ones from tMisfits

Also, if it's a delayed penalty you can always do the:
      "Hey Ref, (More effective if you know the ref's name), raise your hand if you're gay!"

Or...

Hey Ref! Does your boyfriend know you're screwing us too?!

Comment

I remember hearing this one at Yost Arena in Ann Arbor when they still had the old press box. They had a phone that occasionally rang very loudly and it could easily be heard with a lull in the crowd noise. The students would then yell "hey ref...it's for you. It's your mother. She says you still suck."

Comment

all time favorite... you might be pregnant, you've missed two periods
          “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
          Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
          Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
          National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

My mind wanders back to my undergrad days, when Cornell fans didn't have much to cheer for, but plenty to cheer against. Short, simple, and to the point:

The ref Fs sheep!
            The ref Fs sheep!

1000+ students in unison - quite an amazing sight...
            If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

My dad took me to my first and only North Stars game when I was 9 years old. They were awful that year and there was maybe 1500-2000 people at the game, so it was pretty quiet. At some point previous to the game, I had learned the phrase, "Go suck an egg," and thought it was funny to say it all the time.
              In the third period, we had moved down near the ice, and the North Stars were losing 6-0 and getting screwed by the refs. I stood on my chair and yelled, "Hey ref, go suck an egg!" The 40 or 50 people in the section around us roared. I'll never forget that.

Comment

My favorite saying when the ref sucked at our home rink was " HEY REF , ARE YOU THE BUS DRIVER."

Hey ref , what does your wife and a goalie have in common ? " THEY ONLY CHANGE THEIR PADS AFTER THREE PERIODS. "
                " PUT ME IN COACH. "

Comment

At UND the students are on the penalty box, which happens to be where the refs come out onto the ice. On Friday night the refs were just standing in the penalty box waiting to go on the ice and my idiot of a friend decided it was a good idea to reach over the glass and tap Don Adam on the shoulder. On Saturday before the game, a security guard came and talked to us and said not to do that again because Adam was pizzed about it and wanted whoever did it kicked out.

So a little bit later when the refs were waiting to go onto the ice I asked Adam "So wait, if I tap you on the shoulder I get kicked out of the game but if I break a guy's f^cking neck, I get a two-minute minor?". I don't think he was amused.
                  Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                  when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                  Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Once when I was really mad at Jeff Bunyan:

"Nepotism, nepotism, sis boom bah!"

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                    -Blackadder
                    "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                    -Casablanca
                    "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                    -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Due to the fact that my father is blind, I've always enjoyed yelling, "my blind father could officiate better!"
                      Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                      wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                      7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

Favorites:
                        I'm blind, I'm deaf, I wanna be a ref.

Specific to one ref:
                        I suck, I blow, I'm Benedetto.

Comment

At RPI, the band also contains within their possession an eye chart, and is pulled out for "special occasions". It states, formulated as such using appropriate sizing:

E
                          A T M
                          E R E F Y
                          O U S U C K L
                          E T S G O R E D

Comment

On Valentine's Day I once made a sign asking the ref to be my Valentine. I think it was Hill or Hall...can't remember which. All the refs/linesmen laughed at it during warm-ups. Then after some horrible penalty calling during the game I ripped the sign up.
                            Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                            wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                            7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

Unfortunately, at Michigan Tech, for every quality tidbit shouted at a game official, the next 5 or so periods are spent by everyone thinking they know how to officiate but failing miserably at it and going nuts over every blatantly obvious call just because it is against us.
                              @#$% Calgary, Go Oilers Go

Your mom is so fat that the escape velocity at her surface exceeds 3*10^8 m/s

Originally posted by Jon
                              I'd much rather be in WI.

Comment

Originally posted by Boosh View Post
                                Unfortunately, at Michigan Tech, for every quality tidbit shouted at a game official, the next 5 or so periods are spent by everyone thinking they know how to officiate but failing miserably at it and going nuts over every blatantly obvious call just because it is against us.
                                True of any fan base at any level. I can't tell you the number of time I've heard fans chant "bull s***" at the refs for an off-sides call that was correct.
                                Bronco Hockey Blog

Comment

Working...
                                X